"wow your laptop is old"

>"wow your laptop is old"
>well AKSCHUALLY it has a quad-core Intel i7, 16GB of RAM, a FullHD IPS screen and a 512GB SSD. It looks old because that's how Thinkpads are

Attached: 135.png (680x680, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP here, im gay btw

NO

A few years ago I bought a Thinkpad x201t with an i7 720m. I thought I was cheating the system, getting an i7 laptop that's also has multitouch and a stylus. I thought I'd be so cool!

It runs hot as fuck, battery life of 4 hours even with a new battery pack, and it's fucking slow. I honestly had a better experience using a shitty ARM Chromebook running arch. It's still slow, but I can use it for like 10 hours.

disregard that, i suck cocks

>FullHD
Damn, it's ancient.

You don't need anything more in a laptop.

a laptop is one of the only places where more res makes a difference as you are so close to the screen.

Several years ago I needed a laptop for college so I bought a basic T430 with one of those large 9 cell batteries that stick out an inch. It was great, like having an old flip phone you only had to charge once a week. Never brought a charger with me.

Even when it was only a year old whenever I had to give a presentation my college profs would be like "Jesus how old is your computer?"

Attached: lenovo_thinkpad_t430_g009[1].jpg (775x500, 28K)

1920x1080 in a 15.6 inch screen is already sharp enough and even with 125% scaling makes some stuff hard to read. And scaling often is poorly supported in many application that causes lots of weird bugs and glitches.

You don't even need a laptop!

>legally blind people actually browse this board
Nice!

2/10 bait. you could've framed it as a question before the obligatory belittlement

If your laptop doesn't look like this and is all Thunderbolt 3 ports, then its old.

> FHD
drown yourself, resolutionlet.

Attached: image.jpg (1200x800, 386K)

The bezels are horrible though.

Damn boy sure do i love sucking juicy black cocks

You’re gonna trigger so many unemployed desktop thread spergs

*overheats*

hahahahaha triggered thinkpad fatsos

A 7-year-old Macbook is newer than a normal laptop that was brought out this year, if you listen to normies.

>be me
>go to college, so I can study in the library.
>as soon as i enter, the noise of a Boing 747 engine destroys my ears
>it was actually some fat guy's laptop
>it looks so old, like from 2000s or something like that
>comment that the laptop looks old
>damm he smells bad
>he says something, but i can't hear him because of the noise coming from the laptop
>Whatever.jpg
>I need a new place to study without that noise
>Go to my friends house Brad Lightningdic.
>End up partying

"it has a smaller memory footprint than windows so i can edit my vlogs, browse facebook and stream fortnite all at the same time on 4GB DDR3 ram w/ integrated graphics"

>around 2012
>guys brings massive Alienware laptop into library and begins playing Skyrim
>fans loud as shit
>staff comes and asks him to either shut down the laptop or leave

Fucking lol

Since I built my pc my laptop has become almost obsolete, except for school. It's an Asus N53SV with the following specs
>i7-2670qm
>GT 540m
>8gb DDR3
>1080p
>doesn't run hot
>has alright battery life for being 7 years old

>Zoomer enters library
>Takes his laptop out
>Starts skyrim
VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>Starts playing with mods
*opens onions*
>FUS ROH DAH
*sips*
>YEP, Skyrim was a good game
Boomers can't handle it

*smokes your 1366x768 Walmart special*

Attached: sip.png (701x423, 61K)

>Manjaro
*stops working*
nothing personal kiddo

Mom! Cancel my appointments!

