How many of you Ryzen boys are aware of AMDs history?

Like are you aware they literally where making illegal cheap Chinese copies of intel CPUs in the 80/90s and that your buying from a company that is literal aliexpress / wish.com teir authenticity?

sure AMDs illegal clones eventually became better than the intel original parts but it was still a knockoff.

how does this make you feel on a deep personal level

MY YEEZIES ARE REAL I SWEAR

also why don't you guys realise that ryzen is just as far behind intel as bulldozer was no one brought bulldozer and dismissed it as trash because they where only waiting a year for it.. because you waited 3 years for ryzen now its suddenly "basically as good" … talk about Stockholm syndrome. bulldozer was 16% behind as well.

Attached: Amd-logo.jpg (808x808, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/intelnews
amd.com/Documents/AMD-Statement-Human-Trafficking-Forced-Labor.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i don't care

No matter what they've done, they're still more noble than Intel.

>no one brought bulldozer

I bought bulldozer and fucking love it. Op btfo to the power of 100.

>t. guy who made up fake 10nm was canceled stories and regrets it because the FBI is calling his mums land line and leaving subpoena text to speak messages for deformation and fraudulent market manipulation federal charges.

I bought a couple bulldozers, because they were extremely cheap at the time. Nothing to brag about though.

Attached: 1502951145557.png (750x563, 368K)

When intel is able to come out with a faster and more secure cpu without all their jewish tricks attached, I'll buy it.

Right now AMD is doing everything right, and Intel is doing everything wrong.

real talk thou intel's cool video of their fab does actually make their products worth 100$ more.

Attached: 1533374198693.png (383x366, 168K)

>dat meme

That meme was created during Bulldozer times. I've held on to my FX 8350 for almost 5 years and the only Intel CPU I have ever bought was a Pentium III 933Mhz back in 2001 but even I have to admit that the FX series were fucking shit.

Sweatshop chink hardware is based, user.

Attached: basedmobo.jpg (640x480, 90K)

>bestest cpu without backdoor installed
i think this one is worth having this cpu

err bulldozer has a VIPTIC backdoor mate you have to buy like 2008 era cpus to have nun.

t.Intel damage control force

Took you a while to show up

I regret to inform you (please read)
twitter.com/intelnews

Attached: inteli9hardboiledeggmaker.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

tech yes city lives in queensland its like the hottest place on planet earth I doubt his room is actual 23c and he just says that to himself to not get depressed at his failing AC output/sensor he is literally covered in sweat in all of his videos

Post arma 3 yaab benchmarks tho.

are (You) aware of intel's history?

Is it as bad as amd's history?

yer the made shit and it was always the best the end.

if you buy new cpus ever 2years I can see why AMD is attractive but most people buy a new CPU/system/lappy every like 5-8years and at that point paying extra for the best is like 20$ more a year.. who fucking cares.

but continue to buy your inferior knockoffs all you want I really don't care.

>68184267
not even gonna give you a you

Attached: 1500661354822.jpg (225x225, 5K)

user are you from a broken family?

Based AMD

>i watch adored tv therefore i know everything about each company

I do not care about any company. If it makes better product for my use case, I'll use it.

Now, what is the point of this thread? And why it's on Jow Forums and not Jow Forums? Because you're clearly talking about company.

>illegal

Perfectly legal.
Intel outsourced manufactoring to them.

Such low effort b8. Intel literally contracted AMD to make those so-called knockoffs because they themselves couldn't make enough CPUs to meet demand, then Based AMD figured out how to make them better and cheaper than Shitel. Cry moar jewtel shill

Attached: deleted.png (140x50, 7K)

good, amd is the resistance #betterred

>illegal
social constract

wrong it was illegal read more books. intel only sectioned it towards the very end because they had discontinued that product already. Learn2History

the US government even banned the importing of AMD products for a while due to IP theft.

>thunderbird
>palomino
>thoroughbred b
>toledo
>deneb
>eternal sandy bridge :^)
>7nm soon
I'm fine, thanks

>Like are you aware they literally where making illegal cheap Chinese copies of intel CPUs in the 80/90s
I remember a really old website that made that claim as a joke.

I think you are infected by AMD (user's Mentally Disabled)

No, it wasn't. Intel tried to sue AMD to get them to stop making x86 CPUs and lost.

Good. AMD also made 1ghz+ possible
Memory controllers possible
Dual core+ possible
And many more

>inlel releases garbage
>hires shills to shill
>nothing werks
>idea.blb
>hey go- i mean boys do you know that amd did things ?
meanwhile internet is full of stories about inlel that broke literally every rule of cooperation and paid milions monies

What are they resisting against? They stole architecture an have been riding the coat tails ever since.

