How did your first job go?

How did your first job go?

Just had my first day and got fucking hosed immediately with a new issue with a stack I've never used and a version control system I've never touched.

Took me 3 hours to write literally one functional line of code.

Will I get less retarded with time?

Attached: abigail.jpg (356x436, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm6622298/bio
youtube.com/watch?v=uBuK4kQ8hb8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

name of girl in pic op?

Holy shit it's abby shapiro you autistic faggot

milk truck has arrived!

Abigail Shapiro
Ben Shapiro's sister

>abby shapiro
Why the fuck would anyone know that?
look at this tiny amount of fucking nothing work.
imdb.com/name/nm6622298/bio

because she gets posted about 1000x/per all over Jow Forums you fagoot

no way thats fucking bens sister rofl

It absolutely is.

Attached: abigal mommy shapiro.png (556x435, 196K)

imagine having a busty sister that's taller than you.

welcome to Jow Forums, new fren

Yes, it takes about nine months for a developer to get up to speed with a stack and team. Twelve months to really feel like a unique contributer to the team.

I just went through the same thing so let me tell you: ask lots of questions, take notes, make todo lists, find ways to help, pair often and don't be affraid to screw up.

Attached: I_knew_you_were_my_man.jpg (1001x667, 74K)

It's going alrifht
I'm 2 months in. The work is easy but the commute is terrible, an hour each way. The pay isn't good either.

Overall, I think they're gonna fire me soon. And not for a lack of skill, but because I literally don't interact with any of my coworkers. Over the 2 months that I've been here, I've probably only said 500 or so words to them. I guess I have my anxiety, depression and shyness to blame for that. I can kind of tell that it irks my supervisor. He looks uncomfortably tense when looking at my code/talking to me, while I always feel disincluded whenever a conversation is going on.

Im gonna start searching for a better job soon.

What vcs and language?

My advice is to setup virtualbox with a toy environment that mimics your actual stack if possible. I did that with some continuous integration stuff and it made my life way easier when it came time to take what I learned and put it in production.

My first job was delivering/cooking pizza.
Then I dropped out of my master's, did help desk at uni for a semester. Proceeded to start an internship on a data engineering team, hired 3 months later as a data engineer. Realistically it took me about two weeks to start work. First week is all introductions, social stuff and onboarding. After that I could start learning and working on things. After about a month I picked up enough speed and was able to power through the things the team wanted and was having fun.

Been here about two years now still enjoy it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uBuK4kQ8hb8

I've been at my first job about four months so far. Got a raise so I've stopped being afraid of getting fired.

>I guess I have my anxiety, depression and shyness to blame for that

user, it sounds like you need to seek help before you go job searching.

lurk moar

>I literally don't interact with any of my coworkers
Start doing it. Your social skills are going to be far more important to your career, not to mention your life in general, than your technical skills. Get it in order user. There are plenty of resources online, and if necessary there is professional help available. Start taking the steps and I promise you it'll be the best thing you ever did.

Suck it up and become a normie.
You will suffer your whole life if you can't connect with people or form meaningful relationships in any context.

post the one with ben shoped in

btw you're here forever

this is a lie, connecting with people and forming meaningful relationships is suffering when you’re an autistic and being alone is bliss.
t. autist who learned how to mimic

How do I get into a job?

Things will smooth over in about 2 weeks user, stick with it. They hired you on purpose.

a b i g a i l

Attached: joo.jpg (540x720, 29K)

Are you retarded

I can't imagine.

autism is an excuse, autists find comfort too. make better relationships.

not her