>no need to waste your time on choosing best distro or settings
>ex google engineer is using it

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theoutline.com/post/5052/apple-admits-its-computers-are-broken
psychtoolbox.org/requirements
discussions.apple.com/thread/7478801
macrumors.com/2016/02/06/late-2013-mac-pro-video-issues-repair-program/
digitaltrends.com/apple/running-into-video-problems-with-your-mac-pro-apple-may-have-your-solution/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because of my bad anecdotal experience. It bricked when I hot unplugged USB portable DVD drive because apparently you have to manually unmount it first and it just happen to be mounted in sleep mode.

Attached: филин.jpg (711x818, 233K)

i want the matebook x pro. do any Jow Forumsentoomen have impressions of it? it seems like a really solid package

>Remind me why you are not using mac?
But I am.

>runs most of the linux software
Not really why I want to use a mac though, I want a UNIX that just works, which is why I prefer macOS as my daily driver rather than buggy and unstable DEs.

The main reason is price.

>just werks
A lot of non-Apple users could say the same about their OS/distro.

>no need to waste your time on choosing best distro or settings
My impression is that most people who use a linux based system don't distro hop. Nor do they spend a lot of time tweaking/ricing. They pick something and use it.

Also, their commercials annoy me for some reason.

Attached: apple-01.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

ugly chink

Fucking smug ching chong gook fuk suk mi wong dong

>The main reason is price.
Is it not common for employers to sponsor new employees with laptops and equipment where you live? I almost always get a new laptop when I change employers.

>My impression is that most people who use a linux based system don't distro hop. Nor do they spend a lot of time tweaking/ricing. They pick something and use it.
I'm and yes they do (I used to be a Linux-only user, still use Linux at work).

>Also, their commercials annoy me for some reason.
Don't watch TV, senpai.

Keyboard suck

>best build quality
Yeah, for at least two times its actual price.

>Is it not common for employers to sponsor new employees with laptops and equipment where you live? I almost always get a new laptop when I change employers.
I was an engineering major in school. And yes, it is common for employers to provide laptops (in addition to the unix workstation). No company I ever worked for after college used apple products. No one I went to school with uses apple products at work (although some of them use apple products at home).

>yes they do
In my experience, they don't.

>Don't watch TV, senpai.
I don't watch a lot of tv. But I do watch sports and news. Can't avoid their commercials, although I do mute them (all commercials, not just apple).

Attached: apple-00.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Remind me why you dont poo in loo?

Attached: 1531103036452.jpg (643x960, 256K)

>And yes, it is common for employers to provide laptops (in addition to the unix workstation). No company I ever worked for after college used apple products.
I got asked what laptop I wanted.

>No one I went to school with uses apple products at work (although some of them use apple products at home).
The mobile phone of choice here (which our employer also provides) is iPhone. Are Apple products really that unpopular where you live?

>In my experience, they don't.
I fucked up, I meant, "yes you are correct, they DON'T jump distros all the time". Sorry, English isn't my first language.

When the 15" MacBook Pro had a frame with hinges attached to it instead of them sensibly being attached to a backplate, so they constantly broke like paperclips.

When the graphics chips were dying on all the Apple computers. Apple was forced to help by a class action lawsuit. How that worked? They put an Apple diagnostic disc into your computer to decide whether they may or may not help you, based on whether the test passes. Of course, it can't work if you don't have a functional graphics chip.

"Unibody" 15" MacBook Pro. Except it was made out of 2 pieces stuck together with adhesive. Not only that, it was so well designed with such build quality, the fan exhausting the heat these MacTurd Pros built up, was positioned to exhaust into the adhesive directly. End result: Computers falling apart everywhere.

A1286 model with the 2850 board, which was failing because the sensors would keep the fans at 1000 RPM when FinalCut Pro was rendering and running a video for 20 minutes straight.

-~2010
iPhone 4 comes out. $600 phone that you could not hold in your hand without dropping a call. Apple is not at fault, it's your fault for not holding the phone correctly on your fucking face!!!

820-2915 board comes out. Throttling the CPU out of the box with no dust, at 70 fahrenheit room temp. A $2000 machine, throttling and functioning worse than a shitty $300 Acer at that time.

Apple TrashCan Pro gets released. 2015 models start having major graphical issues that may cause distorted video, no video, system instability, freezing, restarts, shut downs, or may prevent system start up. AMD's FirePro D500 (high-end model) and D700 (built-to-order) GPUs are affected. Apple launches repair program in Feb 2016...

Attached: 2016-10-17_115912 Apple.png (652x824, 125K)

-2011-2013 line of MacBook Pros including Rentina line between 2012-2013 having premature death caused by design flaw with the GPU, which lead to a Class Action Suit, which lead to a repair program only 4 years after the facts.

