Which is better for privacy and why?

Which is better for privacy and why?

Attached: apple-vs-android.png (750x449, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI–Apple_encryption_dispute
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One is owned by a company that tracks you to send you targeted ads.
The other is iOS.

One is owned by a company that tracks you to send you targeted ads.
The other is owned by a company that tracks you to send you targeted ads.

This is true and was what I was thinking.

I can add things like a firewall to Android to stop connections to servers I don't trust, which I can't do with ios.

Ios 3rd party apps will leak my info all over the place. Android apps are worse but you have the ability to curb it.

Currently on android and considering my next purchase based on privacy. Not autism level, just as good as it can be but still function easily.

>reply from the updated Apple NPC software

This is true and was what I was thinking.

I can add things like a firewall to Android to stop connections to servers I don't trust, which I can't do with ios.

Ios 3rd party apps will leak my info all over the place. Android apps are worse but you have the ability to curb it.

Currently on android and considering my next purchase based on privacy. Not autism level, just as good as it can be but still function easily.

Probably custom android rom without google services.

Any way to have Android Pay or similar working?

You can flash and root Android and setup it without Gapps. You can change system files to gain privacy and install privacy-oriented apps. You can route all traffic in system via TOR. You can add privacy modules to kernel and settings, which can block permissions.

On iPhone you cannot even install application outside of censored environment.

stock ios is ""better"" than stock android, the same way drinking piss is better than eating shit.

but with android you can do this

This

Just a friendly reminder that accurate user profiles can be built using cursor movement/clicks, or location of where, how hard or how long you swipe on a phone. Your location can be tracked with wifi and gps turned off via timezone along with other various sensors on the phone that can't be turned off (elevation, air pressure, step counter, etc). The second you use your phone to make a call you location is now traceable by government agencies via triangulation.

There is no such as privacy when it comes to modern phones. Arguing over which is better is like arguing over which type of wood will burn you the most when lit on fire.

See:
And:
>stock ios is ""better"" than stock android, the same way drinking piss is better than eating shit.
Thorough explanation. In no way does a proprietary operating system with a locked bootloader even begin to be better than an operating system like Android.
Magisk hide?
Please don't argue for appealing to futility here. Come on.

By default? Both shit but I'd probably guess iOS. Anyone that actually cares about privacy will be able to make android a much better ecosystem through the use of custom ROMs, getting rid of play services, using foss apps, encryption, etc.

>Please don't argue for appealing to futility here. Come on
It literally is futile though. If you have an actual need for privacy then you should be using burner phones. If you dont want to go to those lengths, needing to use a different phone every day or few days, then you really don't need privacy that bad.

You can't eliminate all risks, but that doesn't mean you don't act to minimize risk. There's a reason the argument you used is considered a logical fallacy.

>By default? Both shit but I'd probably guess iOS
And why would you guess that?
>In no way does a proprietary operating system with a locked bootloader even begin to be better than an operating system like Android.

>Inb4 some retard complains about the spacing thinking it will make him look like an oldfag and make his brain look bigger

Get a device that supports Lineage OS

reddit spacing REEEEEEE

Attached: 1507351021248.jpg (900x900, 43K)

Apple has a decent privacy and very good security out of the box, expect all your data to be used for data mining and advertising in stock android you might even get infected with a virus from the play store, android is only good if you use a custom ROM which guaranties privacy and decent security.

Attached: 71301323_p0.jpg (1063x1500, 380K)

>If you have an actual need for privacy then you should be using burner phones
What makes you think they can't be triangulated?

Attached: 1540300147415.jpg (470x470, 45K)

>virus from the play store
haha oh wow

Well it's true, even the shitty security scan sometimes doesn't even work.

For you:

>actually uses Play Protect
t. n00b

listen user it isn't that difficult to avoid malware. most have very obvious tells

I use an iPhone X though, I don't want to deal with androids shit, iOS just werks.

