/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Stupid question thread. Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>Programming questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
support.microsoft.com/en-in

>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
You don't. Install Gnetoo.

Old bread:

Attached: 1517680310613.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=ZOTAC Gaming Mini &N=-1&isNodeId=1
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=gaming desktop&ignorear=0&N=4019 100019096 601189590 601202908 601202923 601206068&isNodeId=1
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
boards.Jow
boards.Jow
streamable.com/xnfmi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is there cheap x86 machine that can use chrome with several tabs and without lagging and some 4k video watching?

Question for any brits:

How is internet delivered in the UK?
My job is moving me to Suffolk in 2 months, and I'm wondering if it is worth it to buy a cable modem for the last 2 months I am here in the US.
If internet is mostly delivered via coax cable, then I can use it in the UK, but if it's mostly DSL/Fiber then there is no point.

Laptop or desktop?
Are you willing to build it yourself?

No I mean a ready to use pc and that's marketed like a PS4, raspberry pi, GDP win. There must be something marketed on the market that can do this.

Go dumpster diving. Companies trash fully working PCs all the time. Why buy what you can get for free?

Because the days of dumpster diving are over
>Pic related

Attached: rolluik-parkeergarage-bodegraven-1025x613.jpg (1025x613, 175K)

I'm sensing ESL.

Do you mean something that *isn't* a PC?

And if not, what's your price range? Plenty of desktops that can do that for

Can someone tell me the best settings to change on VLC to watch anime.

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

I think I just want a mini PC but which one can decode 4k in YouTube in Chrome?

Use mpv

Most ISPs piggyback on BT's infrastructure which is all DSL. You can check if you can get Fibre by sticking the postcode of your new residence into any ISP's website (BT, Talktalk, plusnet, etc)
Coax is only delivered by Virgin Media who tend to get better speeds due to their full ownership of their cables.

All ISPs provide a router for you so no need to buy your own.

Buy a used workstation for $100.

hey guys I activated windows 10 with hwid gen, I want to install office and activate it with kms-vl-all.
would that cause problems with my windows 10 key?

Install MPC or MPV.

>Most ISPs piggyback on BT's infrastructure which is all DSL.
It has been fibre to cabinet for many years now

Is there an up-to-date Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 ISO that doesn't have the file-deleting bug on it?

Attached: 2000px-Windows_10_Logo.svg.png (2000x370, 48K)

"Mini" will cost ya extra:
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=ZOTAC Gaming Mini &N=-1&isNodeId=1
Hard to do for under $750USD.

But if you just want a ready-to-go desktop:
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=gaming desktop&ignorear=0&N=4019 100019096 601189590 601202908 601202923 601206068&isNodeId=1
Any of those with 8GB of RAM or better, for under $400USD. (Can't filter by memory for some reason.)

Basically any modern desktop with 8GB of RAM and a non-integrated graphics card (AMD/NVidia), should be able to handle that job.

If you keep a BUNCH of tabs open, either go for 16GB, or start using a tab suspender extension.

Easiest way to start a Bitcoin Wallet without having to download all that bullshit?

Online wallet, otherwise you will have to dowload

I have an old wallet.dat file, I'm assuming I will have to download then?

Mind, watching films at 4K is fairly simple.

If you want to GAME at 4K, on the other hand, be prepared to dish out some real dosh.

Yeah but it's patchy at best. Plenty of new flats built in the last couple years don't get it because why plan ahead?
All he cared about was the connector. Co-ax or phone line so either works

dumb frogposter

Guy who dumped vodka on his laptop here. Turned on my laptop just now after doing what the user from last thread suggested and letting it dry out more in front of my fan. Laptop booted up fine but keyboard kept going in and out. Was able to capture this screenshot of hwinfo and uploaded to gdrive after which I immediately shut the laptop off and remove the battery. Posting from my phone now. Trackpad works fine and every key works on the keyboard when the damn thing works. But like I said the keyboard kept going in and out of working.

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 887K)

yeah

>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Damn thats fucking lame, pretty sure the download is fucking huge.

Not him but
Buy a cheap bluetooth keyboard, there are even some that have a track pad on them for cheapo on Amazon.

Is the Nvidia RTX 2070 worth it if I have to buy a 750W power supply to run it?
All in all I would drop about 680$ for both.

I have an HP Envy 750-109nb
Intel Core i7-6700
Nvidia GTX 960
Internal 300W PSU

It's a luke-warm potato and needs some spice, but I'm not sure if I'd be better off just buying a new rig or building smth myself.
I have never changed a goddamn thing in any damn computer in my life, so bear with me.

Attached: 1488399130309.png (333x251, 109K)

the real problem is though is that the laptop, last time I turned it on kept turning itself off randomly until it wouldn't boot up at all, just flashing its leds when pressing the power button. I'm afraid its going to do that again if I keep it running, maybe even finally frying something in the process.