Even Intel isn't putting all it's eggs in one basket with x86, they're developing arm chips for mobile

And Hewey Lewis "lost" his suit against Ghostbusters and Ray Parker jr, queen "lost" their lawsuit against ice ice baby, doesn't mean they were wrong, it's just hard to prove being copied

Intel btfo.

Who gives a shit? I don't care about brand loyalty or if some company did some shady shit to bring me a better product for a better price.

>ryzen is just as far behind intel as bulldozer was
More cores was a meme back then, even quad cores were viewed as a waste of money because muh gaymz dont utilize more than 2 cores. People do a lot more shit on their computers than play video games now a days, so having more cores is vastly superior than some extra clock speeds for muh 300 gorillion hz refresh rate competitive fornite zooming.

You can get mad and pretend it's wrong all you want, Intel lost. Get over it.

>they think I'm a brand loyalist

my point is that a court matter doesn't prove anything, unless you honestly believe OJ didn't kill his wife and didn't write a book called "this is how I killed my wife"

I bet at least half of people here are more knowledgeable on this subject than you

>requires dangerous deliding procedure to keep temps under control
>very high power consumption
>the only fucking thing that competes is a crippled 6-core trash heap with no HT
Look man, intel is now literal dogshit and there's 0 logical reason to use them for anything anymore. Just accept that and move on like everybody else.

Attached: 1534326485713.png (1824x1026, 431K)

> my point is that a court matter doesn't prove anything
So, you're saying: objective process has occasionally been less than 100% perfect therefore it shouldn't be trusted at all with anything

Grasp at straws more, moron.

Attached: 1539904659358.jpg (924x3232, 1.21M)

So the Ryzen 7 2700X is the better buy than the Core I9 9900K?

>be a faggot
>buy amd

alright

sage and reported

>cheap Chinese copies of intel CPUs
Intel officially licensed out x86 to AMD in the 80's as this was demanded by IBM.

You are a complete retard.

Attached: 7c2.jpg (267x297, 15K)

AMD made the 64-bit instruction set. Intel did not. Intel's entire market depends on that instruction set. Without AMD, they wouldn't be where they are today.

Sounds like you need to pay attention to history faggot.

The 9900k is """20%""" faster, costs about twice as much, and it's going to run at 115C even if you water cool it.

You tell me user.

Lol, you're not even trying to hide your desperation.

How many of those "management engine" backdoors have they found in Intel chips so far? Any similar backdoors in AMD chips?

Would the 8700k or ryzen 2700 be a better choice?

If it's just for gaming the 8700k is still the best value from the Intel line. If it's for mixed usage and gaming the 2700 is hands down better.

Let's just assume I'm interested in stuff that companies did since 2000 k?

What's mixed usage, and why does it change the recommended CPU?

Intel has had their own 64bit instruction set during that time. AMD provided the 64bit extension to intel's x86.
Pros of amd's extension.
>backwards compatibility with 32bit software without a performance hit
Pros of intel's 64 bit
>Faster 64bit software performance over the amd's extension to x86

Intel wanted everyone to move to 64bit computing, but people were convinced that it was better to have better backwards compatibility with older software than it was to upgrade everything all at once.

Are you treating your computer as a gaming console and want that sweet 10 fps more for $100 extra? Get Intel.

Are you doing work on your computer like video editing, encoding or general productivity tasks while also firing up some games? Get AMD.

Single-threaded vs. multi-threaded optimization. Since Intlel has owned the market for so long most game developers have optimized for single-threading which Intlel is better at. AMD has been better at multi-threading for a long time now, which is why coin-miners use it.

I would however bet on games using the power of multi-threading more in the future, so I'm using AMD regardless.

>muh patents
>muh illegal copy
Fuck off

Attached: ancap ball.png (549x413, 170K)

Isn't the secret that AMD research is based in Germany and they're BTFOing Amerifats like in every other engineering field?

Attached: bmw.jpg (1024x680, 276K)

>Are you doing work on your computer like video editing,
But doesn't most if not all video editing software work better with Intel CPUs?
>multi-threaded optimization
What software has good multi-threaded optimization?

>Based in Germany
So they're good at marketing, but the products are actually so-so.

>What's mixed usage
really, nigga? that's not clear enough?

this

Yes very illegal copy very bad i agree my friend. Do not buy amd intel is best

Regards rajeesh

>It's another shilltel disinfo episode brought to you by Intel™
Shill pay must have increased.

Attached: 984646561661.png (596x576, 226K)

But amd is the most sensible choice.
hello from mumbai (massage me on Reddit for more information, and how to earn monies online am mod at /r amd btw butiful)
-ranjeep

Andy, while I respect your perspective, what actually happened isn't what you kept telling me it was.

