Why do people hate on Samsung so hard on here?

Why do people hate on Samsung so hard on here?

>The only manufacturer that refuses to copy Apple's dumb design choices
>They create the best screens on the market
>Hands down has the best overall phone on the market right now (Note 9)
>Significantly improved their custom ROM
>Actively mocks dumb design
>Generally has a high standard of quality (aside from Note 7)
>Realizes iteration is important

The note 9 is the first Samsung phone I've owned and I am seriously impressed. If this phone had a removable battery and was rootable I would consider it the best phone that has ever existed.

Attached: 1_rwWMirhEosAfaBnkWOwBpg.png (988x1114, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/thread/62554259/
twitter.com/webkit/status/911274350472548352
forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptiste/2018/10/22/samsung-hides-a-camera-under-smartphone-displays-forever-kills-the-notch/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is the best phone to have ever existed without root and removable battery.

Has been the best decision I have made. I've had the iPhone 7 for the past few years and this phone blows any iPhone out of the water.

What is your picture trying to convey OP? The "safe area" stuff doesn't work because it goes against Apple's instructed app design. Boxing off your app like that is grounds for them to remove your app from the app store.

do you think a galaxy note 8 is still a good choice comparaded prices

>curved glass
Impractical to protect unlike flat glass (or no glass at all when talking about the back)
>touchwiz
Ok it's called "samsung experience" now but I still find it bloated (it bundles cheeta mobile crap ffs) and full of gimmicks. A matter of taste.

Other than that, i'm sold on the note 9.

inb4 >use a case

>design a sleek device
>it's literally milliseconds from destruction unless you encase it on something that keeps the user from 'enjoying' that sleek design

I'll pick up the folding screen phone.

Depends on how cheap you get it. Afaik you wouldn't be missing any major features, just a weaker battery and slower performance.

What cheeta app stuff? Most of my bloat is from Sprint. The Samsung apps it came with are useful. (Also disable lockout immediately)

they lock their boot loader and deny root

Only the snapdragon version which is sold in the us and canada come with locked bootloaders. International exynos powered versions can have their bootloader unlocked through oem unlock.

But faggots like you wouldn't know that.

It's based on the 'safe area' designated in Apple's own design documents. That's the area where you can be sure that content is 100% visible and clickable. You're right in that they don't want you boxing off apps on the X phones but they also advise against putting critical UI elements or content hard up against the edges.

>The note 9 is the first Samsung phone I've owned

And that’s why you don’t understand why people hate Samshit

>Why do people
Street shitters aren't people.

Attached: 1523984356394.jpg (622x767, 204K)

As if street shitters can afford Apple products. Your argument doesn’t even make sense.

>Why do people hate on Samsung so hard on here?
They don't, really. No more than anything else.

To people who arent super into their phones all high end and midrange smart phones look identical. Seriously, they are all indistinct black or silvery rectangles with a flat glass surface. What thee fuck is there to identify it? Minuscule protrusions and slight angling differences on the beveling.

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1525846048896.jpg (1165x759, 301K)

Someone pls post the screencap from that one thread (OP Pic related)

No. They didn't include an IR blaster.

Attached: 1532473531102.png (618x583, 81K)

Not the screencap but found the thread:
rbt.asia/g/thread/62554259/

N O T C H E D
O
T
C
H
E
D

Attached: fixed.png (998x1125, 126K)

oof

Attached: 1517380269692.jpg (1080x1459, 235K)

I have that on my non notch android phone all the time...

Before Treble this was absolutely useless anyway since the Exynos variants have naturally no third party ROM support and little could be done with root alone, but thankfully it's looking for the better now that everything just works after unlocking and loading

The exynos s7 has complete and official lineage os support

lord it does lol

ever heard of sony?

Attached: LiveMessage_2018-09-19-09-06-11.gif (600x600, 3.71M)

I have a Galaxy S7 and I like that they're not giving into this bullshit notch trend

They give a shit about it to the point that they had ads featuring people with notch haircuts

S9+ better, it less gay

Thats because apple copy Samsungs dumb design choices

>>The only manufacturer that refuses to copy Apple's dumb design choices

lol except they've been criminally charged with copying designs

Only reason they don't have a notch is because they got caught out

S8 was their tock and then s9 and note stay the same but in

yeah they have horrible displays and phones that are heating up soo much that they cant even shoot 4k fro more than 3 minutes and have to be slowed down with updates to work properly

My international Galaxy S2,S4 and S5 all had great custom rom support

They got to where they are precisely by copying Apple's dumb design choices.

