/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 8b8f1f2c-547a-425e-96a9-a1cd6660fe82.jpg._CB522695148_.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qtPEm9ZADZ8&list=RDqtPEm9ZADZ8&start_radio=1
youtube.com/watch?v=mDFBTdToRmw
innerfidelity.com/content/rmaf-2018-dcs-bartok-dac-head-amp-speaks-youth-today
amazon.com/dp/B019Y5TR6O/
amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00LP3AMC2/
amazon.com/SMSL-Sap-7-black-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B017VXNNNO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Japanese headphones are a meme. Audio technica is overpriced shit.

Don't buy any other headphones than in these list. You don't need discreet dac or an amp for most headphones, your computer already has one.

Attached: 1535272520598.png (1524x3154, 725K)

>Don't buy any other headphones than in these list.
I don't see any negatives in buying SR-009/009S for someone who owns L700.

What are you listening today, /hpg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=qtPEm9ZADZ8&list=RDqtPEm9ZADZ8&start_radio=1

Attached: 1521225347266.jpg (700x953, 668K)

What's so bad about planars?

Literal memes and bloated price that offers poorer performance in their pricepoint. Fucking scam.

youtube.com/watch?v=mDFBTdToRmw

first you must answer what is good about planars

What about the ATH-R70X?

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1523958905389.png (1280x720, 760K)

I can't stand over-ear headphones brushing against my ears and that happens even with the largest pads so I want to try the opposite - on-ear design. Are there any recommended models within $100 and will they provide clamp stable enough to also wear modmic and move around without them needing constant readjustment?

Good to know!

I wouldn't know. I was thinking about getting the Fostex T60RP though.

> avoid ATH M50x
Could someone tell me why?

On-ears are much more uncomfortable over time so it'd be better for you to get over your autism
if you can get the Sennheiser HD25 for $100 that's your best choice, there are probably some budget on-ears that aren't bad but I have no idea what the market looks like in that range

Extremely poor mid range. Of all the enthusiast grade stuff in their price range, they have among the worst. The issue is really that the upper and lower mids are recessed. It basically gives the impression that the WHOLE mid range is set back.

Attached: Audio-Technica_ATH-M50x_All_-_-_HDM-X_-_90_20-20k_-_fr_impedance.png (620x369, 106K)

doesn't the ATH M40x have a better mid?

Haven't heard them, but they certainly couldn't be worse.

The whole Audio Technica line is not even on my radar because the M50x is so bad.

The veil of the Sennheiser side has fallen.

Sad.

Pretty shit desu

Attached: Schiit.jpg (992x744, 69K)

Good headphones in any event.

Why is people still falling for the Shiit meme? Its like nobody actually tries stuff and just buys shiiit because somehow they got popular, like the bass-less HD600

Who made this thread? I demand that you step forward.

For me it’s the HD800S with a Dac1.

Attached: A8AD2AD6-ED57-467E-8676-59013227AA71.jpg (1155x867, 273K)

That's some adorable nesoberis.
Yohane and Zura are good girls.
Nice HD800s too.

Attached: 1527835167151.png (1114x1600, 703K)

Thanks man. I really appreciate it.

Are takstar 82 good for music production? I'm learning to make house and garage type of tunes. Need some headphones.

Who is responsible for this thread?

We all are

Why there isn’t a Z Review of Yggy?

Attached: 947FD395-E0AC-49A6-86A4-490F66FE968F.jpg (748x805, 60K)

can anyone recommend the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 ? Need some bluetooth headphones for travelling, can't decide between those and the Bose equivalent

Attached: momentum.jpg (1368x1500, 162K)

But I had just convinced myself the non removable cable on the Beyerdynamics were ok :(

>he wants to see Audio-Goblin stroking a big dac with his fat fingers while yelling orgasmic shouts of ”THESE! THESE! THEEESEEE!”
why

You need to stop.

Why?

Attached: 1522225919231.jpg (2012x2016, 514K)

>bose
not even once

>RMAF happens
>everyone else sucks Ether 2 dick etc. newest hype
>based Ishca comes in
>tells that everything else was overpriced artificial sounding trash except for ZMF Verite
How can one man be so based?

OP, reveal your identity at this instant.

God damn I love Rafe:
innerfidelity.com/content/rmaf-2018-dcs-bartok-dac-head-amp-speaks-youth-today

Yeah, a 20k$ setup really talks to the youth. Especially the ones whose parents are multimillionaire.

> shitty tastes
sennheisers sound like flat dogshit, no bass at all.
stax have no padding and are uncomfortable, cheap build qualit
open backed are useless in a work environment.

Just got these, fucking awesome sound. Comfy when using a Lohb strap.

Attached: lcd2-closed.jpg (960x640, 98K)

Who?

>when something makes even Yggy look sane
I can imagine that Yggdrasil must seem like a bargain if you’re one of those fools who think that you can’t get a real DAC for under 10 kilodollars.

So, when Rafe is going to start making measurements?

i highly doubt that this is not a troll, but even if it is, ill bite.

how can you stand the literal worst construction of a headphone ever made? Like, im not even gonna talk about sound, but build quality. It was fucking made in Cambodia using recycled parts they found floating in a river or something

>falling for the planar meme

>sennheisers sound like flat dogshit, no bass at all.
Fuck you

Are the Brainwavz HM5s decent for being ~€100?
the box looks pretty

Why recommend closed version above normal LCD2C? Aren’t closed planars usually kind of shitty?

All planars are shitty.

BOSE

Attached: 1514241653514.jpg (900x1241, 131K)

PREORDER

Attached: _DSC1094.jpg (1500x1020, 187K)

Yikes...