Apple shitPhone 6 and 6 Plus with the "Touch Disease" due to shitty soldering system of the Touch IC chips.

MacBook and MacBook Pro keyboard design flaws which only get a repair program officiated 8 months after mass complaints.
theoutline.com/post/5052/apple-admits-its-computers-are-broken

T2 Chips causing failure in MacBook Pro and iMac Pro series, even leading to complete loss of information on SSD's in iMac Pro, and Siri coincidentally also runs on T2's.

I can keep going and going and going.

Apple experience and quality.

Attached: 4 FUCKING YEARS LATER Apple.png (628x675, 141K)

>just werks
this is even true for fucking hackintoshes. installing a hackintosh is less brainfuck work than win10 or linux lol. nextstep masterrace

>I got asked what laptop I wanted.
Lucky. Although I wonder if the sales engineering get to pick their hardware. I have never seen any of them with Apple laptops. But the sales guys are the chosen ones every place I have ever worked.

>Are Apple products really that unpopular where you live?
In the USA, Apple products are extremely popular. But it isn't the hardware of choice at the companies I have worked for. And they aren't used at the companies of others people I know. As always, anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

>he "hot" unplugs a high current device
you got what you had coming to you, npc consumer scum

Correction
>Although I wonder if the sales engineering get to pick their hardware [where I work].

I value my time, which is why I set up Linux properly on Day 1 and haven't had any time-wasting problems up to this day, and my Chem job advises against MacOS because they have major computation problems and bugs because MacOS is basically a downgrade of BSD where Apple made everything buggier with their contribution on points that matter.

To quote another colleague in the sciences:
>I've encountered them in my work with computer vision as applied to robotic CNC-cell control. My wife has encountered them in her work in research psychology. This is, for example, a direct quote from psychtoolbox.org/requirements [psychtoolbox.org] for Psychtoolbox-3, one of the foremost tools for vision and neuroscience research:

>Use on Apple Mac OS X is still supported but strongly discouraged if you need any kind of reliable timing for visual stimulus presentation or trustworthy visual stimulation at all, due to the large number of bugs in the Apple operating system.

>There was a time where I would happily convert my wife's Apple laptops into Linux boxes. I really liked the hardware. Now, even the hardware is becoming substandard.

So ironically that Chink's arguments go the other way when it comes to people involved in sciences. Linux ends up being the lesser time waste and more accurate.

>But it isn't the hardware of choice at the companies I have worked for
I guess if the company itself picks out the hardware rather than asking each individual employee, they're going for some business deal with Dell or Lenovo or something which includes support.

>My impression is that most people who use a linux based system don't distro hop. Nor do they spend a lot of time tweaking/ricing. They pick something and use it.
those people don't exist. there is no normie linux desktop userbase. you have people who choose a distro for their servers and stick with it. then you have a huge chasm. and then you have the distro hopping ricers (many of whom just boot into windows after ricing their i3-gaps).
people who use linux desktop to get shit done are a small minority. they're most likely developers who write the shitty desktop software you have to deal with on linux lol.

>But I do watch sports and news
wow, NPC, just kill yourself

I can't afford it

>he can't afford 2 months of part-time jobs burger-flipping like all teenage Apple users do to afford an Appledong
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahaahahhahahah

>End result: Computers falling apart everywhere.
My 2009 MBP still works lol. Your shilling is obvious, poettjeet

In some IT companies you can choose the laptop you want when you start working there. I got a thinkpad but if I wanted I could have chosen an macbook.

>2 months of part-time jobs burger-flipping
Oh absolutely. I'm not working, just studying. A months wage from even a part-time job is way too much for me to invest into a laptop.

yet people still buy it because those bugs you described are an absolute vocal minority problem. apple is high quality and people who want a computer to get stuff done just use a mac. for all the unemployed dumpster diving r-selected subhuman filth theirs shitdows and shitlux

Two months, I meant. Though it's true for one month also.

>there is no normie linux desktop userbase.
Of course there is. And if anything it will get even larger with Steam supporting vidya on linux. The casual userbase won't compete with windows. But they still are a significant number of people who use ubuntu/mint but don't know shit about CLI.

stop lying. you don't have a job. if you had a job you could afford a mac and wouldn't have to use dumpster dived linux

>yet people still buy it because those bugs you described are an absolute vocal minority problem.
Such a vocal minority problem that Apple has to run huge repair programs, and increasingly so in the past few years.
Get the fuck out sonny.

Attached: 2018-06-24_215117.png (726x611, 419K)

>psychology
lol, she should just make up bullshit and put it in a paper. psych is a meme science made up by the kikes so low iq minorities can have a degree, too.

>there is no normie linux desktop userbase
Ubuntu, Mint

I don't want to be associated with Applefags.

