When will HDR products reach mainstream prices?

When will HDR products reach mainstream prices?

Attached: hdr.jpg (2000x2976, 1.43M)

>hurr buy new hardware goy
>it can all be done in software
what a fucking meme

Microcephaly.

>with HDR, without HDR
>both illustrated on an image with RGB color space
What did they mean by this? Do the images to the left have more bits?

love this meme, where they try to show differences in fps or color by faking/exaggerating it

There's a reason why it's shown at two exposure levels, retard.

Just how exactly am I supposed to look at this? Do I need to cross my eyes like with those crazy magical 3d images from the 90ies?

I don't get this too. The display is the same, it's a shader filter, only implemented in a monitor.

literally none of those effects are inherent to hardware

>he doesn't have a 159 bit super color display

the images on the right look better tho desu

is 4K only worth it if you sit really close to the screen?

Waiting for cheap oled

>"The hardware requirements for 4k are too high, people aren't converting to it quick enough!
>"We need a new gimmick to make money"
>"Why don't we sell people expensive 1080p monitors with pretty colors?"
>"Genius!"

So it’s literally just a higher dynamic range screen like we get every few years but this time they assigned a buzzword to it?

Nice meme.

>we made your screens brighter now
>it's called HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE!
>pay up goy

HDR plus true real-time ray tracing.

Attached: smug.jpg (1012x712, 142K)

>we made your screens brighter now
>tfw the first thing you do with a new monitor is turn down the brightness

How is $400 for 1440p 144hz HDR not "mainstream price"? That's cheaper than SDR Gsync 1440p 144hz monitors.

>HDR TN monitors

My monitor is bright enough. Having darker blacks would be nice but brighter highlights would be uncomfortable.

>he isn't wearing sunglasses in front of his computter

All the images on the right look better and more atmospheric.

How else would they show it to you on your 8bit monitor?
This is one of the more accurate representations I've seen.

>What's the difference?
The pictures on the left have Samsung Dynamic Contrast turned too high?

When content is experienced and not fed

HDR is more than just software there is some hardware requirements . It requires a 10bit display and being able to adjust according to HDR metadata. In theory you could update an existing 10bit monitor and have “HDR” but the max brightness would be somewhat low for it.

HDR is the biggest jump since mono crome to VGA.

it's just better colouring.
it's good if you play dark horror games for example

The right looks better.

>Not being able to see things in shadows is bad!
>Not being able to see things in light is good!

Attached: 1478414027963.jpg (712x712, 42K)

>Not being able to see things in light is good!
It's just washed out because it's captured as 8bit. You'd see more detail in the bright area on the HDR monitor itself.

>Have Monitor
>Monitor controller and hardware only capable of reaching 6-bit+FRC
>IT CAN BE DONE IN HARDWARE

Yeahokay, sure.
We'll get these cheap chinese TN panels that have these LCD gates that can't 100% perfectly block all light, no matter how bright the backlight is, with colossal amounts of light leak between sub-pixels to perfectly render 10-bits of color depth accurately with just some good ole' fashion open source programming and software!

Fucking all those elite optical engineers who spend a huge chunk of their time working with electrical and mechanical engineers to try to engineer increasingly more accurate and controllable gates arrays, backlights, optical coatings, and controllers. They're all scam artists!

It is. I've bought my KS8000 over a year ago and even then it was below $1000 for a 55" TV.
I'm pretty sure you can get something similar or better for >$500 today.

On my 52" difference is very visible up to 2 meters. Quickly diminishes beyond that.
One bonus - if your tv is not connected to a PC and you use built in YouTube app you can play videos at 4k and the difference will be always noticable regardless of the distance because of bitrate.
It's not about higher brightness, it's about having more details in bright and dark scenes instead of overblowing them
It's literary the opposite