How's the hermit life, by the way?

enjoy your cheap asian knockoffs, fatty poorfag

Mixed usage meaning things like rendering, compiling, emulating, with gaming. Basically a work PC that doubles as a gaming PC. Ryzen performs better than Intel in non gaming tasks and has competitive gaming performance. The processor you choose will change off of weather you're gaming or working because Intel and AMD are the best in their respective catagory

>enjoy your cheap asian knockoffs
Those are legitimate epyc CPUs user, and German quality is a lie that was memed to help them bounce back after WWII.
TFW S. Korea makes better shit, but they can't meme like the Germans.

>but it was still a knockoff

Cry me a river

Companies are not people. I don't care what kind of past the company has when it's staffed by different people nowadays and doesn't apply to their current products.

Attached: 1490716221917.png (560x407, 13K)

>S. Korea makes better shit
You're being totally ridiculous. Where's the Korean Bugatti? Porsche? BMW? Mercedes? Audi?
Koreans make shitty budget cars that exist in Germany too and they're much better.

They aren't interested in manufacturing high dollar vehicles.
>More money per unit = more attention in manufacturing
Now it would be impressive as fuck if those German companies sold those supercars at the same price as a Hyundai, and if those vehicles were actually dependable, and weren't as finicky as they currently are.

AMD is just copying like the chink/poos they are. I buy european, I buy intel. Can't wait for Intel GPUs.

Korean, and Japanese engineering btfos the Germans.
China could potentially build German quality, but someone would have to order it, and figure out how to make a worthwhile profit.

Attached: 1521197746633.jpg (626x657, 81K)

/thread
The FX8350 was nice but it needed to go

It's not about higher dollar vehicles you moron, it's about innovation and inventing new features.
Mercedes, VW, BMW have been setting trends for decades, gooks are only stealing and copying fucking everything.

>Now it would be impressive as fuck if those German companies sold those supercars at the same price as a Hyundai
They sell cheaper models. Also popular is buying an older super car.

are you ok?

What about this?
amd.com/Documents/AMD-Statement-Human-Trafficking-Forced-Labor.pdf

>ryzen is just as far behind intel as bulldozer was no one brought bulldozer
Let's see:
Bulldozer had ~30-50% worse perf/w.
Bulldozer had ~30-50% worse IPC.
Bulldozer had the same clocks.
Bulldozer had kind of the same amount of cores and the same amount of threads.

ryzen launch, Kaby vs. Ryzen
Ryzen has ~30-50% better perf/watt
Ryzen has the same IPC.
Ryzen has ~20% lover clocks.
Ryzen has double the cores & threads.

>read more books.
Perhaps you should read AMD v. Intel.

One of the benefits of being an oldfag is having lived through this time in history.

When Intel pulled it's bait and switch on AMD for the 386 we started looking at DEC and Sun for alternatives thinking that x86 was never really going to go anywhere. Fun times.

tl;dr - Intel lost...

supreme!!
I love piracy!!!

Yeah, that was a billion years ago.
Also mention fucking Cyrix, if you're any serious about it.
Also, I remember the Pentium 4 days. You know what I mean.

my first computer I built was an athlon xp.

Fun fact, FX is actually holding its own in 2018 as far as price/performance is concerned.
Wouldn't buy it anyways, but it aged well.

>illegal cheap Chinese copies of intel CPUs
In other words AMD was a licensed manufacturer of Intel CPUs.

>It's not about higher dollar vehicles you moron, it's about innovation and inventing new features.
It's common for these high dollar cars to use licensed tech/fratures from Asian, and ither manufacturers though.
>Mercedes, VW, BMW have been setting trends for decades, gooks are only stealing and copying fucking everything.
They trend set like Apple you mean. They add, aand license features from BIOS, and gooks all the time, but it's not a trend until a shitty overpriced German car that needs constant maintenance puts it on one of their models.
>Buy used
Only if it's a collectible.
Now back to cpus.

My Phenom II X6 was also still performing adequately until I replaced it with a Ryzen. It's simply because modern programs make better use of multicore. It's not so much aging well but more that the moar cores approach only gets to shine recently.

>intel AMD_64 chips are the original while AMD AMD_64 chips are the knockoff
Hmm

I have one, and it's not as shit as it used to be, but it's still pretty much a turd.

>amd64
>80's/90's
Hmm.

did you forget about IA_64?
yeah, everyone did.

Who cares?
AMD fucking wins.
No 10nm for you goy.
1000$ 10 cores 14nm 'mainstream' next year to fight against 400$ 12 core Zen2.

Feels good man.

Why would I buy a car made from america when I can buy a german engineered one? Who cares if germans just copied cars? They're doing it better, that's all that matters.