Attached: 2018-06-18_124156.png (640x684, 336K)

>Of course there is
where?
>muh games
see picrelated, retard. also we're talking about actual software people use to get work done. not digital children's toys

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 11.18.11.png (756x218, 47K)

only honest answer in this thread. I was like you. a sperging teenage retard making "lelelelel mac is gay" jokes. once I got my first money I bought a Mac and never looked back. it just werks. and it werks well. using anything else is ok as long as you don't delude yourself that you're not just a poorperson who can't afford a real computer

>research psychology aka neuroscience isn't a science
LEL what are you afraid of? Are you afraid of having your closeted homosexuality uncovered? No worry, the Apple device makes it clear.

Attached: Apple Virgins.png (662x1025, 518K)

>apple social class

Attached: Apple User Social Class.jpg (1280x1280, 330K)

Even Tim Cook himself says that Apple is for poorfags.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-10-23 Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Financing iPhone X Can Work Out to Cost of Just a Few (1019x1362, 597K)

been an apple user since 2005. never even once have I been affected by your shitty propaganda problems. those huge repair programs affect only a minority of blogging basedfaggots who can't shut up because they running their MBP in clamshell mode at 100% CPU for weeks ruined their mobile computer. too cheap to buy a proper workstation. it's like using some shitty dewalt drill in a professional construction job and then suing because your chinkmade $50 drill broke after days of abuse. people are retards.

if only it had a userbase lol. just because installing linux is a meme doesn't mean that the people keep using it. they install linux, see the shitty font rendering and go back to windows where they still have shitty font rendering but at least the software supports copy&paste and printing.

>heavily documented and reported problems admitted even by Apple officially
>propaganda
I guess Apple themselves are propaganda by your ironic implications.

Attached: Caught_On_Tape_iPhone_7_Spontaneously_Explodes_,_Apple_To_Investigate_Zero_Hedge_-_2017-02-24_20.16. (835x3029, 1000K)

>Superior Mac construction

Attached: images(2).jpg (259x194, 9K)

so he was hoarding linux distros? gross

>too cheap to buy a proper workstation
Trashcan pro?
Overheating piece of shit which people had to abandon for 1 and a half years because of malfunctioning AMD chipset and had to wait a few years for a repair program, which logically had quite a few businesses abandon Appleshit since they can't afford to wait or waste on their financial records.

BECAUSE I'M NOT A FUCKING GAY

it's all marketing/PR. they just say "yes, retards, you're right. now shut up." to prevent further shit throwing sperg outs.

Applefags are poorfags trying to larp as a higher class. It's sad.

Attached: 1505415007898 Apple.jpg (800x2500, 866K)

What are you referring to?

this never happened. stop lying you dumb kike

>if only it had a userbase lol
Well they do, it's not huge but it's there.

>supporting non-free locked-down bullshit OSes
If you're not using GNU/Linux or any pure *BSD, get the fuck out of Jow Forums.

Except it did, and it's in the article here even:
>this level of seething

>article
>fake .bmp
fuck off pajeet

Because MacOS is a buggier shittier version of BSD.

>lefakeXD
Straight from your Apple sources actually.
discussions.apple.com/thread/7478801
macrumors.com/2016/02/06/late-2013-mac-pro-video-issues-repair-program/
digitaltrends.com/apple/running-into-video-problems-with-your-mac-pro-apple-may-have-your-solution/
And about 100 other sources on the first few pages of search.

>mac

Attached: 1538727447228.png (416x435, 114K)

>fake
yes, look at that font rendering. that can't be real. not even linux is that bad.

>gets listed actual source of the pic in those links
>that can't be real
cope.png

Jow Forums NPC

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 14.26.43.jpg (2628x1480, 590K)

Imagine using Linux more than any other OS. Only compromise is maybe few windows applications or video games which I can run through wine or worst case scenario VM.
Never needed latter.
Now imagine me switching to macOS.
Be concerned that your Linux software might work or might not in addition to windows software.

Attached: 149545345345.jpg (500x329, 32K)

as if I were clicking your malware infested links, pajeet. nice try.

>gay apple man bad

I agree that macrumors is malware infected, the level of AIDS present there due to Applefaggotry must be quite insane.

Video games are for children.

Oh, I thought OP is talking only about OS.
So to my list add: throttling, bad thermals, no single component upgrade capability, AIO.
It's unreliable and not practical.

Japanese cartoons are for children.

so this is how american teens look nowadays?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 11.42.05.png (1434x1720, 2.31M)

Why do gamer children think this is a good retort?

this is true

Because cartoons are specifically made to appeal children. Colorful, beautiful.

But it has nothing to do with video games being for children, it is just a deflection.

So you agree that Japanese cartoons are for children?

>APPLE IS GAY
>APPLE IS GAY
>APPLE IS GAY
>APPLE IS GAY
>APPLE IS GAY
>Hah, Apple fags are such NPC
Hmm

Yeah I love sucking dick too. Where's your favorite dick sucking point? Mine is in the back of public busses.

