ASUS Z390 Motherboards Automatically Pusesh Mailwaire into Your Windows

techpowerup.com/248827/asus-z390-motherboards-automatically-push-software-into-your-windows-installation

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THIS IS THE NEXT LEVEL OF BOTNET
Opting out of the disclaimer leaves it enabled and it breaks EUs GDPR laws

Attached: asus.jpg (1200x630, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

infineon.com/dgdl/pb-ir3555.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a40153567fd3ac28d3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You really can't trust anyone.

i bet amd is doing the same

They would if they made motherboards.

they are probably doing worse things, like killing innocent children in their labs

>executed by the Windows Session Manager during operating system initialization
It's a windows feature, faggot.

t. buttmad intel shareholder

lol why would i be mad? intel is doing great fuck you

Attached: 68180491537112.jpg (253x195, 8K)

i have an asus b350 motherboard now and will not buy an asus X570 board when i upgrade to Zen 2 next year

fuck asus

read the article, moron. it loads a script from the mainboard bios which is turned on by default.

Because you're just going to put the new Zen chip into your b350 board right?

lol no. even if i just raise clock speed to 3,7GHz all cores without touching voltage, VRM go 115C in a well ventilated case

I'm gonna buy a big dick X570 MSI motherboard and flagship ryzen 7 3700X and my first gen ryzen system will become an HTPC

That's what you get for using UEFI.

Alright then, I guess MSI is the new best motherboard brand

>buying snsv

> THIS IS THE NEXT LEVEL OF BOTNET
CompuTrace.

amd is the same!!!

Attached: 1501245890732.png (1228x1502, 944K)

It doesn't have anything to do with Intel or AMD. It's UEFI feature which Windows supports and OEMs can leverage.

wow fuck asus

If it wasn't used for nefarious purposes this would actually be a good thing.
Provide all the drivers your hardware needs for Windows, at least, so they can be addressed during installation or after so you don't need a driver disk during install or anything.

and AMD's PSP could do it, and better so as it's lower level than the BIOS

The Crosshair VII does the same thing, so yes, this isn't exclusive to Intel systems. ANUS are the ones behind this kikery. Their software has always been intrusive and hard to get rid of. AI Suite leaves behind multiple services and executables when you "uninstall" it, which run silently in the background forever (unless you visit their forums, where you can find a well-buried link to a download for a proper uninstaller).

what is the Jow Forums approved motherboard company?

a-asus

This sounds like a nice and useful feature since not having an Ethernet driver is a hassle, but holy fucking shit it should not be enabled by default. It should ask for your consent on first boot or something and give you information about what it's doing.

>not using msi

i havent upgraded in 5 years, but when I read about msi's ryzen lineup i found out they were using the cheapest mosfets possible. some chink crap while everyone else was using the industry standard texas instruments. do they do this only in AMD because muh market share or they cheap out on all their products?

Asus still have by far the best BIOS, both in terms of layout and functionality. Their hardware is generally good too. They offer the best overall package if you disable the botnet.

Gigabyte and ASRock both have shit tier BIOSes developed by first-year chink students. MSI's is better, albeit usually missing crucial things like voltage offsets on AM4, but their hardware is very hit and miss.

Their X370 lineup was dog shit across the board (the Xpower was an absolute joke in particular), but their B450/X470 boards were much-improved. They have by far the best VRM setup amongst B450 and low end to mid-range X470 boards, and the M7 is competitive with the Crosshair VII and Aorus Gaming 7.

>some chink crap while everyone else was using the industry standard texas instruments
IR MOSFETs are far more common that TI ones on high end motherboards. Asus used TI NexFETs on the Crosshair VI, but switched to IR3555Ms for the Crosshair VII (which has a significantly better VRM, though not only for that reason). The MSI Xpower used Nikos MOSFETs, which are absolute garbage.

>IR
They still sell under that name?

Yes.

infineon.com/dgdl/pb-ir3555.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a40153567fd3ac28d3

>Put simply, it is a script that makes Windows copy data from the BIOS to the System32 folder on the machine and execute it during Windows startup - every single time the system is booted.
OPs article is not exactly correct. The BIOS doesn't "make" Windows do anything, you can put binaries in the "Windows Platform Binary Table" and _windows_ will grab what's there and execute it. This is a Windows "feature" or problem.

This is NOT new, btw. Lenovo did this with some laptop models using the exact same mechanism a few years ago.

This major security problem - and that is what it is - can be used by anyone who makes a UEFI BIOS, doesn't matter if it's a AMD or Intel system. It obviously wouldn't be AMD or Intel doing it, it'd be ASUS/Gigabyte/MSI/etc.

Yes, Windows will load something from the BIOS if it's available. That IS a Windows "feature". The motherboard making something available (in this case that's on by default) is a motherboard feature. Think of it this way, the BIOS doesn't randomly write things to Windows's folders. Windows will read the BIOS firmware and run files there if there are any present.

Here's a fun thing to think about: There's regular BIOS updates for the B350 motherboards. Putting something in an update is trivial.

>Gigabyte and ASRock both have shit tier BIOSes developed by first-year chink students. MSI's is better, albeit usually missing crucial things like voltage offsets on AM4, but their hardware is very hit and miss.
I actually disagree on this one. ASUS has the best BIOSes with user-friendly ways of configuring settings and they work. Gigabyte boards tend to have all the settings and they work but they are below all kind of different submenus, it's probably the least user-friendly interface. In contrast, ASRock and specially MSI tend to have the settings but they don't actually do anything when you change them.

...i have a ROG STRIX B450-F coming tomorrow. is this really Z390 only?

You can disagree if you like, but my statements remain factually correct.

MSI has been dogshit as long as they existed. Their motherboards were trash in 2002 and they're trash now.

gigabyte only has bugged bioses/uefis they refuse to fix

it works, but it's bugged and requires experience on how to work around the bugs

Attached: 1509477877853.png (1073x1445, 523K)

How big of a zoomer do you have to be to care about bios guis?

> Pusesh Mailwaire

pajeet posting needs to stop

Jokes on you, OP, I have nothing to hide