EGPU + T440p setup

I have a T440p that I want to connect to an external GPU with an EXP GDC dock. Can't seem to find an example build online, most people are using the express card on older thinkpads.

There also seems to be some ambiguity about which version of the EXP GDC I should be buying, but according to another thread I'm supposed to be going for the NGFF version of the dock.. can anyone confirm this? Sorry for the noobish question.

If anyone has an egpu setup of their own, please share.

Thanks!

Attached: egpu.jpg (960x720, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Version-Laptop-External-Independent-Video/dp/B07BP9W5XJ
cosprings.craigslist.org/sys/d/dell-quad-core-desktop/6723978745.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The M.2 version should work unless you use a M2 SSD, in such case try PCIe version and flash the BIOS whitelist.

Where can I get a whitelist free bios for 440s

eGPU is pointless now that you can build a entire PC in the size of a eGPU case.

just have to find a way to send the video output to your laptop and sync up your keyboard with one of thous share mouse programs.

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (1200x900, 239K)

I think you need a screen controller adapter theyre like 20 bucks on ebay iirc

this case is like 300$ but you can get one same dimentions from Taobao out of plastic called the geeek a50 for 60$ in black or white and a riser cable for it for 5-10$ depending if you want black or gray or not.

the SFFPC tax meme is over you can get the cases cheap as chips now. china delivered

How is that case for a ryzen cpu and how do you think itll be for ryzen 3

I have a t440s and can tell you that M.2 NVME SSDs don't work.

I used an eGPU with my X220 for years, more recently I've been using one on a W530. I use a PE4L expresscard adapter with a 12V laptop-style power brick running a 1050ti. Works very well. Let me know if you have any specific questions, although I'm afraid I don't know much about the GDC adapters.

M.2 might work in theory, but the convenience of hot-plugging an expresscard is hard to beat.

>calling it a build
its literally plugging shit into each other, dont try to make yourself sound less retarded. Dont risk it btw, i did the exp gdc on an x220 and w530, and it killed the southbridge on both of them, then i sold it. It is chinkshit and will destroy your device. And i tried soldering on a new southbridge chip and it killed it again after booting so it wad not just the controller that was damaged from using the exp.

T440s is limited to SATA SSDs, T440p can use NVMe SSDs.

FUCK

people seem to cool stuff fine in it desu. id go with lower core count thou.

first 3rd party people ie not related to case maker get theirs in 2-3weeks time so maybe check then if you want non bias info. It would be better than dan case and people run ryzen 7 in them at high but decent temps ryzen 3 prob fine even with OC.

uwotm8? I have a feeling that the GDC stuff is proper chinkshit from what I've heard. I've been using a PE4L (posted earlier) with various different GPUs on an X220 and a W530 since mid-2012 with no issues. Respect for trying to replace the southbridge tho.

notebook+eGPU is a meme, just get a desktop. Make it tiny if you lack space. Shit.

T440p does not have an expresscard, and its M2 card is SATA so cannot accept a PCI adapter.

Which is a real shame, the T440p would be the endgame final thinkpad if it had an expresscard slot

If you want decent graphics in the T440p, there is an unknown option but it requires joining the Chinese dark side.

Some chinks made an adapter to plug the Macbook Pro Haswell BGA CPUs into a socketed adapter like the T440p has. Thus, you can put an i7-4980HQ in it. Search on Taobao for that model with "PGA adapter" in the terms.

Thus; you can get an Intel Iris Pro 5200 graphics in the T440p which is roughly equivalent to the W540's Quadro GPU in performance

It's not a godlike game tier GPU, but it can at least play modern games at 30ish

Thanks for the reply. I really wish the T440P had an express card slot. That would be the clean option. I'm not completely giving up hope on the GDC idea though.

I'm going to choose not to listen to you.

It's not a meme if it's a much cheaper option.

can it accept an NGFF? Or am I just fucked?

I should probably mention I'm fine with removing the wireless card. This ought to free up space for the GDE theoretically, no?

Theoretically, but I haven't seen a single post here or on >reddit showing that PCI works through any of the M2 slots on the T440P

Some people need a portable decent laptop, but also like to play some games on the side too.

It's seriously not worth it with a T440p, just find a system for the cheap on CL and then add a graphics card to it. You'll have better performance and probably will cost about the same.

So, this would be the one, then?
amazon.com/Version-Laptop-External-Independent-Video/dp/B07BP9W5XJ

Attached: chance.gif (498x276, 3.16M)

cont.

Sticking a little extra RAM and a decent gfx card in this machine would get you to playing most games.

Imagine being so retarded you forget the link.
cosprings.craigslist.org/sys/d/dell-quad-core-desktop/6723978745.html