>nobass

Attached: 1512206531387.png (1722x1107, 229K)

Yes fellow user. Please preorder this totally not Chinese knockoffs sold in the US.

Since you and i are totally not Ishca/Hektik/Chocomel/DMS and are totally not friends of Zach, we can objectively say this headphones are totally worth it.

Please preorder. Dont let the tiny hairpin holding the actual cup from the headband confuse you. These are way better than other flagships.

Attached: npc.png (416x435, 114K)

All you need is m40x/takstar 82
The rest is overpriced and doesn't even sound that different.

>he wants to see Audio-Goblin stroking Mike Moffat’s big dac with his fat fingers while yelling orgasmic shouts of ”THESE! THESE! THEEESEEE!”
Fixed

Attached: CC226186-1C48-4497-8DF2-23C4595AC770.png (580x324, 277K)

>the box looks pretty
sounds good enough to me! buy it!

This. Everyone who goes beyond that point is a fucking retard. Join Takstar army today. Do it. You know you want to.

Attached: 17350EEC-2643-4A28-8901-9C1ACD46F749.png (355x355, 26K)

Even chifiman?

What's wrong with Bose?

helloooo am i talking to myself here or something haha xD

Shit

Do any brands use the same around-ear design as sennheiser?

Currently using 558's which are comfy as fuck but open headphones are absolute shit for any situation except locking myself in my room.

Just get closed Sennheisers.

Sales are due to very successful marketing.
The products themselves are among the worst value at any price point.

Attached: 1514874829000.png (660x996, 60K)

Why would I not buy the BossHiFi B8 instead?

Why do open back sound so good

Those are literally the Utopia-killer user

My iJoy logo foldable headphones I got for $12 got smashed by somone and now I'm sad.

Because that user is a shill and does not explain his reasoning for leaving out all those options

Redpill me on denon d7200.
Seems so much cheaper on amazon.co.uk compared to amazon.com.
Thinking for buying it just to spite and flex on some mutts.

>flat
isn't that kind of the purpose of audio?
bose and beats are around if you don't give a shit about that though.

Could you boiz help me choose new headphones? Thanks in advance!

>Budget
50 eurodoodles (could go up to 100 if it's worth it)
>Location
Netherlands
>Source
MP3 player, Computer (never used an amp before)
>Type of headphone
Around ear (over ear?)
>Open or closed
Closed (will be using it outside as well)
>Comfort level
Max comfy (prolonged use. Hate when it presses on my head.)
>Sound signature
Uhhhh... (liked the sound on my old ones, which are described as "Deep bass and high-clarity")
>Past headphones
JVC ha-s600

Attached: 1540159825929.jpg (400x323, 25K)

a lot, it's basically the first beats...
(They tune their shit to what your ears hear best, around 2k hz, and they ignore everything else...)

yeah, the hd58x I just got seem pretty good about bass, and if I want to engage nig mode, I can just eq 50hz +20db...

inb4 the takstar user shows up

Rec an amp/dac for my HD598 plz, i was thinking about this amazon.com/dp/B019Y5TR6O/ or just buying a fulla 2...

not even the takstar user but really that seems like a takstar case to me
comfy closed sub 100 euro
takstar 82

Magni 3, $99.
Don't bother with the fulla2. It's not awesome, in many ways. As long as you have a power outlet nearby, pretty much anything beats fulla2.

Attached: 1540184465607.png (1280x824, 193K)

Thought SMSL was crap? IDK, even this one has way more reviews and a tad cheaper:
amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00LP3AMC2/

Haven't been here in a while. Do you still shill hd600 and schiit?
Is the boomer user calling everyone gen z around

so they are bottom tier garbage killers?

SMSL and Fiio are miles ahead of Shiit.

But hey people still buys that shit

t. poorfag

he400i / he4xx are very good, so are hd600 and 650/6xx they are all different just find your preferences and dont listen to shills. i like both he4xx and hd 600 but i find myself using the hifiman more, the sennheiser veil is not that bad but i enjoy a slighty more bright signature. the construction quality of hifimans is like a russian roulette tho.

Dumb question, but is it possible to damage your headphones by playing incredibly high volume things with them? Like what if I had a really loud audio file at full volume, and my headphones plugged into my little Fiio amp with the volume at max? Could it realistically damage them?

Can't find it in the Netherlands.

i really mean it. Saying that it kills the Utopia is not saying much. Clears are way superior both in tonality and in build quality. The utopia, for its price has fucked midrange and weird low-end and are more squeaky than my dog's toys.

Clears are more balanced with less soundstage but way less price and without the squeakyness.

>what is aliexpress

Not buying anything from a guy named Ali!

depends on what headphone, put in some chink 2$ earbuds and you probably can damage them with a fiio amp, put in an he-6 and you cant even make them play music

Theyre like 80 in amazon.de

based

what sound sig is m40x? cause im listening to them and they sound flatter/better resolution than k612 wtf? the vocals are amazing/just as good as if not better than the k612 but they lack the same amount of detail and some treble. do the hd600 sound like the m40x?

It's worse than the X00, and you're too poor for the D9200

My bad, I was thinking of this super cheap SMSL, heard it was crap, but it is cheap so maybe that's why. (Not sure why it got good reviews? maybe it was peoples first amp or whatever....)

amazon.com/SMSL-Sap-7-black-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B017VXNNNO

If it's like home speakers, then as long as it's CLEAN audio, it's hard to damage them... Clipping or badly amped audio? you are fucked.

Is the general consensus here that open headphones produce better sound than closed?