Attached: isamsung.jpg (1366x743, 153K)

>visual effect
Are they referring to a visual indicator that appears on the screen when focusing or do Apple/Samsung use some camera effect to make you thinking the camera is focusing differently than it actually is?

But it does, only later
>They create the best screens on the market
Which you can also have on objectively better devices
>Hands down has the best overall phone on the market right now (Note 9)
No. Too expensive for what it is. Worse camera than pixel, shit stabilization, shit software. If you're getting a Samsung you'll be much better off with a cheaper s9.
>Significantly improved their custom ROM
But it's still garbage
>Actively mocks dumb design
And then follows it anyway
>Generally has a high standard of quality (aside from Note 7)
My s8+ is all scratched up from careful use. Visible dust and shit residue in screen-body gap. Oleophobic coating is gone in like 3 months of use.
>Realizes iteration is important
Not sure what that means since they follow the same release strategy that everyone else does.

S8+ is the first Samsung I've owned after going back and forth between Android and iOS every year or two and I'm planning to get XS Max soon because I can't stand it anymore.

>But it does, only later
Speculation

>>They create the best screens on the market
>Which you can also have on objectively better devices
And they charge an obscene price for

>>Hands down has the best overall phone on the market right now (Note 9)
>No. Too expensive for what it is. Worse camera than pixel, shit stabilization, shit software. If you're getting a Samsung you'll be much better off with a cheaper s9.
Top 5 in terms of cameras at least, and makes no design sacrifices. The pixel lacks features, so does the iPhone

>>Significantly improved their custom ROM
>But it's still garbage
How so? It's easily them able and doesn't lock you to a launcher

>>Actively mocks dumb design
>And then follows it anyway
Example?

>>Generally has a high standard of quality (aside from Note 7)
>My s8+ is all scratched up from careful use. Visible dust and shit residue in screen-body gap. Oleophobic coating is gone in like 3 months of use.
You probably have Sand in your pockets. All phones use gorilla glass so anything would've gotten scratched. Oleophobic coating isn't a permanent thing, it is normal for it to wear out.

>>Realizes iteration is important
>Not sure what that means since they follow the same release strategy that everyone else does.
Almost every 2018 phone has been worse than 2017 counterparts aside from Samsung

>S8+ is the first Samsung I've owned after going back and forth between Android and iOS every year or two and I'm planning to get XS Max soon because I can't stand it anymore.
Probably aren't trying to learn how to use it. You sound like an Apple drone in denial

>And they charge an obscene price for
Pixel is cheaper than the note lol.
>Top 5 in terms of cameras at least
So it's worse than 3 less expensive phones, cool.
>The pixel lacks features, so does the iPhone
What features apart from headphone jack?
>How so?
Duplicate apps that are worse than stock Google ones. I can't fully replace dialer for example. Even with nova launcher I had it bug out and show the stock one randomly. Icons bug out with custom launcher on every update. Navigation bar behavior is retarded. I can't remove link sharing or share to device options from share menu. Overall lacks smoothes which you probably won't notice unless you had a stock Android phone or an iPhone.
>Example?
Removable battery. Expandable storage in S6. Glass and metal design. Being too expensive.
>You probably have Sand in your pockets. All phones use gorilla glass so anything would've gotten scratched. Oleophobic coating isn't a permanent thing, it is normal for it to wear out.
No I don't. All my previous phones had barely any signs of use. My Nexus 6p looked like new when I sold it. My 6+ and 6s only had some minor wear on metal parts. It is normal for the coating to wear off but not nearly that quick - it should last at least a year.
>Almost every 2018 phone has been worse than 2017 counterparts aside from Samsung
[Citation needed]
I'd agree if you'd add "for the money" because all of them got more expensive and Android CPU performance has stalled, otherwise I'd pick the latest model of every phone out there.
>Probably aren't trying to learn how to use it. You sound like an Apple drone in denial
You seem to ignore all of my gripes, you sound like a Samsung fan in denial.