Attached: 1528296852986.png (600x780, 247K)

With android you have the choice to get rid of google's tracking and auditing the security of the OS. Since android is open source. Whilst for apple you have to take their word for it, which really says much whenever a fan exclaims it having great security/privacy.

>Allow Flashlight.apk to access Wi-Fi Information and Location Information?

>And why would you guess that?
Google is an advertisement/analytics company, so it would be in their best interest to sell or mine userdata. Apple is a hardware and software company, and most of their revenue is realized just through sales.
Not saying that apple is particularly good, but I don't *think* they'd be as bad as google.

Yeah, well:
>You can flash and root Android and setup it without Gapps. You can change system files to gain privacy and install privacy-oriented apps. You can route all traffic in system via TOR. You can add privacy modules to kernel and settings, which can block permissions.
>On iPhone you cannot even install application outside of censored environment.

You didn't read my post

Exactly my point. The malware literally tells you it's malware. You have to be stupid to install it.

>On iPhone you cannot even install application outside of censored environment.
Except that is wrong you stinky andreet. You don’t even need to spend money to do it.

>Talk about things to someone else
>Check your iPhone
>Look, it's advertisement about the thing I was talking about
What a total coincidence, there's no way Apple would invade my privacy.

didnt apple refuse to unlock phones for the fbi or something
that is pretty based

Then why is malware distributed through the Loogle Play Store?
Apple would immediately reject your app for requesting excessive permissions.

Attached: 59F03136-9AA0-4B17-B96F-0B132F6D50C4.jpg (670x1191, 120K)

I like the irony of the picture being an iPhone 4/5

It isn't malware in the conventional sense, I used that term because it's simple, but it's there because Android puts the control in the users hands where it should be, rather than taking it away.
Google requires apps ask for permission explicitly, and permissions can even be disallowed individually, so that you can decide what apps are allowed to do on your phone. Apple doesn't even give you the information or choice.

>Apple doesn't even give you the information or choice.
Lying again.
>permissions can even be disallowed individually
Android apps can also check that the permission was denied and refuse to work. This is banned on iOS. Your app cannot cease to function because a user denies to share their location with you.

android > IOS > stock android

The one that is larger parts free software. (Android) Still, neither is ideal.

Based and redpilled

>apache
>free
Ohnonono

Has to be stupid to install malware..... Ignores blueborne

Both are always listening to everything you say. Not sure about Apple phones, but at least with Android ones you can install botnet free Operating Systems.

Both are horrible for privacy. It's not even worth trying to pick the lesser of two evils.

Google.
You can actually root them and install stuff that blocks the spyware shit.
On iOS, you are exposed to whatever security Apple thinks is enough for you.

>google
>tells you they're spying on you but gives you a gratis OS to make up for it

>apple
>lies about not spying on you to kike you out of your money and gets kickbacks from NSA as well

>lineage with fdroid
>doesn't spy on you

Attached: 1521371979463.jpg (1200x800, 107K)

Which is better, cancer of the left bollock or cancer of the right bollock, and why?

you'd think being able to control a light would be in the default settings.

>google
>get spied on for free

>applel
>pay to get spied on

Tough choice.

Attached: 1515558746801.jpg (1439x2116, 794K)

It is. Don't listen to Apple shill

Street shit harder iPoojeet.

Attached: 1528143004200.png (746x997, 286K)

Android is fine before google forces their will on it by restrictions on shipping with the play store.
Unfortunately no phone company will ship with base android without installing their own shitware.

Any phone with GPS hardware

Honestly I have considered just paying my protection money to apple and insuring I only get fucked over by one corporation, but I dislike that I have to find exploits to install programs I want.

>posted from google chrome

Posed from Clover :^)

>"At Apple, we believe privacy is a fundamental human right." t.Tim

>"Whether you’re taking a photo, asking Siri a question, or getting directions, you can do it knowing that Apple doesn’t gather your personal information to sell to advertisers or other organizations."

please link me to the nearest Loo where I can find the Android privacy terms

Android without gapps > iOS > Vanilla Android > 1984 > OEM Android install

root, magisk keeps you able to have root and use any app, without issues.

