+guaranteed paycheck
-have talk to other people

>freelance web designer
-not guaranteed pay
-no idea where to start
-could be a bust
-no benefits
+dont have to interact with people

I know html, css and php pretty good and its easy so I could just learn more advanced stuff if i need to

what should I do?
is being a web designer hard? what does it involve? fanks

Attached: anon-sunset.jpg (3264x2448, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

modularscale.com/?1,0.5&em&1.618034
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you're fucked

fuck u

You have to talk to people as a web dev. And you won't make it, very hard to get into that as freelance off the bat.

Go with Dominos. The forced interaction will make you somewhat functional around people. It gets tiresome but at least you'll have one foot out of the hole.

Start with your own website, and make some good looking templates to show off.

Advertise yourself locally, craigslist and whatever, contact small business owners and show them how much better their websites could be. (You will never have an independent career if you dont interact with people, just grow a spine). Start off with cheap rates, show off what can you do, then you can start charging real money once you have a portfolio. It's a very saturated market. Most of the people who have shitty websites these days dont care.

Become a professional gentoo installer

Dominos —> freelance on the side —> build a rep —> quit dominos. You fucking morons on this board make me want to kill myself knowing you need to be told that. Fucking dumb pieces of shit. You’ll never make it anyway as you clearly have a low iq. kys

>You fucking morons on this board make me want to kill myself knowing you need to be told that
It's not our fault nobody taught us how to live in the world.

Fuck off to Jow Forums or Jow Forums you underachieving shitbrain.
Seriously, you normgroid job bloggers have run rampant on Jow Forums and have noticeably lowered what little quality the board has left.

>I know html, css and php pretty good and its easy so I could just learn more advanced stuff if i need to

Kill your fucking self. Only utterly amateurs claim that he is good at html/css.

Do you know preprocessors like less or sass, building process, webfont, iconfont, svg, know where to use rem em px or even vw vh? How about html semantic, accessibility, custom element, custom attribute, html5 shill?

i think thats what ill do
thanks for advice user, taken into consideration
this seems good thanks user
some people on craiglist advertise to install gnu/linux, i may do that

damn nigga chill the fuck out you sound ass blasted not even OP btw faggit

Become a camwhore. Embrace your inner fagness.

>imagine being this butthurt about html and css
and yes user I know all the simple concepts u mentioned, shall i go in detail? ok

>preprocessor
yes I use sass
>building process
forgetti
>webfont
a font that is downloaded from the website and not preinstalled on someones pc
>iconfont
used in modern web design for gay shit pretty much edgy too
>svg
scalable image format (vector)
>rem
root em (usually 16px)
>em
one m char width
>px
1 pixel
>vw and vh
pretty much useless
>semantics
related to accesibility
ex. dont use h1 for big font
>accesiility
take advantage of html5 features and ARIA
like main, nav etc.
>custom element, custom attribute
this is XML stuff idiot
>html5
based and redpilled

so yea, there ya go minime

Embrace the NEET life

Attached: 1535174977857.png (409x409, 190K)

You would have to have a very low IQ or serious mental illness to enjoy the NEET life.

lol seriously consider kill yourself now.

I asked how well you have used all those stuff, since modern web development utilizes almost all of them, for adaptive design you need to master using relative units (em rem vh vw %), to make it do not look like crap in retina screen you need to use, eventually craft your own vector images icons.

Some one who have experienced should responded accordingly, not some trivial knowledge that can be reached after 5 minutes of googling.

>>custom element, custom attribute
>this is XML stuff idiot
no it's fucking not. Web Components is a thing right now.

>It's not our fault nobody taught us how to live in the world.
they did, but you guys were busy trying to be a special snowflake

Freelance life is nice but kinda lonely. Not a problem if you don't like people to begin with

No but you need a very low IQ or serious mental illness to willingly spend your life a slave making your masters wealthier

Attached: 1539461546029.png (992x1856, 141K)

Think out what people will pay you money to do right now op then skill up those abilities. If it's making pizza then so be it.

why not both? stop being a fucking neet wasting your time playing video games and watching anime. get on that fucking grind and get that bread nigga

you need to keep in mind you will be filing a 1099, taxes will fuck you raw

>"Do you know x, y, z"
>explains x, y, z
>"lol lmao ur retarded I didnt ask if you knew it i asked if you know it retard"
good one buddo!

>it's a literal child's fault that he wasn't taught the things he needed for life
You must have been born with an IQ of 9 billion then Jow Forumsnigger.

Imagine being this assblasted about an html post.

>all that neet cope

Personal issue. Being in this business long enough
and you with encounter this kind of clown frequently. They always said that they are good at html/css, but the end result was always a hot steaming pile of shit. Wasted a lot of time and money, and effort to fix those crap. Since then I have truth issue.

>all this knowledge of computer languages
>can't even type coherently in english

he's not wrong

>Being in this buisness long enough
sure user, sure

Attached: hackerman-o-here.png (769x595, 262K)

Work at dominos until freelance street shitter takes off.

I see they didnt teach you how to read, nor you wanted to learn.
I said they teached you, but you didnt want to learn, so stop feeling ofended and learn a thing or two

Ayo dis nigga finna work at Domino's

>freelance
>dont have to interact with people
lmao

>vw and vh
>pretty much useless
You're fucked and will never be able to compete with modern designs.

>sass
Disgusting, you shouldn't need this with a well-defined layout and the (not-so-new) flexbox implementation. I bet you don't even know the proper ratios to use for modular scaling so your designs look good.
>used in modern web design for gay shit
Retard, literally the best way to display icons close to their original fidelity in any size while also keeping consistent padding and margins.
>scalable image format
Scalable Vector Graphic; not an image.
>semantics
>related to accessibility
Very wrong, look into the semantic web. You should also learn how to define a proper ontology and taxonomy while you're at it (see you in 3 years). Basic devs like you will be absolutely BTFO as non-relational databases become more and more popular.
>accessibility
>main, nav etc
Also wrong.
>this is xml stuff
Not anymore.

You'll find work developing basic websites, doing a bit of photoshop editing here or there, but if you ever try to start working on a modern project you will have no idea what to do.

Also here faggot, this is the only time I will spoonfeed you: modularscale.com/?1,0.5&em&1.618034

money is money OP esp if you need food. my 2nd job was a deliver pizzas got free food all the time. it was cash money except if your car breaks down.

Oh and one more thing, Freelancing is easy shit and there's lots of work, but I hope you enjoy getting paid pajeet-tier wages. Either way, if you're white, you'll land jobs on a site like Freelancer easily.

My recommendation is to buy a second car, a shit one, super cheap; run it into the ground doing deliveries, crush it for some extra cash, then get another shitter, this way if your vehicle breaks down you have an alternative available, and you're not paying out the ass for repairs.

I probably shouldn't mention this to you faggots because I'll have to compete for work with some of you, but:

>be me
>start freelancing
>get paid $50 to remove the tags on a mattress using photoshop, it takes me five minutes.
>get paid $300 to convert some shitters photoshop design into responsive html/css, bit of javascript to make the sliders look good, nothing complicated
>take on "big" project for $1400, it's literally just a web page for a dude's horse insurance, throw in drupal and an ecommerce solution, design a theme; done in a day, client extremely satisfied

It's not always like this, but damn can you make some good money for doing almost nothing at all as a freelancer..
>choose my own working hours
>take work when I want to do
The only downside is handling the taxes, but that's pretty damn simple.