Be CS cuck

>Be CS cuck
>Go through 4 years of college
>Employers won't even call you back if your SAT scores were shit

You DID do well on your SAT scores, right Jow Forums?

Attached: Capture.png (757x592, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/enfiskutensykkel/ssd-gpu-dma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this a joke? If you already have a degree who the fucks cares what you got on the SATs when you were in fucking high school

Every fucking moron can get a degree, cheating in college is the easiest thing ever.

>superior communication skills
and with that, they eliminated the entirety of their potential applicants

I never took the SAT and never needed it to get into college
Why would that be a requirement for any job??

You have absolutely no experience.

How people know they should never hire you:
>when they say they know c/c-+
>when they say they know Java without mentioning any frameworks
>when they just mention a shit load of programming languages

>You DID do well on your SAT scores, right Jow Forums?
What is the point of phrasing things this way? Is it to get replies or just to be annoying?
I get a little angry every time I'm scrolling through the catalog and I see something in the form of "You DO blah blah blah, right?"

And what does that have to do with requiring SAT scores for an entry level developer job?

>sat scores
Holy shiet my sides

This has to be a joke. Are you applying to craiglist ads or something? Apply to a real company senpai

You DID try not being autistic, right?

*never say you know "c/c++" .. You know someone doesn't know either of them if they it like that

They sound unprofessional desu, just apply somewhere else. Not worth working for if they look at SAT scores rather than experience and personal projects.

There are no employers in the USA who care about SAT/ACT scores. They care about recent/relevant work experience, relevant electives you took, relevant class projects you worked on, contacts, and GPA. Some will ask for your college transcripts.

No one gives a fuck about what you did in high school. The job posting in OP doesn't make any sense. Is it from a head hunter?

This is probably true for oldfags, but of you're a new grad you should have the long list. c/c++ included. Real tech companies want new grads to be generalists

This.

I'm an Norwegian who got contacted by an American startup that wanted me to go work for them. They didn't give a flying fuck about my grades from university, not even the degree seemed to interest them. All they cared about was experience and some repos I had on GitHub.

Notice how they want "Full Stack" yet the skills they list are things any 1st year student would know after one semester

What sorta projects would I need on my github to be employed? I'm learning C++ atm, so hopefully something along those lines.

And what would I need to put on my resume to show I actually know how to use C++? Or is this one of those, "I'll know when I've reached that stage" moments?

Thanks!

Attached: 1539932660672.gif (364x339, 768K)

Head hunters deserve to have their heads hunted.

hoping they'll catch less morons
won't work though

>What sorta projects would I need on my github to be employed?
I'm and it highly depends. The company contacted me because of one repo in particular which they found interesting.

>And what would I need to put on my resume to show I actually know how to use C++?
Working experience with C++ (such as a position, a project, teaching assistant in sepples class etc).

Excepting outliers, a lot of programmers have average or below average communication skills.

>position, a project
What position?
I did a mobile game in OpenGL ES. Does that count?

>What position?
As in employment or internship.

>I did a mobile game in OpenGL ES. Does that count?
Sure.

Heck, any other projects you'd recommend? I feel I should do a few.

>fullstack
>c/c++
>interest in nodejs
>understand variables
Good grace

>Heck, any other projects you'd recommend?
Again, this highly depends on your interests and skill level. There's no set answer here.

If you want something concrete to compare yourself to, the repo I made that attracted a couple of companies was this: github.com/enfiskutensykkel/ssd-gpu-dma
But that would be completely uninteresting to someone looking for a web developer, for example. So it ultimately boils down to your own interests and what you want to work with.

>C/C++

Attached: 1467227586436.jpg (720x480, 32K)

how can you have a degree and CS and they require "basic control structures"?

I am a veteran and was not required to take the SAT before entering school. I would sue them for veteran discrimination. Veterans are, unironically, the most protected class in America.

it's for h1-b scam purposes

>it's for h1-b scam purposes
But foreigners don't take SATs?

I get it. You have no idea about computer architecture.
Maybe you should be on the Unity forums right now.

i love it when low iq people think that they've got good communication skills and high iq studious people don't when the complete opposite is true

knowing C doesn't mean you know C++ and knowing C++ doesn't mean you know C. It's you who's clueless here.

fuck you template classes are cool and so are pointers

>he doesn't understand why I'm laughing about "C/C++"
the absolute state of zoomer "programmers" on this board. See

In many ways C++ can be viewed as a superset of C.
Not really sure what the argument you're trying to make is.

this

SAT is a proxy for IQ. IQ is the greatest predictor of job performance (better than a degree). Therefore, employers are looking to hire applicants with the highest SAT (IQ) scores.

oh my god. Programming in C++ is a whole different world than programming in C unless you're stuck in the 80s. If you actually know your shit and making use of modern C++ features you will quickly know that the two have less in common than most brainletsclaim. Even if you disregard all the modern features of C++, you can't say you understand OOP and templates just because you know C. It's almost like saying Scala is a superset of Java because both run on the JVM lmfao.

