Quick question..could I use this hard drive on a desktop pc? I took it from my dead laptop

Quick question..could I use this hard drive on a desktop pc? I took it from my dead laptop.

Attached: 312B8CC4-550B-4BCE-BD16-8816EF490F7A.jpg (4032x3024, 3.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6o8iq4/can_i_use_a_laptop_ssd_in_my_desktop_computer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/sqt/

is that a serious question?

No OP, the hard-drives they use in laptops are actually softer so they won't get damaged by the laptop moving around. It simply won't be recognised by a Hard-SATA cable that desktops use

no you can not since it is a quantum mechanical anti matter reflector connector the only is to buy a shield deflector array manager and force the plasma into the platter

It literally says Laptop SSHD on it, OP not Desktop HDD

Get out of here with your dumb questions

>posts LAPTOP hardrive
>durr durr can greg use hard drive in desktop

no dumbass

install gentoo

You can shove it up your ass and do some jumping jacks, and then bleed to death internally you fucking faggot. Read the sticky. Jow Forums is NOT your tech support.

Attached: 1539201593026.jpg (250x241, 25K)

It's fine just make sure to microwave it before swapping from laptop to desktop platforms, and vice versa.

I only asked a short friendly question. I’m planning to build a new pc with my step son and wanted to save some cash, that’s all.

reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6o8iq4/can_i_use_a_laptop_ssd_in_my_desktop_computer/

Sure. It uses a standard SATA interface. Just plug the SATA power plug, then a SATA cable to the board, and power it up. Windows will recognize it.

>reddit

Attached: 1539055614441.jpg (496x478, 46K)

>SSHD
What the FUCK did Seagate mean by this?

Yes, it's literally just a smaller form factor, the interface is the same.

>Quick question..could I use this hard drive on a desktop pc? I took it from my dead laptop.
Might need an adapter because sometimes laptop drives combine the SATA and power into one single interface cable, but yes you can.

Don't listen to these retards, they're trying to get you to brick your PSU because the laptop interface feeds unused power back, to save energy in a laptop, and desktop PSUs can't deal with the surges from this.

Do NOT use this in any machine you care about.

Yes, you can.

yes, it has normal SATA and SATA power connectors.

Your case might not have a bay of the proper dimension to screw it to though. There are adaptors available, you cam ghetto mod something, or just leave it lie down (but careful when moving the case then).

Thanks for your responses, I’ll look into it

yes

If you don't even know if you can use a laptop hard drive in a desktop PC, you're too stupid to build a PC.

idiot. it's an electronic device that consumes power. it does not 'feed back power'. it uses what it needs, it does not 'return' power. nice troll attempt though.

You should be fine to use it in a desktop. Just get pic related on Amazon or at your local electronics store and you’re good to go

Attached: E408AAC7-6EE3-458E-AAD8-465FB206C3A1.jpg (350x350, 20K)