It's equivalent for video games being for children.
If you disagree with Japanese cartoons being for children, then your opinion about video games is invalid.

>NPC calls someone NPC
t. NPC

>ex

Well yeah, exactly what I was mocking there. People parroting the same line over and over and then throwing the same regurgitated line about how they're totally a free thinker out there, without a shred of irony.

>the shitty desktop software you have to deal with on linux lol
True if your idea of "work" is doodling in photoshop for 6 hours. Everything else works just as well or even better on linux, in addition to most things being open source.
To get my workflow going on a clean install of debian i literally just pull my .vimrc from my website and install git if its not preinstalled. Thats all the "ricing" i need.

t. NPC teacher giving NPC lessons to NPCs by being the typical NPC regurgitator of NPC regurgitation

t. NPC complaining about NPCs on a board for NPCs

Oh shit I broke it

I'm not a pansy ass faggot or a subhuman nigger.

>best build quality then it comes to laptops
Jesus christ no
being made from aluminium doesn't automatically make it good, and there are other aluminium notebooks
the cooling is absolute trash

not him, but i got one at one point, just out of opportunity
got a 2010 macbook in 2010 for $300 (probably stolen, but i didn't ask)
build was fine, i've seen worse. didn't like the non-removable battery, lack of easy access to ram and hdd, lack of discrete touchpad buttons, and lack of display latch
i'd used macos before, but only in school, and that was several years before (up to Tiger), it's a nice OS, but it has it's oddities and annoyances, like pressing enter on a file doesn't open it, or needing a third party tool to keep the laptop from sleeping when closing the lid
i ended up putting kubuntu on it, then selling it a year later for $600 (best part about it was selling it for twice what i got it for)
all-around was a pretty average machine. i could install macos on the laptop i'm using right now if i wanted to, but why? i primarily use linux, which of course runs all linux software, and macos doesn't support the one thing i have a windows installation around for, either

>bought a t420
>battery life was pretty good
>eye cancer 1366x768
>upgrade to 1080p via $60 Chinese upgrade chip that steals lanes from edp
>got some Russian modded bios
>panel is still shit
>the TouchPad would sometimes stop working under w8/10

>upgrade to w520
>auo high gamut 1080p tn, arguably the best screen out of all pre t450 thinkpads
>viewing angle is still awful, low pwm flickering
>you need to use some Russian tool called "Intel pwm control" to fix it
>same trackpad issues as before
>it works, but the screen is still awful

I then went on to try the dell precision line, which was definitely better than thinkpads, then moved onto the xps with its awful blacklight bleed and finally settled on the mbp. It was flawless right out of the box.

I like to buy two of the same items just in case I get a dud, and with my mbp I couldn't find any flaws with either of them. I even busted out my colorimeter to find the brightest and most color accurate one, but they were both within a negligible margin that I just mixed them up and randomly picked one.

MacBooks are great.

Attached: IMG_20181018_132129.jpg (4032x3024, 2.77M)

the fucking keyboard. its SO SHIT and it can break at any time. Why cant they just use a normal keyboard

I have and I deeply regretted it.
>$2,000+ 2015 quad-core i7 macbook "pro"
>got it on credit like everybody else
>locked down OS
>chronic overheating and thermal throttling issues (all 4 cores dipped to 1 GHz under load)
>have to jump through hoops to do basic tasks (ie toggling hidden files)
>no right mouse button
>merging folders deletes your shit
>full of security vulnerabilities/exploits that rarely get patched and some updates actually bring old ones back
>ect ect
simply absolutely awful experience overall

Attached: 1515112380626.webm (964x720, 1.42M)

So how do you deal with the severe overheating and thermal throttling?

then it wouldn't be unique for the sake of it

Yeah this too, almost feels like a touch screen keyboard.

>I can keep going and going and going
Go on then

I had to send mine in for repairs TWICE for dust damage. Apple needs to get their shit together.

FUCK that shit, I sold mine and got an xps 15. Has coil whine and screen is a little bit worse but dust won't fucking kill the keyboard.

Attached: 1436734391281.jpg (202x249, 30K)

ok

Attached: 1536141969256.png (717x974, 383K)

>$6,700
I can literally make a desktop PC with faster performance and better specs for less than $2,000. This is getting absurd.

the 4tb ssd is most of the price its more like 3k if you get stupid upgrades

You can make a better PC in all cases and budgets since any hand-made PC has actual airflow and cooling unlike Appleshit. If there's anything Apple hardware leads in against all other brands in existence, it's overheating.

You can get 2 m.2s, put them in raid 0, and you'll get better performance for ~$1,200. Apple is a joke.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-23-11-05-52(1).jpg (720x872, 160K)