What should I use for secure communication on desktop? Much of the older stuff seems to be discontinued...

What should I use for secure communication on desktop? Much of the older stuff seems to be discontinued. Do people still use IRC or what is the best option? I haven't really bothered with that for some time but I realized that I shitposting too much to continue using Discord.

Attached: discord.jpg (740x480, 24K)

Jow Forums

Attached: 1488.png (1200x828, 1.24M)

I'm talking about communicating with people I know
>what should I use instead of Discord
>Discord
Thanks but that's not very helpful.

mumble
utox
otr
icanblink.com
/thread

when messaging on phone, is it safer to use sms or mms over messaging services like messenger or whatsapp? or are they both equally shit

Telegram would probably be the best option since the server can't decrypt the messages unlike with whatsapp. Don't use sms for security.

use Signal its snowden approved

Some people still use IRC, particularly Freenode and Rizon. Still, there needs to be a Discord replacement that actually can compete in 2018 since Discord is nothing but cancer. Riot is mostly dead.

I'm testing out otr right now, especially the part about not being able to track back the other person after the conversations ends, even if somebody has access to the computer of the other person sounds really good to me. The only part that concerns me a little is "Ian Goldberg" as leading developer lmao. What node should I use in pidgin? IRC?

>nts a replacement that can compete with cancer
>somehow misses it also have to be cancer

go back zoomer

xmpp

Attached: xmpp.png (100x100, 1K)

I have decided to use Pidgin with Jabber and OTR for now.

what about IRC?

IRC was never meant to be secure.
Just use Telegram, everything else is pure autism with zero user base. It is pointless to compare these softwares, because in the end, agencies can find a way to eavesdrop.

>zero user base
This thread is not about gay mobile communication with normies, there are multiple threads about that already. I'm not going to connect my phone number when I want to communicate in secret, that seems completely retarded to my.
>nothing is 100% secure so just give it to them willingly
No.

Grindr

If you cared about privacy, you wouldn't use a smart phone in the first place, moreover it doesn't mean shit you have to give a phone number because they can easily identify you without it.
Telegram can be used with end-to-end encryption, so you wouldn't just give it to them willingly, you can even use their API to encrypt-decrypt messages yourself with your own, preferred algorithm.

I just told you that this thread is not about mobile communication so I don't know what you're on about with
>If you cared about privacy, you wouldn't use a smart phone in the first place
I'm obviously not talking about using one for stuff where privacy matters.
With telegram, all of the messages are stored on the device and can be accessed easily if somebody has access to it.
if the other person gets compromised, I get compromised.
With OTR, you can't connect the massages back to the other person once the conversation ended.

>Just use Telegram, everything else is pure autism with zero user base. It is pointless to compare these softwares, because in the end, agencies can find a way to eavesdrop.
this post is pure cringe and autism

in case you niggers didn't notice
/thread

rocket.chat

>What is XMPP?
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is a communication protocol for message-oriented middleware.
Unlike most instant messaging protocols, XMPP is defined in an open standard and uses an open systems approach of development and application, by which anyone may implement an XMPP service and interoperate with other organizations' implementations. Because XMPP is an open protocol, implementations can be developed using any software license and many server, client, and library implementations are distributed as free and open-source software.

>What client should I use?
Get Conversations if you are on Android, Gajim or Pidgin on desktop PC.

>How do I join this Jow Forums groupchat?
Here is the link: xmpp:[email protected]?join

Attached: xmpp.png (220x226, 14K)

OTR is deprecated. Try OMEMO instead.

mumble

stop communicating. people are shit.

Mumble

Wire.

Use IRC and TeamSpeak

TeamSpeak is better. Buy or host your own server and you're good to go. Good UI, working, updated more often than mumble.

The only thing I miss is persistent log

iMessage

Riot.