Sqlite adopts CoC based on religious text

>First of all, love the Lord God with your whole heart, your whole soul, and your whole strength.
>Then, love your neighbor as yourself.
>Do not murder.
>Do not commit adultery.
Is other software even trying?

Attached: 24d.jpg (521x509, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sqlite.org/codeofconduct.html
web.archive.org/web/20180315125217/https://sqlite.org/codeofconduct.html
archive.fo/JFR5T
archive.fo/Fvd27
archive.fo/qivKH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ooops

sqlite.org/codeofconduct.html

What the fuck is going on with software development nowadays, I guess im going to just stop using the internet and computers in general

B-but what if I'm an atheist? Can I still use it?

Cute boy

it's just for contributors. if you use it license is what's important to you. you probably don't use sqlite anyway.

9FRONT CODE OF CONDUCT To all of which I do solemnly and sincerely promise and swear, without any hesitation, mental reservation, or secret evasion of mind in me whatsoever; binding myself under no less a penalty than that of having my left breast torn open, my heart and vitals taken thence, and with my body given as a prey to the vultures of the air, should I ever knowingly or willfully violate this, my solemn Obligation of a 9front user. So help me God and make me steadfast to keep and perform the same.

My fucking sides

This is nice.

based and redpilled

Gross and stupid

ORA ET LABORA.

DEUS VULT!

Attached: Heiligenkreuz.St._Benedict.jpg (604x994, 289K)

It's insane. I was just listening to a podcast by Red Hat about Agile Development and before I knew it they were talking in black Twitter speak and complaining about white men. In a podcast, sponsored by Red Hat! Do they expect you to be a flagellant if you work there? They couldn't even make the case for 'doversity' the host just kept repeating 'its good', of course she's a pajeet so we know the self interest

Brb, migrating all my projects to SQLite

Attached: 1538786748735.jpg (693x490, 64K)

>They couldn't even make the case for 'doversity' the host just kept repeating 'its good', of course she's a pajeet so we know the self interest
The side effect the west is paying for hiring indians for peanuts.

I'd rather have this than a tranny written CoC. I approve, it's not that bad, and hugging is encouraged. Sqlite is great anyway. Would visit again.

god approved

Attached: god.png (450x399, 223K)

God is infinite in his Grace.

absolutely based

Attached: Robert_Guiscard_(by_Merry-Joseph_Blondel).jpg (410x556, 39K)

this

>>Then, love your neighbor as yourself.
>>Do not commit adultery.
So, which one?

>Be not addicted to wine.
>Be not a great eater.
Oh boy they are just asking for SJW's to attack them

Lol

Since SQLite was originally written to help cruise missiles kill people more efficiently, the author being a huge christfag is about the least surprising news ever.

Best code of conduct

Attached: 1536363773373.jpg (1933x1795, 1.92M)

This comes off as an April fools joke (a good one, to be fair, I chuckled). Are they _actually_ serious?

what?

>2k18
>unironically being religious
>subsribing to objective moral principles
You should all just move to Sauti Arabia or Iran.

finally a good COC

>An organisation turns to the Lord as others fall to Satan
This will continue until every facet of society is divided. There'll be no escape. From your obscure Tower Toppler fan group to your shameful kink community, and all the way to the upper echelons of government, everyone will be forced to pick a side.

Attached: 1538155537916.png (960x807, 730K)

">le it's" + DateTime.Now.Year + "guise"

It is not a bad thing when its one of the only remaining ways to fill that intrinsic transcendental vacuum that exists in every human capable of higher order thought when all sources of morality get uprooted by the unscrupulous modern materialistic worldview. To add to that Christians are the only religious group where a significant amount actually tries to live by its standards of charity and christian societal conventions, you cannot find that on a larger scale anywhere else.

>Everything that I am is by Grace alone. The longer I live and the more I see, the more obvious this fact becomes. There have been many times in the past (and, no doubt, there will be more occasions in the future) where I have looked upon “my” accomplishments with pride, thinking that “I” have done well. Such thinking is utter foolishness. I would be less than nothing but for the unmerited favour of God.
D-does this man use TempleOS?

Attached: Dwayne Richard Hipp.png (1280x720, 695K)

Or you can just stop being pussy and accept human life is meaningless and morality is a social construct.

Says the guy plagued by the actions of degenerates far reaching into the core of his hobby

now that's what i called based and breadpilled

We brought them over in bulk to the UK in the 50s and 60s, as well as niggers from the West Indies and Caribbean. Britain's empire started to fall not long after. There are entire cities of the US people don't go because niggers are fucking everything up and this trend of niggerfication is causing the downfall of America's own empire on the world stage. The only thing keeping it relevant is their spicy thermonuclear boys.

I'm not tho.

Faithless fool

>british empire started to fall after the 50s and 60s
kekarooni

Except I am not religious and already accepted both. My point is about the mentally unfortified people who clearly need a constant in life to keep themselves in check i.e. the overwhelming majority of everyday people. If they cannot find that you end up with mentally infantile and dysfunctional people who do neither contribute to society or extend the benefits of it, which leads to a worse society. They cannot cope with a purely materialistic worldview, as you can clearly see with their great numbers today. Modern Christian doctrine is one of the best sets of morality, philosophy and metaphysics to fill that gap, denying that either means you haven't read anything about it or you have a crux against it for God knows why.

This is absolutely great. This is how you do a CoC.

Now let's hope they don't get swarmed by SJWs and forced to change it for some inane reason like "religious intolerance"

You're not American, so why do you know fuck all about history and geopolitics?

