Vista usable in 2k18?

Is it possible to use Windows Vista today, with or without updates/mods?

Attached: windowsvista.jpg (1200x800, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m2e4W8-Paqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's possible to use win 3.1 if you wanted to, I don't see why vista would be an issue.

Why the fuck would you want to use Vista instead of W7 though?

You can still use server 2008 with updates until 2020, it's basically Vista if you re-enable some services. I'm not aware of any updated browsers for it though

No the electric infetterence in the stratosphere prevents Vista from being used

>Vista being usable in any year

>t. teen

Nostalgia.

>nostalgia for vista
hello embryo

>Vista
It is the most beautiful DE up to now

My computer's a bit older than most, so a bit of my hardware isn't compatible with 7.

like what?

absolutely if all you want to do is post screenshots in the containment thread with all the other riced out homosexuals. oh and speaking of containment threads, go back.

basipally this. As soon as your os isn't supported you might as well use msdos 6.22, it's the same thing at this point, it's just for deh lulz, don't expect do get any serious business work done on it. As a Home movie server or some early 2000s gaming? Yeah sure, but don't expect to log into your bank account on unsupported OSs, you might as well use http on a public wifi too at this point.

Yes, you can even get updates if you know what to do.

Attached: Vista-tan.full.680564.jpg (800x600, 373K)

Why would you do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Vista and Seven use the same drivers.

vista>8.1>7>10

Attached: tfw too smart.jpg (275x275, 76K)

>8.1>7>vista>10
Fixed

ah, a fellow patrician

Mainly my graphics.
I did have a problem with my wifi, but I managed to get that one working.

7>Vista>8.1>10

this one.

>7>10>vista>8.1
fixed*

youtube.com/watch?v=m2e4W8-Paqk

Attached: kino.jpg (354x286, 14K)

>When you realize that Windows 7 is just Windows Vista SP3

>7>Vista>8.1>10
the correct would be
>7>vista>xp>8.1 and 10 in the trash

I would go back to 8.1 if they still made drivers for it.

Sure? Nothing really exciting has happened in software exclusive to newer operating systems to the point that it's completely useless outside of maybe a few niche cases.
Even that's pretty debatable because nobody's with the power to collect that data in a lucrative way is wasting resources accomplishing it by popping Vista-specific exploits when there are plenty of ways that you can do it without any vulnerabilities at all.

>8.1, and 10
These are complete shit.

8.1 was perfect.

I still have really fond memories when I first experienced Vista after having all of my infancy in 95/98/XP. Shit looked really neat, it was quite pretty for me and I'll never forget that feeling of amazement at the aesthetics an OS could have. Shit was awful in all other regards though.

>>When you realize that Windows 7 is just Windows Vista SP3
Yeah, under the hood.
But the aero UI was purposefully ratfucked by Ballmer in 7.

Success breeds jealousy.

Attached: 1528661660331.jpg (858x1200, 775K)

I'd like to breed that.

>As soon as your os isn't supported you might as well use msdos 6.22
autism. having (((support))) from microshart doesn't mean your OS is usable or not
>don't expect do get any serious business work done on it.
I use my XP laptop to post on SSH boards, use telnet, type up emails or essays, use it to torrent, work on my personal and academic websites, program in C or python, play games both natively and in DOSBox, and to browse the Web in general among other things. Maybe I wouldn't access my bank account but that's it.

I use win7 on ryzen
impossible is nothing

Attached: win7 ryzen.png (711x477, 23K)

explain
me too. I kinda wanna try to run vista on ryzen. Just to see what happens

TurboSatan is correct.

Oh look, another dumb zoomer faggot who never used Vista making sweeping claims about it. No, network drivers changed quite a bit (but generally had fallbacks). Video drivers were simply funky, and Vista was the start of no guarantee of back- or forward-compatibility. Hence why video drivers these days are specific to the version of Windows, and God help you if you try to jam it into something else.

Attached: 1524149830294.gif (480x287, 1.23M)

>have a Vista-era laptop
>OpenBSD's got better driver support than Windows 7, 8(.1), or 10
kek

are you 10?

Not him but I'm 22 and Vista's rather nostalgic; it was the dawn of a new era (literally; our old XP machine blew smoke while I was using it and my dad replaced it with this new Vista machine)

People can be nostalgic for things other than their shitty childhoods. Vista was my main OS when I started really using the internet and paying more attention to computers, I remember it much better than XP or the scores of shitty 9x/Mac boxes I barely paid attention to as anything other than gaming machines as a kid.

provided XP is actually still usable (if you don't mind security updates related memes) Vista should be even more usable but I have no idea why'd one use it instead of 7 which is still relevant.
The only real problem you can face is new hardware support, but honestly at the moment only Win10 is guaranteed to have driver packs for it.
And if you think Vista is less """botnet""" - forget that, every Windows is a botnet and it is a trade-off one should have in mind while using it.

Yes, if you can scavenge drivers for the computer. You can get 32bit or older versions of software that will run on it. You can use FF52, Seamonkey or FF derivs as browser.

Hey faggots who wants a free key?

Attached: windowsvistasudaca.jpg (2499x3627, 674K)

dude wu.krelay.de/en/ lmao

Is this how free software works btw?
>abandonware

Attached: 1539683417410.jpg (720x480, 91K)

I had a riced gaym0rz machine back then with BSEL'd core 2 shmuo, 4 gigs of ram and Nvidia 8800gt, it was my "it just werks" vista battlestation, then I latter got free W7 upgrade, I gave it away to a cousin latter tho, I think he still uses it. Pic unrelated but it was also a crappy Dell

Attached: images(14).jpg (640x480, 32K)