That's the whole point of bitcoin, everyone has a copy of the ledger.

Of course. The Dutch are stingy as fuck. Go to France.

Just get a 1030 or 750ti and you won't have to buy another psu.

Well, they should have anticipated it getting to 185 fucking gigs JFC.

No, its going to get re-released in 2 weeks.

>Well, they should have anticipated it getting to 185 fucking gigs JFC.
It's going to get larger and larger. Deal with it.

You dropped alcohol not full water on it, it evaporates over time, water causes corrosion.

If I get HTTP Error 500 when trying to access a site without a proxy but it's fine with one, what exactly is my problem? I've tried a few DNS servers to not avail.

Flush your IP and renew

I have a SQL database with 24 table.
Can I merge all those tables using SQL? Won't that destroy my RAM (or the database)?
The database is pretty big (~100gb)

I just started at a call center. If I can, what keyboard/mouse/headset should I swap the dirty basic Dell keyboards and Logitech mice with? Also what headset (with microphone) should I get?

Those look kind of sub-par, desu.
Maybe there's a middle-ground somewhere, and I'm not sure the Intel core is going to be powerful enough for the RTX 2070.
I'd probably be better off buying a new PC if it isn't.

I'll just wait for the RTX to be reviewed fairly, and see if it's worth spending a quarter of a wage on (including the PSU).

is there a site that I can use to see if an IP address is malicious or not/

My computer is acting funny and I'm using wireshark so I want to see where my traffic is going out to.

Attached: 1503674794395.jpg (984x1403, 681K)

How do programs written in more than one language work? Google Chrome is written in C, C++, Java, JavaScript, and Python. How does it work? How do different parts communicate?

How do you make a url of a Jow Forums board's catalog search?

Attached: beach.jpg (373x407, 19K)

Razer Kraken or the Man-O-Wars

boards.Jow Forums.org/g/sqt
Replace sqt with whatever you want.

No good desu. Same error and everything. I cleared all of the things and tried a brand new browser.

boards.Jow Forums.org/g/sqt

If I set up multiple MoCA Ethernet adapters in my home that also have Wi-Fi extension capabilities would they use up a lot of bandwidth?

pajeet's tech support company plz go

Usually the interpreter in the high level stuff like Python has bindings to call C++ code

Is there a word for what I'm trying to do?
I have the following dataframe
ID key location value1 value2
0 a 1 x 12.0 NaN
1 a 1 x NaN 4.0
2 a 1 y NaN NaN
3 b 2 x 0.0 0.0
4 c 3 x 11.0 NaN
5 c 3 x NaN 3.0
6 c 4 x 12.0 2.0
7 d 4 y NaN 12.0

And I want to "flatten" it, so that if two rows have the same ID, key and location, they are merged into one single row.
The dataframe would then become:

ID key location value1 value2
0 a 1 x 12.0 4.0
2 a 1 y NaN NaN
3 b 2 x 0.0 0.0
4 c 3 x 11.0 3.0
6 c 4 x 12.0 2.0
7 d 4 y NaN 12.0

I'm using Pandas, but if you know the name for a similar operation in R or SQL, I'll be happy to hear it.

They'll use as much bandwidth as you're devices are requesting.

Can someone explain to me the difference between reading and executing a file from the hardware point of view?

?

So I got a r7 1800 without a cooler and an ancient tt typhoon hsf from p4 era. I can make an adapter so it could be mounted properly but would it sufficiantly cool the cpu?

you could try to nigger-rig something but the heatsink needs to be properly mounted to the bracket that surrounds the cpu you might be able to use the fan if you figure out the heatsink thing

Thing that manufactures have a habit of not telling you, possibly for fear that it'd confuse you, is that the wattage on the PSU doesn't mean hardly jack shit. What matters is the ampage on the +12v rails.

But 300W is as that point where it's not gonna cut it regardless.

If you can find a ~600W, with at least 50A on the +12v, that should handle it, but there's plenty of 1000W power supplies that will not handle a RTX2070, because they have 30A or less on the +12v.

>Problem initializing the JavaFX runtime. This feature requires JavaFX.
Happens after starting Oracle SQL Developer on openSUSE Tumbleweed. Tried installing proprietary Java and setting Java home to that in the configs, but nothing changed.

How do I fix this? Need this to work for a course.

Trying to install Lubuntu from USB with universal usb installer, I was getting an error during the installation saying " Boost.Python error in task "unpackfs". Comand ' [ ' mount ' , /cdrom/casper/ ...... ' loop ' ] ' returned non-zero exit status 32 "
Someone recommended me to use unetbootin, however it doesn't have the latest Lubuntu version listed (18.10). Am I supposed to pick Daily_Live_x64?

