Sexism

How can we encourage more women to get involved in GNU/Linux and encourage a more inclusive environment, user?
debian.org/intro/diversity
wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment

Attached: debian_women.png (120x205, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=906119
archive.is/DNfh3
quillette.com/2018/09/07/academic-activists-send-a-published-paper-down-the-memory-hole/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When will GNU/Linux be more welcoming and inclusive for men?

Fuck you.
Get out.

>another project to stop using
It's all so tiresome

Computer technology is essentially task/goal oriented.

Task/goal-oriented persons are welcome, regardless of "gender".

Process-oriented persons are welcome to seek other endeavors.

Stop sperging out and forcing GAHNOO/xD onto it
it is the kind of person like stallman that pushes us away

fuck sake i just installed debian

Why don't we just force them? How about FOSS camps for minorities?

Good.
Now upgrade to Sid.

I'd like to help you out.
Which way did you come in?

Btw, the proper term is GNU/Linux.

use feminine debian logos

Attached: gnu_maki.png (2000x2477, 330K)

Why?

Ewww . . . how sexist!

no its not

Attached: debian debiru.png (1486x1486, 234K)

last one

Attached: debirin 1.png (1570x1858, 432K)

What would the world have been like if femaloids had done real science,m engineering and programming at the same rate as guys, rather than going on endless shopping sprees and mindless bakugai.

this "minimal" style is so gay

Attached: 6e910d25.png (700x823, 271K)

satania is dumb thot

Why would you?

is this the daily incel thread?

Why would we want them exactly? They bullied linus into "taking a break"

go fuck yourself op

>my-pms.jpg

>how about concentration camps for minorities?
yes, we should do that

if you want come, huh. same as with men

this is how
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=906119

>not platinum gay

Attached: 5.jpg (330x483, 91K)

>Women are just as good as men, they are no different.
>We must treat women like retarded children to make them take jobs dominated by men

Leftist logic everyone.

women don't care about complex issues like corporations spying on them, they just want to make babies. leave them alone.

Thread closed by this guy.

Thread is open.
Fire at will!

Pay for HRT

If they wanted to be as skilled as men in the field they could. There's nothing stopping them.

I

I don't understand, what's all this sudden fuss about women?
Everywhere I see from TV to movies...from FB to Twitter, it's like the internet is made for women.
It would be interesting to see the men and women ratio on these platforms.

It is not sudden. It is the culmination of half a century of planning.

Attached: iq2.jpg (887x2141, 660K)

feels good, man

Attached: 1528637930023.png (999x530, 89K)

reminder that debian is an anarchist project.

Don't shit on Satanya, she's a good girl.

Attached: Gabriel Dropout - 06 (BD 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_02.57_[2018.06.12_18.35.03].jpg (1280x720, 103K)

>culmination of half a century of planning
I don't think so.
It's just the Internet has given a voice to everyone, where majority of women gets heard.

Never again. We'll be eventually thrown out from any comfy or interesting STEM job, and will be forced to work only in blue collar jobs automatically.

will you be offended if woman writes a project and ships it naming wecock?

I really thought you meant a different kind of camp for a second.

Imagine

See this camp? It's FOSS! The people in it have no freedoms, but it's open source and GPL!

You can start by not telling women what to do and expecting them to do things you fucking shitlord.

Plz I just finished my i3 setup

umm women can have cocks too

The variances seem equal, should it be so?

Now take a U-turn and install OpenBSD!

Honestly, not really, but the circlejerking culture weboob is involved in makes it not a 1-to-1 substitution

As a end-user, you have little to no say on how things are done in those free software projects.
Yes, you can complain, but those movements are insidious in that they hide their intentions behind "inclusivity", "nicety", and other polarizing terms.
That leaves you with the issue of being told to fuck off (nicely or not), and even if your complaints are heard, you're left with the issue of arguing for "discrimination" or "the right to act like an asshole", even if that's not what you're doing. You've got to be eloquent enough to point to the real issues, and provide enough evidence of previous cases of misuse of whatever "progressive" instrument they want to implement (be it a CoC, some outreach program, etc.).
And THAT'S how all of this bullshit has won so much ground. To be in favor of those feel-good initiatives it's enough to justify it with feelings, or some vague interest in social justice. To be against ANY of those ideas (systemic discrimination, the need for diversity, legitimacy of all the trans"gender" bullshit) it seems you pretty much need some PhD in genetics and a shitload of clear, unambiguous papers published in some left-wing approved journal. And even then you'll probably be labeled a pariah if you somehow manage to make your opinion public[1][2].

So yes, it's tiresome, but I believe that getting involved into projects that are relevant to you AND speaking-up when they inevitably come to push for a CoC (for a community they aren't part of, for software they don't even use) is now more important than ever. You see how powerful it is: there are pictures from issues from years ago that still are posted from time to time. You see it now, how triggered people are with the SQLite christian CoC. It'll eventually get better as more people stop fearing those bullies. It's just a matter of time.