Attached: bHE1VLL5_400x400.jpg (348x348, 26K)

i dont see why do you need removable battery for, its not like it will break in next 5 years, my s3 still has its original battery. now i have s8 and i dont care t b h

Comparing pixel3 XL vs. note9, pixel lacks:
>Pen
>SD card/dual SIM
>Magnetic card emulation
>Headphone jack
>iris scanner
>heart rate, SpO2, ANT+

>touchwiz is bad meme
Dubious claims of sluggishness aside, samsungs OS includes a lot of options and features not possible otherwise. Themes and extra options in the settings.

>otherwise I'd pick the latest model of every phone out there.
This shows that you don't really care about customization, you just don't like the way samsungs does things (either out of autism or because you're used to iphone).

You should learn to fix it. User error is different than force ios bs

because their software is complete garbage. the rom sucks and its full of their shit bloatware. awful out of the box experience

though they usually have good hardware so they are a good choice if you like to flash custom roms

Oh you mean gimmicks, I thought you meant actual useful features, my bad. Yeah, those phones lack those gimmicks :)
>Pen
It's cool I agree but it's not worth $300 of price difference compared to S9. And it's definitely a situational gimmick that most people won't use
>SD card/dual SIM
Never understood the need for those.
>Magnetic card emulation
I live in Europe, nfc payments have been a standard for years, no one cares.
>Headphone jack
I've been using wireless headphones for years and I'm not going back.
>iris scanner
It's alright on my S8 but face id is better.
>heart rate, SpO2, ANT+
Useless
>ignoring all the legitimate annoyances
>you just don't like the way samsungs does things
Yes I don't. I'll take polished experience over customization any time, you're right.
>because you're used to iphone
You keep saying that but your shill brain can't seem to realize that I had more Android phones than iPhones. And I like them both for different reasons.
And I also think that S8-9 are one of the best phones on the market right now despite shit software and my complaints, it's the Note that I have problems with.

twitter.com/webkit/status/911274350472548352

I'm still rocking a Note 3 with extended battery running Lineage OS 15.1 and it's great. My next phone will probably be Note 10

Phones are expensive and thus require fair amounts of money. Money is immoral. Therefore Samsung is immoral and it and all other cellphone companies should be hated and mocked until they all crawl back into whichever unholy pit in hell they spawned from.

Attached: bb93f05a8d93e8184e24db6e34b086a28426f2a270da7ad4ffa7f7bf1bc72e5b.jpg (1001x1500, 219K)

Hehe reading this on my new s9+

I have a note8 it hasn't had a screen protector or case since day one (august/sept? last year). I've dropped it from my basketball shorts when getting in my truck (3ft drop), I've dropped it multiple times on my tile floor. The only blemish is a faint (looks like an eye lash) scratch on the front from h to ; on the keyboard

>defending google who is just copying apple in everything, without really reducing pricing

how's your pixelbook holding up?

Itoddlers BTFO

baste

MOMMY MILKY

>Why do people hate on Samsung so hard on here
I don't. My last three phones have all been Samsungs. My current phone is an S8 and I absolutely love it. Headphone jack and microSD slots 4 life.

>It doesn't have a notch
>AND it has the best screen
This is a shill thread right ?

Correction: samsung copies the good design choices and doesn't copy the bad

saying fuck you to "The notch" by putting the camera and fingerprint scanner under the screen which is a giant fuck you the iPhone aesthetic. what's not to like.

Attached: LiveMessage_2018-10-23-15-25-23.gif (600x600, 196K)

forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptiste/2018/10/22/samsung-hides-a-camera-under-smartphone-displays-forever-kills-the-notch/

APPLE BTFO

I have a Samsung phone, but lets not pretend they don't blatantly try to copy Apple. They are the Apple of Android phones, well.... Other than Google that is.

What have they tried to copy recently?

anti-freedom after the S3, and all modern smartphones are unnecessarily thin and powerful at the cost of QoL features now anyway