2009 Macbook Unibody

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-23 01-40-40.png (752x467, 355K)

>quad-core i7
>not a hexa-core i9

>16GB RAM
>not 32GB

>FullHD IPS
>not 16K 120hz OLED

>512GB SSD
>not 4TB
lmao are you even trying? Jesus Christ

Attached: laughing thots.jpg (480x360, 19K)

even the macfags are laughing at you lmfao

>fullHD
you are like a little baby

Attached: 1529077761622.jpg (1448x950, 413K)

Laptops that are too thin become uncomfortable in use. It might be easier to carry but you can carry any laptop quite easily anyway, unless you're a soiboi. I like my X230 more than pretty much any other laptop but I haven't owned X220. That one has even better keyboard. Comparing that keyboard to some paper thin laptop is not even fair anymore, one feels perfect and the other one feels like a tablet touchscreen. Keys need deep travel. That's not possible in thin laptops.

the state of Jow Forums, you are worse than maccucks

I bet you use a normal screen and have to scale your interface up like a goddamn idiot. HURR WE WANT HD OMG EVERYTHINGS SO TINY SCALE EVERYTHING UP MAKING OUR NEW TINY RESOLUTION 100% USELESS

Dumbest Generation strikes again.

I get that alot with my T430. People in uni have fag books and say my laptop looks "heavy" and "old". I boast my less than overwhelming specs and leave it at that.

>Thinkpad

Attached: my_screen_works.jpg (1024x965, 694K)

How the fuck do you use your laptop?

ITT: Incompetent Mac users

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-23 12.56.11.png (777x587, 148K)

t. person who likes their text 1 pixel wide

Attached: 1533100807358.jpg (800x390, 46K)

>comparing a v8 that runs fast and runs out of gas faster, to a faggo gas scooter that is a pos
kys senpai

>mfw multiple TB 3 ports
>mf2 also USB-A
>mfw 4K
>mfw a nipple
>mfw a usable keyboard
>mfw i have no face
Step aside, cuck

Attached: Lenovo-X1.jpg (5760x3840, 832K)

>6-row keyboard
>usable
Keyboardlets, when will they learn?

t, Retard

>less features is better
>it should be more difficult to access the function keys
Here you go, faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA
This is what you sound like to anyone with a functional brain

Attached: For+this+fjcommunity+it+might+as+well+be+chess+_f29adc04679c45a53284b63210599461.jpg (1000x989, 90K)

Incredible. It's like you have a complete lack of reading comprehension.

Sorry, user. Figured you're the same guy the other user was replying to. Never can be sure with applefags

That still didn't make any sense you retard.

LMAO how much would such a device even cost?!

According to Apple's website you could get all that in a MacBook Pro (sans the ridiculous resolution OLED panel, you'd just get a Retina display instead) for $6,699.00USD. Nearly $7,000 basically.
So I imagine getting all that in a ThinkPad would be about $1,000 or so, because Apple devices are way overpriced for no reason.

The Touch Bar did nothing wrong.
Leave the Touch Bar alone.

>,,you don't need a 16k screen on your phone''
>ha ha you don't even need a phone am I right ? Ha ha got you !
Neck yourself

Attached: OP succ.jpg (685x474, 113K)

damn nigga, you got me

Attached: 2018-10-23-1540302770.png (722x373, 160K)

heh, my Lenovo not Thinkpad has
>Dual-core i7
>16 GB RAM
>FulllHD IPS
>512GB SSD
so I guess it's almost OPs config. Except it's not actually a thinkpad, it's a consumer G50-series laptop. Can't play games but it's fine for everything else

>Bought i7 laptop
>Surprised it has a 4 hour battery life.
Unless you're using it as a full replacement of your desktop, getting anything more then an i3 is fucking dumb.

Did you get the touchpad to work properly? Does it have any of the gestures OSX has?

Have X230, can confirm looks like a dinosaur. Just works tho so I'm not complaining.

I use an x220 for college and people haven't said shit. I've even seen grills using thinkpads/lenovo laptops, but I live in flyover land so it might be different.

Just whipped out my T420s in class yesterday and damn I felt like using a dinosaur. it doesn't help it's clapped out to shit, but I need to use it for Visual Studio which sucks in small screens like my X230.

>Does it have any of the gestures OSX has?
Gestures on a real computer? SHIGGITY DIGGITY

Owned

How many rows is enough?

It's okay to be gay

>"yes it is, but that guy's macbook pro is brand new, i bet it worth a fortune"