You know how I know you're autistic?

>doesn't provide specific arguments
>ad hominem
I've been on this board for years. Same shit, different day.. don't even bother.

The advert just says that it requires experience in one of the listed languages; presumably so that they can interview applicants more easily.
It doesn't state that C is an object oriented language as you have somehow managed to infer.

modern C++ is different from C++. the 98 ISO is typically what I think off when I see just C++. Modern C++ (C++11 and up) is different focusing more on generics typically makes much more use of the STL.

>In many ways C++ can be viewed as a superset of C.
I'm none of the guys you're responding to, but it's really not. C++11 and newer is really a modern language, whereas C is today pretty dated in most of its concepts. While in the past, sepples was conceived as "C with classes", most modern developers would consider such paradigms as unidiomatic at best and even dangerous and unsafe at worst.

There is a reason why any sepples book or programming guide or developer will tell you to "avoid raw pointers and use references instead", "avoid C-style casting", "don't call new/delete manually", "adhere to const-correctness", "prefer STL containers and template implementations over legacy C standard library functions", "throw an exception rather than return an error code" and so on, because it really is an entirely different language.

The fact that they mentioned both together is retarded in the first place and you know as well as I do that even applicants often say they "know" "C/C++"..

>posts lots of auditable code on github
>applied algorithms, machine learning, various protocols
>hallo sur can i shows u dis stuph

Attached: avail for qs.jpg (1080x1080, 242K)

yeah I think you should specify what version of C++. because C++17 adds a shitload of stuff to the STL.

they get more h1-b when they make unrealistic job postings and then complain about not being able to find domestic talent to fill them

Jesus Christ C++ programmers are annoying.

>still no arguments
>hurr durr

>spout uninformed shit
>gets angry when corrected
Literal autism

Attached: autism-you-like-it?.jpg (707x536, 154K)

why do people hate C++. C++11 and up are great. the STL has so much stuff.

So you losers are triggered that in the job advertisement C and C++ are inside brackets?
I'm not sure what there is to argue about.

My only argument was that C++ can be considered a superset of C.

ISO 98 yes it could.
modern C++ no

>So you losers are triggered that in the job advertisement C and C++ are inside brackets?
No, I was triggered by this post: >In many ways C++ can be viewed as a superset of C.

I know it's fairly common for job ads to list C/C++ so I don't really care.

>My only argument was that C++ can be considered a superset of C.
That's wrong, as have been clearly pointed out to you by multiple people. You should either justify continuing holding this view or adapt your view to the information presented to you. Otherwise you are demonstrating that you are literally incapable of critical thinking.

try using a modern C++ library like boost or a frame work like qt. It doesn't feel like C.

>fullstack dev
>high grade in math
lol, the fuck is wrong with you burgers

What does 700 SAT translate to for non-burgers? What percentile is this?

You can practically write C and compile it with any standards-conforming C++ compiler if you wish. The language can therefore be considered a superset of C.
I'm not trying to argue software design principles or philosophies; or stating that C++ doesn't implement features of its own.

>You can practically write C and compile it with any standards-conforming C++ compiler if you wish.
You can practically write assembly and compile it with clang or GCC too (as inline assembly), it doesn't mean that C is a superset of C.

Also, the same is true for D. You can practically write C and it will be compiled.

The point is that you're discouraged from doing so, and when you do so, your code is considered bad or even dangerous and unsafe.

*it doesn't mean that C is a superset of assembly

Fucked up there.

>The point is that you're discouraged from doing so, and when you do so, your code is considered bad or even dangerous and unsafe.
I literally said >I'm not trying to argue software design principles or philosophies
I've never written D; but by the same logic, it sounds to me like it is also a superset of the C programming language.

you can write cepples automatically by changing gcc to g++

based and redpilled

>I'm not trying to argue software design principles or philosophies
Most constructs in C++ are invalid C. A handful of constructs in C are invalid C++ (such as using a reserved C++ keyword for variable names). How is it a superset? 90-95% of C++ is invalid C, it just happens to try to maintain binary compatibility with C so you can link with C libraries (just like D does).