Attached: 1531071781286.png (529x389, 20K)

Reading means, I'm gonna take this data, ignore what says, and maybe stick it up on your display or whatever ya told me to do with it.

Executing means I'm gonna run this fucking code like it was a set of commands and do what it says.

Basically the difference between reciting the script to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and actually acting it out, with an actual chainsaw.

Granted, there's some gray areas - like reading the formatting in a document to figure out how to display it, possibly executing scripts contained therein in the process - kinda like your web browser is doing right now.

Sometimes it can be that your USB stick is garbage, and won't enjoy being a bootable stick to install from. Not sure what the engineering reason this happens is. Google it if you are curious.

tl;dr Try another USB stick.

I have a very long column of numbers in excel and i want to make a thick border every 7 rows. Manually would take too long, how do i go about this? Thanks

Plz

Attached: IMG_20180904_144208.png (700x452, 175K)

>Basically the difference between reciting the script to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and actually acting it out, with an actual chainsaw.
Based explanation, user.

I could tell you how, but I'm not going to.
t. Excel Expert

pls

Attached: 1536444394019.webm (480x480, 1.43M)

I have a coding interview with a Big 4 tech company. What should I study? Should I just do a bunch of algo + data structure work or should I do a bunch of LeetCode stuff?

I'll give you a hint: 14 cells + format painter

Sorry, 14 rows

streamable.com/xnfmi

NZXT sent me a new front panel with the same defect as is had before(doesn't register, significant force required to insert)

Video shoes issue, picture is email.

What should I do?

Attached: Screenshot_20181022-185612_Gmail.jpg (1080x2220, 454K)

Would a better business bureau complaint help maybe?

What happens if you try a different plug?

How do I download youtube videos now. I live in UK and can't use any online covnerters anymore.

youtube-dl

You can't now, it's against the copyright laws.

youtube-dl

Ok this format painter is cool and i could finish in one or two minutes using it manually. But i still dont understand how to make it automatic

Is there a tool to see what folders/files are taking up the most space in a drive?
Need to clear up my Windows drive and can't be assed to explore the entire thing.

Jdownloader2

Space Sniffer

winderstat

thanks lads

ill try this again.

I had it from before but I'd get errors when I tried to dload.

I'll check

ty

Does anyone have the 1803 iso? I wanted to update to the newly updated version and see how well it works

So I was trying to test a game out on my laptop to see if I could run it. And the screen would pop up then go away.
Reading some comments on steam, people claimed a certain windows update was necessary for it to work.
I haven't updated Window 7 since the Win 10 forced updates.
So I think okay I guess I'll update this old clunker maybe she'll run better.
Updated and now all my shit is fucked. None of my media player open, steam doesn't open, Window Photo Viewer broke.
I found a work around for video players and steam by setting them to compatibility Win 7 but everything else is fucked. dllhost will pop up in the task manager then fuck off.
rundll32.exe no longer fucking stays that it's just rundll32 and has a document icon.
I did not make a restore point, every search I do tells me to use sfc /scannow cmd tool but that shit isn't working either.
Wha do?

Attached: 1434248663316.png (543x576, 708K)

Boot into a live CD and manually update all your drivers.

I suppose you could use conditional formatting or something but it is hard to give you advice on it without knowing what data you are working with.

Same shit.

Not who asked the question, but thanks for the spoopy explanation.

run the programs from the cli and read the output and fix it.
If you just copy pasted your win7 setup on to the win10 setup no shit your shit is broken you need to update all your programs dipshit

I have no boot cd nor any blanks to create one.
The update also removed a versions of my .NET and visual C++ had to reinstall them again.
The fuck?
I don't have Win 10 I have 7 I stopped auto updates because they were forcing people to convert.

>why does my purposely outdated peice of shit not work when i try to use brand new games and programs

Attached: 1457659099403.png (808x805, 72K)

>use vpn
>torrent
>browse normally
I'm still safe guys... right?

Thanks bro
Thanks for the help bro
Thanks a lot bro

Attached: 1308661158642.gif (180x135, 1.57M)

What file encryption software should I use if I want it to be unbreakable without the correct password?

veracrypt or dm-crypt on linux

most companies don't give a shit and are only interested in going after the lowest common denominator or the bigger suppliers which means that using a vpn is fairly reasonable
security is never a 'done deal', don't treat vpns like a magic bullet as they could be logging behind the scenes

LUKS is probably the best you can get.

What's the cheapest way to get a website on the internet?
Most of the websites I've seen charge numbers in the double digits, can that be avoided?

t. wanted to port forward but I'm a poorfag and my building doesn't allow port forwarding.

Attached: 1494000725260.gif (276x260, 1.08M)