Brave

What do you think of the Brave Browser?

I don't get its appeal.

Attached: 5b818044.png (270x270, 26K)

based and redpilled, but unfortunately its shit

A browser for cuckolds. You should use it, OP.

I hope it gets gud some day.
On mobile it's pretty decent (probably the best browser on Android and pretty good on iOS too).
On desktop, for now it's just a Chromium build with a new logo and an adblocker builtin.

Attached: 1381805611806.jpg (600x740, 228K)

It's the best Android browser, but only because you can't just install chromium and ublock on that shit

>On mobile it's pretty decent
I'm probably just blind and retarded but is it not possible to stop it from saving browsing history? I cant find a setting for it.

Not sure about that.
On iOS you can activate the "always on private mode" config tho.

Thanks. Looked into it, seems its not available on android but it on iOS. Bit odd, but whatever.

>tried it the other day
>literally a few hours ago they rebooted the project or something changing engines
>doesn't have sync

I'll try it again after they have sync implemented, I liked what I saw and I want out of the google ecosystem

>I don't get its appeal.
And yet you shill it every day.

Attached: file.png (993x918, 290K)

It's a scam and it gets shilled here on a daily basis

Can't you do that on Firefox?

everyone should use it so my BAT become $10k apiece

KYS shill

I've been using it as my primary browser for about a year. They've recently (last few months) added support for chrome addons and a bunch of other basic features that it was sorely lacking. Overall a better experience than firefox

>I don't get its appeal.
It doesnt spy on you

Yes you can, but Firefox on Android is shit.

They just stopped using that thing called Muon to make the interface.
Now Brave is basically a Chromium build with a different name, icon, builtin adblock and deactivated sync. Oh, and the possibilite to open a Tor window.
It's good because it's fast and support to Chrome extensions, it's shit because for now it's just a reskinned Chromium, to the point of a lot of options that send shit to Google's servers are still there, working (like the translate stuff, safe browsing, etc). So much for a 'privacy oriented' browser.
I do hope it gets good with time tho.
Pic related, it's the settings available (aka, Chrome with another name).

Attached: Brave settings.png (1278x3343, 283K)

I wanted to switch away from chrome and tried firefox. scrolling is absolute dogshit

brave or icecat

can we have a single day without this shill thread?

LITERALLY
>we'll block ads except these ads which the advertisers have paid us to serve...
oh &
>well kinda incentivise it so you think you're not getting shilled to or datamined

>inb4 the hordes of Brave gorrillionaires who've got rich off the Brave Rewards

Once you don't disable Rewards they LITERALLY data mine you.

>Once you don't disable Rewards they LITERALLY data mine you.
Is this true?
That's now what I understood when reading about Rewards.

Only got anecdotal evidence
>me
>read the faq
>turn off all adblock/hosts etc.
>running a wireshark capture with iftop to pick up ad based traffic
>install brave on deb9 system
>open
>ensure there's NO ad services or opt in running on options
>traffic to var ad server sites and uploading goes fucken ballistic

>purge brave and back to ungoogled chromium.

2 each their own m8 but to me the model of browsers being paid by advertisers is inherently a flawed model.

so what browser can I use that wont spy on me?

>>purge brave and back to ungoogled chromium

Realistically any browsers going to have *some* telemetry. GET itself is a form of telemetry but with a decent hosts file and ublock/script blocker (I use script safe and that's NOT an endorsement) you should be fairly alright.

Is the sync at least in some of the nightly/beta/whatever builds at least yet? I really want to get off google chrome but I still need the extensions and firefox doesn't really cover all of them.

it's chrome with a built-in adblocker for those that can't into extensions

dumb tranny

New update os based on the latest version of chrome browser so it looks better

I didn't like it. No support for third party apps and its built in ad blocker is shit

It supports third party extensions now, in the latest beta. I think 1.0 non beta comes out next week.

It's decent on Android, total garbage everywhere else

I like the Tor feature, but it's still glitchy and buggy and can't use Jow Forums on it.

It's not mature yet, but shows promise.
Mostly I just hope Eich gets his revenge on Mozilla.

Attached: batman.gif (500x375, 442K)

you literally must be mentally retarded to not only use Brave but even use its Tor tabs. Tors purpose is to make everyone look the same. Those idiots took a flawed browser engine and put tor on top of it. Just imagine how ficking insecure this is. Any Brave user is easily uniquely identifiable since the fingerprint has higher entropy than on stock Chrome. now imagine what happens when you enable tor inside brave. Einstein would laugh at the high entropy because sane humans don't expect any human to be this retarded

I think it's pretty nice, comfier than Vivaldi imo.
But there's a bug where it lags CRAZY when I'm trying to post here using it, it has something to do with the captcha. Essentially "breaks" the entire tab, so I need to start a new one to post as [for some reason] the first time I try to post it handles well.
Maybe ViolentMonkey (4chanx+stylechan) contributes in some weird way. Vivaldi and Firefox are just fine, tho.