ITT: Have you ever tried to help people with their computer issues without wanting anything in return...

ITT: Have you ever tried to help people with their computer issues without wanting anything in return? Just pitying the plebs with the most basic of questions?

My story:
>Go to leddit to help fucking kids who post on /techsupport/ out of sheer boredom.
>Start helping people
>about 20 people helped with suggestions about roughly about 17 have their issues fully resolved with my suggestions.
>Happy with myself that I am making a difference, kids who can't access their work, spilled water pulling out HDDs, etc. Good work to help people trying to make it in life.
>Decide to post my discord to assist in more in-depth requests as there were still open tickets that I wanted to resolve but require extensive instructions that I didn't feel like typing out
>Get banned for posting discord.
>ask for an appeal to their faggot ass mods saying I've been helping a lot of people at a very rapid pace and please unban me because I have open tickets
>"Please file for an appeal in 2 weeks."

Nigga what the fuck why are people so ungrateful. I just wanted to legit just help people and they're treating me like some criminal. Anyone else try to help people with your computer knowledge and it just fucking backfires?

>inb4 lol reddit
Where else do I go to find people who don't know how to use a computer so I can help them?

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 391K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/XQgzK8/asus-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-atx-am4-motherboard-strix-b450-f-gaming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Where else do I go to find people who don't know how to use a computer so I can help them?
Jow Forums

You sound like you have too much time on your hands.

>discord scum
you deserve it
>reddit scum
you deserve it
also go back there faggot

Wherever you go, mods are invariably gay. Keep that in mind. As for wanting to fix computers, get a job in IT, that'll fix you quick.

Yahoo answers is full of people that barely know how to do anything.

I have a job in IT that's why I'm so good at what I do. I have a lot to learn still but it's getting to the point where there isn't much to learn for an end user to have access to and it starts getting into active directory and domain controllers / networking / etc stuff that an end user has no access to.

Just get bored sometimes. I was having fun doing it. I considered it similar to watching some youtube video or something.

>Uses things general users use
REEEE

>uses *things that only pleb faggots use*
ftfy

Attached: 1503300936287.jpg (1079x1070, 562K)

yes, now I do it only for my closest friends and pretend it's ton of work so they don't abuse it by swamping me with bullshit like how to change wallpaper

>Give friends suggestions
>"Thanks but I will just buy a new computer."
>N'new computer but you can just do this one fix and it will fix your computer like new.
>"Yeah gonna buy new computer anyway."

This was someone who was having heat issues and never blew a can of air into the fan port of the laptop. Told them to buy a can of air and the response was: "Yeah thanks gonna just buy a new computer."

Every day we drift further from god's light.

Attached: file.png (775x526, 424K)

10/10 post definitely not shitpost.

Attached: file.png (706x674, 81K)

fpbp

That's pretty sad, OP. Get some friends.

sounds like they should just buy a new computer

I have friends. I was just bored.

id say get a new one gimme the old one

That's taking advantage of ignorant users. I wouldn't do that.

you should have known. If you want to help people then go to stupid questions general

>Have you ever tried to help people with their computer issues without wanting anything in return?

I did years ago. Don't anymore. Had a person that would call me late at night for help. Also told her to stop downloading stupid shit, but she kept doing it. Can go on and on with this. Some of them got mad because I didn't have the time and when I stop doing free work. Some of them think they were entitled to free tech help and when ever they want it.

Yeah obviously I would cut off someone like this, but genuinely was able to help a lot of people and possibly saved some dumbass kid from flunking their midterm paper as their computer was down. just that alone made me feel good.

fpbp

You have to go back.

>working for free
Do you have any respect left for yourself?

By all means, do what you are doing. But what the fuck, man.

I have my own business where I bill out at $90 an hour and $125 an hour for networking rates. Very common I head out onsite. But I genuinely love helping people and helping with computers. You do a lot of really crappy tasks that are not fun at all. Things like migration of emails out of domain controllers is not fun at all no matter how much you like computers. Nothing is easy to come by. Regardless... you enjoy computers. You like helping people. it was a breath of fresh air to help people with their rudimentary issues.

10/10 shitpost would read again buddy.

Attached: file.png (500x469, 149K)

>Nigga what the fuck why are people so ungrateful. I just wanted to legit just help people and they're treating me like some criminal.
Similar stuff is happening to people fighting against Apple's latest "security" memes like mandatory firmware checks in the Apple Store to get the device running again or the new notarization of applications written in Xcode (Apple plans on forcing devs and users to a mandatory virusscan before you can "sign" (another useless endevaour, if you ask me) your software).

People in 2018 all of the sudden act like Macs had sooo many viruses and there had to be done something about it.
In 199x-2017 they still claimed there are no viruses.

Fuck ordinary people. Scam them out of all of their money, that's all they're good for.

I'd appreciate your help if you don't mind giving some now. My computer crashed and now I don't get any image when my monitor is plugged in to my video card. I can only use my computer with integrated graphics.

I've tried both the HDMI and DVI ports and also uninstalling my AMD drivers and putting in an old Nvidia card I had lying around, but it get the same result. Is it possible for only the pcie slot to break in a motherboard with everything else working fine?

You sound like a good guy OP, how do I get Avast and norton antivirus free trial popups off my laptop? I downloaded them years ago when I was a brainlet thinking I was getting real virus protection and now I can't delete them.

The PCI slot issue can occur if you have an MSI or Gigabyte motherboard. I've seen often an MSI/Gigabyte have issues like this. You tried an old nvidia card and installed drivers, and still did the same thing? Then yes it's an issue with the motherboard. a shame. I highly recommend in the future to get yourself a decent Asus board (spending roughly 120-180 on a motherboard qualifies as a decent asus) Call me a fanboy I just have statistically seen less units with ASUS board go bad less.

Other thing you can do is see if you can find anything related to video card open in the event viewer. Sometimes it can tell you something that you wouldn't normally know.

Ah this is easy but a little wonky. Reinstall the programs and go through the uninstallation process in "Change or remove programs" (also for windows 10: control panel -> Programs and Features) But the idea is reinstall so you get the proper uninstall tool and go through the channels that is designed for the program to uninstall properly.

No. My time is valuable.

you're telling me you never sit around watching some movie or just chilling? this was an instance of me just chilling. Jesus.

Yeah, I've got a gigabyte board that's over 6 years old now.

I was just in the middle of picking out new PC parts and have heard a lot of recommendations for a b450. Do you think this is a decent mobo? pcpartpicker.com/product/XQgzK8/asus-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-atx-am4-motherboard-strix-b450-f-gaming

Yes ASUS ROG series is good.

Thanks for your help

>Have you ever tried to help people with their computer issues without wanting anything in return?
Yeah, actually 100% of the time. Do expect me to ask for money to my coworkers or something? They are glad I could spend 2 minutes of my time helping them out, it's called team building too, I'm not a good programmer but I help my company so much with just fixing i.t problems that I have a decent pay at the end.

i wipe windows and install linux for people for free all the time. making the world a better place

>being a furfag on top of being a pleb faggot

Attached: 1510457272699.png (709x861, 569K)

Yes, and all the times I did, I ended up regretting because it was actually a problem deeper than I thought it would be which would give me a huge headache.
The only times I actually do it for free nowadays is when I work on my little sister's computer, and only because she knows how to take care of her computer and because her "thank you" hugs and kisses are worth it.