[1]: archive.is/DNfh3
[2]: quillette.com/2018/09/07/academic-activists-send-a-published-paper-down-the-memory-hole/

Attached: 1537250552345.jpg (900x517, 86K)

>As a end-user, you have little to no say on how things are done in those free software projects.
> I believe that getting involved into projects that are relevant to you AND speaking-up when they inevitably come to push for a CoC (for a community they aren't part of, for software they don't even use) is now more important than ever.
In most FOSS projects one person, or sometimes a small gorup, have the ultimate power. Just because you are a contributor doesn't mean your opinion will carry much weight, as you probably know.

I think a much better alternative is to find alternatives to whatever tech you are using, and usually there usually are alternatives, and support those instead. Contribute your time/money helping with projects that take pro-active steps against these people like SQLite is doing. Does it not have a feature you like? Great you found something you can implement!

>Just because you are a contributor doesn't mean your opinion will carry much weight, as you probably know.
Yes, Linux still has a CoC because Linus is ok with it, and LLVM continued with their Outreachy involvement despite Rafael's leave, for a similar reason. I still believe though that arguing as a contributor has more weight than doing so as a outraged user, IF the project leadership is still on the fence about something.

>Contribute your time/money helping with projects that take pro-active steps against these people like SQLite is doing
Most non-meme projects just operate as normal OSS projects: they don't pick a "side" preemptively just for shit and giggles. It's only later when someone comes around and demands the adoption of whatever document they want that they do. Until that discussion hasn't happened, there's no way of knowing the core team's position on the issue.
It's a good idea otherwise.

This has been around for a while, it was started in response to the critique that Debian was a hostile place for women.
I am sort of surprised a board obsessed with GNU/Linux did not know this
gabdrop was exceedingly mediocre and gabu is the better girl, please forget about this meme girl

Thanks for the interesting and redbpilled [1]&[2].

Sigh. Why does it seem like every industry is trying to attract women with affirmative action and extra benefits just for being a woman? Why do women need to be treated like princesses to get anything done?

You only say that because you haven't experienced the hardships of being a woman.
You're privilege is, like, REALLY showing, you know? Please educate yourself before talking to me again.

girls should eat a dick

Attached: 1536757618142.jpg (641x314, 35K)

I know this is bait, but what hardships do women experience that I don't?

I think it's more important we try to introduce more diversity and inclusion in the waste removal industry. I have never in my life seen a woman on the back of a garbage truck taking out the trash and I find it incredibly sexist and misogynist. Women can hurl garbage into the back of a truck just as well as men, and are certainly also just as competent behind the wheel. We need to start diverting our young women away from the idea of being a nurse, social worker, teacher or secretary and start pushing them into male dominated jobs such as waste removal, construction, and long haul trucking.

daily reminder there is no woman in tech
only freaks

Maybe without pointing at them? They afraid of man because of this.

I have, I used to work for the city and half of the waste dept was female

My wife is a nurse and her entire graduating class was female with the exception of three guys, and oddly enough two of the guys were gay and the third came out as gay in the second year.

change manpages to personpages

Fuck you kike nigger

Woman here. I have been working as a software engineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

Have our society reinforce behavior that encourages independent-minded adults that can take criticism, work independently, and be productive, while discouraging questionably-valuable (read: only good for creating debt that will later implode as well as sour interpersonal relationships) fields of study.

Socially engineer it so that women actually wanting to do creative and difficult work that requires effort to do (this option isn't ever going to work - women don't generally think in the way that makes this work)

Attached: ...ora_ora_ora.jpg (466x517, 58K)

Their kind shouldnt be around children all they do is prey on the innocent.

FUCKING MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT
I JUST FINISHED READING THE ADMIN HANDBOOK. FUCK U FEMINISM

Come Here ARCH

post tits

You know you can request shit in return as well, right? So it's not unfair and sexist to ask for tits
Give tits, bitch

I've seen other data that says that the mean is about the same but that men have a larger spread (so more geniuses but also more retards).

>I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all
>lel post tits

not her but are you aware that you're a fucking mongrel

the whole point is to make things better for everyone not to get down to your level

>the low-tier jobs red herring that appears in every single one of these threads without fail
how does it feel to be that guy

its Jow Forums, what do you expect
gb2 hacker news

>he only uses one website and treats it like a nationality

Men work things
Women work people

But okay, I'll post my dick on the debian mailinglists, that'll attract dem bitchizzlez. This thread convinced me to be more welcoming to our female codemonkeys.

>le epic no comeback ad hominem

Stop being a crossiting faggot and stop abusing the quote function.

>Abusing

Do,kay

did you fall for it or did you just pretend to fall for it and I fell for thinking you fell for it? which is it?

I don't really know as I didn't read the full post. I'm only here to find out which open source community would appreciate my dick pics the most.

So in conclusion I might or might not have fallen for it and you have fallen for my post.

>I have a trans woman friend
>what she experiences passing as a woman in tech
Stop encouraging mental disorders. He didn't "pass as a woman" he just passed batshit crazy

neck yourself tranny

Attached: 43879990_1965219267111135_618335184495837184_n.jpg (640x597, 34K)

refer to