Attached: Screenshot_Magisk_Manager_20181023-202110.png (1440x2560, 335K)

/thread

not owning a phone, electronics or even writing anything

For the average user, apple I guess. I ve published a few apps and apple actually checks your code and whether your app is safe or not, whereas in android you can publish whatever the fuck you want.

did you look in the apps/settings you autistic fuck before posting this?
or are you an applefag trying to shill for the late memory of steve jobs
I use a samshit and even it has a stock flashlight widget

Attached: yEK5dlv.jpg (595x594, 83K)

SwiftKey is safe?

no way

>Still showing Android 4.0
Try again, Indian nigger.

>actually checks your code and whether your app is safe or not
Imagine having to lie to defend your faggot fruit cult.

Attached: 1517925499941.jpg (1027x1027, 69K)

lol wi-fi is public - signal bleeds anyway we can hear everything you say - and see everything you type - as for your personal details - all the cronies already have them

Im just talking from my experience as a mobile dev. Just try to publish something to the app store, those fuckers will always find something to reject your app at least once.

It is.
Just another reason why this app is obvious as shit and nobody with half a brain would ever fall for it.
It's like saying your computer shouldn't be able to download files from online because they might have malware.
Just because Aunt Nelda is too stupid to check downloads for legitimacy doesn't mean we should remove that privilege from those who are smart enough to recognize bad downloads.

Attached: eevee.jpg (125x120, 2K)

cringe and bluepilled

if you want privacy dont use a smart phone.

Then how do you watch webms?

I swear to got you better not say VLC..

What's wrong with vlc?

>Please don't argue for appealing to futility here. Come on.
With a firewall it is.

>"At Apple, we believe privacy is a fundamental human right." t.Tim
Not even a source, but I'll indulge you.
Also:
Yeah, find a privacy policy, that will do you good and not installing Android without Gapps, while using as software from F-Droid.

So what's a good alternative? I don't want to use Samsung Keyboard.

why do you have to install third party software to get basic web functionality

blackberry keyboard is legitimately the best keyboard on the play store

considering their entire reputation fulcrums on security i think your only concern is your analytics going to pajeets

None. It's the best, but use a firewall to deny its internet connectivity.

AOSP

in this thread: iToddlers, iToddlers and more disgusting iToddlers

There is no such thing as a private cellphone, the towers are controlled, the baseband is compromised

Attached: 1538178048210.png (487x528, 536K)

Nobody said they can't be triangulated. But that's the only meaningful way to minimize risk if you need a mobile service. OS choice doesn't matter privacy wise, and for the biggest risks you can't even blame google or apple.
On the other hand you can block ads and some tracking on smartphones (at least on android), but if you do it because of privacy, and not because of user experience you're in big trouble.

This is a situation where the risk is so high you just shouldn't own a cellphone

>drive encryption
ios
>privacy in general
android without gapps and with firewall

>drive encryption
>ios
Also, why would it even matter when a proprietary method is used (meaning - you have to take Apple's word for it)?

AOSP obviously, compile Lineage OS without Gapps, and you have an absolutely botnet free phone. iOS is proprietary, and maybe shadier than Google. Who knows?

You actually do if you want to be able to use your phone.

>Confusing mac app store with ios appstore

Then again, i too published an app to both android and ios. Guess what? Every damn update takes at least a day and sometimes get rejected by apple if you break any of their standards. On android even non working builds can be submitted and distributed to play store in a matter of minutes

So how do you do it then? Buy a device which can't be updated past iOS 9 and jailbreak it?

I'm thinking of getting an iphone because I do not want to be associated with pajeets and other third worlders, they're everywhere - play store, youtube, social media, you name it

Attached: 1246545475.jpg (612x459, 56K)

Well sorry to hear you're so narrow minded. Enjoy your iPhone! :)

Might want to cut your association with Jow Forums first. It will do you real good when you stop being underage.

iToddlers will defend this.

Attached: 1525803043017.jpg (1616x1639, 735K)