I have a 2014 led lcd tv. will buying a new tv blow me away?

I have a 2014 led lcd tv. will buying a new tv blow me away?

Attached: 816610644-nipkow-disk-allen-dumont-picture-tube-mechanical-television.jpg (720x540, 32K)

No, unless you buy something very expensive like a QLED TV.

No, even the Sony x900f will be a HUGE step up from a 2014 TV.

>t. someone who did the same thing except to a x900e

Maybe provided he has 4K HDR content. If anything, 1080p content would end up being worse on a 4k TV.

Why watch TV when you could drink alcohol?
Why drink alcohol when you could smoke weed?
Why smoke weed when you could pursue hobbies and learn new things?

If you genuinely care about picture quality, which you probably do not, then an OLED TV will. You can keep your old one for your 24/7 news channels and gaymur shit if you're a pussy bitch.
Otherwise don't bother unless you're going significantly up in size and don't mind the awful downsides of VA panels that only get worse the larger you go.
Die, VA-shills.

Why pursue hobbies and learn new things when you can shitpost on Jow Forums?

Yup. 4k, HDR, etc.

I was looking at my friends oled the other day and honestly while the blacks are really nice the brightness was really shit. Also most other people i know with oleds have burn in. I hope they fix these things fairly soon, until then 1080p va ftw. Also you can barely see 4k content, i with the push was instead for high refresh rate video

>the brightness was really shit
For what? A bright as fuck sunlit room? OLED is plenty bright for sensible use cases, you fucking mong.
>1080p va ftw
kys, VA-shill.
>high refresh rate video
Remember the hobshit? There are a lot of reasons why no one else bothered redoing that retarded stunt.

48hz is not that high. Also the hobbit failed for many other reasons. Also what do you gain from talking like that?

>48hz is not that high
You know how much shit is still done in 2k DI? Now consider the fact that there is actually a delivery pipeline for 4k content and it's been the biggest marketing point for TVs for a couple of years.
>Also the hobbit failed for many other reasons
And? It has proved one thing. That basically no one cares for """HFR""".
>Also what do you gain from talking like that?
What do you gain from asking this question? Soft cunt.

>Why smoke weed when you could pursue hobbies and learn new things?
Why just do one or the other?

is a projector going to blow me away?

If you get a high end one (and paint your walls black,) sure.

I got one form 2008, not going get any of them "smart" tv shit

why not? you don't need to use the smart features?

Kys you qled shill, qled is shit

Buy old crt, overclock, overvolt then maybe it will explode and blow you away

yeah, if you're the type of person who typically gets blown away from watching TV. I'm sure you'll be able to see fortnite just fine with whatever you have now.

Literally how to make the best of QLED. What do I watch?

Samsung QLED is not even self emitting so they are misusing terms like they did with "LED television", the light is filtered and colorspace has barely changed at all.

Attached: 1538137400247.jpg (1000x500, 81K)