>I've never written D; but by the same logic, it sounds to me like it is also a superset of the C programming language.
By that logic, I can write C in Python as a string and invoke a compiler using system calls or make a library that compiles and translates C to Python and runs eval on it. Would that make Python a superset of the C programming language too?

These are some impressive mental gymnastics.

>I can compile JavaScript to ByteCode with the JVM
>JavaScript is a superset of Java
nice logic

It's the logical continuation of "C++ is a superset of C", you sperg.

i use cstd and cmath in cepples, fite me.

>fite me
It's on now, son. Let's do this, fucker.
>e4

No; the fact that you can invoke a separate program within a programming language in order to compile or execute code written in a distinct language is a complete logical regression.
Either way; we've both put our arguments forward, so I'll agree to disagree.

>No; the fact that you can invoke a separate program within a programming language in order to compile or execute code written in a distinct language is a complete logical regression.
That's half the argument

What about inline assembly? Is C and C++ a superset of assembly?

What about transpiling another language to the same language, and then running eval on it like you do in JavaScript or Python?

Inline assembly is not a part of the C standard, and is a compiler feature.
I'm not even going to respond to your argument about transpiling, since I've already addressed an argument of that nature.

>Inline assembly is not a part of the C standard, and is a compiler feature.
Aha, so invoking the standard now, are we? Well, in that case, C++ is not a superset of C is it, because there are many things in C that are not valid C++.

>I'm not even going to respond to your argument about transpiling, since I've already addressed an argument of that nature.
No, you talked about invoking an additional program. I'm talking about transpiling it directly in your own code.

Never took the SATs, never graduated from highschool, no GED, got a college degree anyway, fuck the police. Never had an issue getting hired.

Whatever mate; you're boring me now.
Like I said; I'll agree to disagree.

Attached: 1539849065818.jpg (2272x1704, 471K)

>actually believing in the Memorization Expert Degree bullshit
University is a waste of time and money. Stop propping up these outdated pile of shit institutions when we have all the knowlege we ever needed at our fingertips.

university degree is a demonstration of obedience, not a measurement of skill. Companies want obedient employees and can give them sufficient skill to do their job.

>Whatever mate; you're boring me now.
I'll take this as an admission of defeat.

Take it as you like but your scattered logic and mental gymnastics aren't convincing anyone.

You've been told by 4 different people why C++ isn't a superset of C and why continuing to say it is just wrong, mate. You're the one refusing to adjust your world view to facts, using cop out arguments like "you're boring me", "you're autistic", "hurr durr mental gymnastics" etc... You're only demonstrating that you're incapable of critical thinking.

I'm a eurofag and I don't know what SAT is but I scored the single best possible grades in numerics, calculus and linear algebra classes during uni. I think I should be fine.

>Inline assembly is not a part of the C standard,
And C is not part of the C++ standard.

This is valid C. Good luck compiling this as valid C++.

#include
extern int printf(const char* fmt, ...);

main(argc, argv)
int argc;
char **argv;
{
auto int new;
const int* delete;

new = 2;
delete = &new;

printf("%d\n", foo(a));
return 0;
}

foo(int* p)
{
return *p + 2;
}

Should be foo(delete), not foo(a)

i'm sure you can preprocessor around it

>C++ is a superset of C
>you just need to rewrite your code, bro
:^)

Your code was riddled with warnings in the first place.

Not if you compile it with -ansi

Try this one, fuckboi.
#include
#include
#include
#include

static _Atomic float *myfn(size_t n, complex float arr[static restrict n])
{
register _Atomic float (*res)[n] = malloc(sizeof *res);
if (!res)
return NULL;

for (size_t i = 0; i < n; ++i)
atomic_store(&(*res)[i], cabs(arr[i]));

return *res;
}

I know nothing about _Atomic, but how is this not leaking memory?

It's returning the allocated result from the function.
Also, the point is to showcase many C-only things, instead of actually being a "real and useful" piece of code.

>It's returning the allocated result from the function.
Right, I didn't see the function allocation and only saw float, not the float*.

>C++ is a superset of C

Attached: brainlet2.jpg (645x729, 26K)

>i got a shit ton of well paying jobs straight out of uni even with barely passed grades because im not an amerifat

feels good

>well paying
>not in America

Now I know you're lying

when the job description tell you everything is amazing here since the very start, it's a redflag

This looks like a trap to pay a kid a shit wage just to offload all of their fucking work onto for some shit app that they'll barely pay you for.

I scored in the 99th percentile on every section of the SAT and ACT and nobody has ever asked me for those scores beyond applying for college and applying for scholarships. No employer is going to give a shit about what you did in high school.