Aden emergency in 63 or 64 I think it was, was the end of the British empire. We only continued to keep Hong Kong because we were actually paying rent until the late 90s.

>>>Then, love your neighbor as yourself.
>>>Do not commit adultery.
>So, which one?

Easy, keep your love in the staging area only.

Relativism is just absolutism in disguise, just bad absolutism.

>Sqlite adopts CoC based on religious text
When did they adopt it? You make it sound like this is a new development but I don't see any mention of it in recent news items or anywhere. Is this recent or an old thing you just decided to mention because it's relevant to the current debates about CoCs?

>Acting like Chicago isn't a fucking war zone with more people being shot or killed every year than were shot or killed for the entire fucking span of Gulf War II: Electric Boogaloo.

They forgot a passage about CIA niggers that glow in the dark

kek

Even when it's not

You'll have no problem explaining what the point is then that isn't a figment of your own imagination.

Based, even though I'm an atheist. You can't really argue with such a CoC without appearing severely autistic.

Software development is compromised by corporate interests.

Take the hackerpill and join the good side, the black hat one.

Based as fuck. This hurts the hebrew.

Attached: 1523051493237.gif (400x320, 1.48M)

el género oculto...

Attached: 1537599830336.png (680x680, 691K)

Absolutely fucking based.

first record of christfag coc as early as march of this year
web.archive.org/web/20180315125217/https://sqlite.org/codeofconduct.html

I want to make a Code Of Conduct based around the Dark Mechanicum of Warhammer 40k. I mean if people are going to pretend that their Gods exist, at least follow cool ones.

Common misconception
The Christian God isn't a definition of a new god but an attempt to describe the true God

as medievalfags, SQLite CoC is nice. Would love to see someone implement COC based on Warhammer

Sunn O))) our hymns.

>Implying the Omnissiah isn't the one true God.

Attached: 1516575263575.png (621x702, 56K)

Attached: 1451601176235.jpg (480x546, 131K)

Attached: keep-calm-and-read-the-summa-1.jpg.png (600x700, 44K)

>Attribute to God, and not to self, whatever good you see in yourself.
>Recognize always that evil is your own doing, and to impute it to yourself.
what a stupid concept

>Heaven is oneness with God
>Hell is oneness with self
not stupid at all

>63. Love chastity.

Attached: pink cage under skirt.jpg (1224x1632, 192K)

It's about self responsibility and not being too full of yourself, you twit.
There's a ridiculous number of people who blame the entire world for everything wrong that happens to them

It implies man is only capable of evil, and goodness is only possible because of God choosing to act through a person. How, then, can one be judged on judgement day for their wrongdoings when God himself admits that goodness is only possible when he chooses to bestow someone with a good quality?

getting fucked in the ass doesn't mean you're chaste.

Attached: 1379443604307.png (1233x500, 152K)

>goodness is only possible because of God choosing to act through a person
nope, good works are possible when you /allow/ God to act through you. God can't do good works through you if you're in defiance of him

>Clothe the naked
thots be prepared

If it's your decision to "allow" God to act through you, then why is the goodness not attributed to you? Making a conscious decision to allow God to do that seems like cause for some kind of recognition.

Time to avoid using MySQL wherever possible

Attached: 1539134529009.jpg (5000x5000, 1.82M)

It's just like in some of the other religions. Ego is generally bad. Sure, it's "good" of you to use your free will in a way that pleases God, but you wouldn't even be able to know what that is if it weren't for the holy spirit guiding you

That had to be done before already, since PostgreSQL is superior in every way.

MySQL = sqlite?

Top tier trolling from Sqlite.

>religion
>bunch of do good nonsense
>dont rape and dont murder
>when you should be able to figure this shit out for your self
>except you are brain dead

>coc
>bunch of do good nonsense

im seeing some parallels here Anonymous

Fucking Russians already have Tech Priests. We're fucked if we go to war.

Attached: lJhKh.jpg (900x600, 228K)

>it's just for contributors
Which is a tiny team, no outside contributors.

You're rewarded either way, the only difference is that you don't get to trumpet "look at me I'm so good and pious and virtuous" but instead you should praise God.
It's not like you can lead a wondrous life and then you'll get judged like "nope, those good acts weren't actually yours, no paradise for you lmao gottem". That's not what that means.

>It's not like you can lead a wondrous life and then you'll get judged
So we agree, there is no judgement, because there is no judge, because religion is b.s.

ON YOUR FUCKING KNEES, SLAVE

Attached: rian_02993737-b.jpg (1300x967, 469K)

Amazing

Attached: REU-BELARUS.jpg (1200x804, 356K)

I thought only Hindus that do this

Russian orthodox love blessing war shit.

correct. i don't see why people are so made about these cocks. like nigga just fork the project and do whatever you want.

People are so mad because they don't understand that this is nothing but masterful bait.

Check'd and a hearty kek

noice!
i need to do that shit in my pc's and laptops

Nope

archive.fo/JFR5T
>"I'll never contribute to this project"
As if you ever could.

archive.fo/Fvd27
>"Look, they really need a code of conduct!"
They just got one, no outside contributors though.

archive.fo/qivKH
>"Let's go after their sponsors!"

WTF i love sqlite now

>Having been encouraged by clients to adopt a written code of conduct, the SQLite developers elected to govern their interactions with each other, with their clients, and with the larger SQLite user community in accordance with the "instruments of good works" from chapter 4 of The Rule of St. Benedict. This code of conduct has proven its mettle in thousands of diverse communities for over 1,500 years, and has served as a baseline for many civil law codes since the time of Charlemagne.

Absolutely fucking based.

Orthodox does it too but i did not know they did it for weapons.