How to installed gentoo on this

how to installed gentoo on this

Attached: file.png (1200x900, 1.33M)

Install Gentoo

Like you'd install any OS on any computer

ctrl+alt+del -> format c:\ -> install_gentoo.exe

>google Surface Pro 3 Gentoo
>Surface Pro 3 and Linux after 1.5yrs
>after having my sp3 for a year and half, and spending most of that time fiddling with installing linux and different distros, I thought I'd jot down my thoughts
>having a tool that can take pictures, arrange my thoughts, let me draw/add notes to my design docs, and function as a laptop replacement when needed. The SP3 seemed to fit that bill, so I made the jump
>To be honest and fair, Win10 worked very well for my needs. The tools were there, and they functioned rather well. However, ads and security became a concern. Also, I've been a linux guy since the 2.4 kernel, and there were some core windows things I didn't like
Top jej. It's literally just werk yet he still installs 100 distros on it and wasting time to fixing shits

download the gentoo installer msi from getgentoonow.xyz

linux on a surface is hell if you plan on using the pen

Not OP but what's wrong with GNOME3 + xournal?

yes

That's literally what Linux users do. They don't do anything productive with their computers, they just waste time trying to make them work the way they want.

Not everyone has a CS:GO degree and that's okay.

Who said anything about gaming? Normal, productive people either use Windows because it works, or OSX because it works the way Apple tells them it's supposed to work.
Autists use Linux because they can't stand not being able to rice every aspect of it.
Hipsters use Linux because everything else is too mainstream.
Freetards use Linux because they're mentally ill control freaks.
All three of those groups are incapable of just installing the OS and going to work without spending the next two days trying to figure out why they don't have sound or wifi.

People use OSX because either:
a. They're technologically incompetent boomers/zoomers who wouldn't know quality products if it hit them over the head
b. Content creators needing hardware/software optimized for creation

>b. Content creators needing hardware/software optimized for creation
lmao imagine still fall for Jobs mac vs PC guy meme

You don't. Don't buy a Surface if your plan is to replace Windows. Buy another tablet.

Is it possible to install Gentoo in less than an hour?

>b. Content creators needing hardware/software optimized for creation
I don't understand this to be honest, almost everything has a Windows version these days

Don't ,more issues than it's worth.Tried on a Surface 3 non pro model.

Apple does one thing and they do it really well, their OS is really really low level in their hardware. Since they've been using essentially the same parts for many years and they've had time to hone their OS for their parts. Also, they don't have to deal with making their OS fit with any other machine than their own, which means that their drivers are optimal. They actually had a falling out with Nvidia since they wouldn't let Apple use their own drivers, that's why all modern macs are intel/AMD only. But in every other category their shit.

But is it worth it? Their Macpro is 5 years old at this point and easily get btfo by a Windows PC at half of the price.

This is kind of silly considering I spend 60% of my workday staring at a Linux terminal, and so do a good fraction of software devs.