/spg/ - Smartphone General

Xiaomi Black Shark Helo Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Xiaomi-Black-Shark-Helo-announced-Refined-design-with-10GB-of-RAM.jpg (1761x1175, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/NEW-LG-V20-H918-T-Mobile-Unlocked-Android-7-64GB-16MP-Phone-Silver-Titan-Gray/183410774389
amazon.com/Nokia-6-1-Unlocked-Smartphone-T-Mobile/dp/B07B4KPFKM
es.aliexpress.com/item/Firmware-Global-Lenovo-S5-4G-64G-Android-8-0-ZUI-3-7-MetalBody-Snapdragon625-Octa-core/32860507781.html
kimovil.com/es/donde-comprar-lenovo-s5-64gb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In US. Mi mix 2, can anything compete with it at that price

I don't know what's more cancerous, this logo or the Razer one

reminder that recommending phones without headphone jacks is discouraged

mi a1 or a2? Are there any major differences, and will either work on cricket in the USA? I think they're through ATT

does the xz1c have raise to wake in its settings

No

looking to buy a new phone. currently have a oneplus 3. very happy with it performance wise but it's got some layout and functionality things I absolutely hate.
and it's slightly bigger than i'd like. so i'm looking for something smaller this time.

my search has yielded the following
i have already ruled out xiaomi and huawei. i don't want to be caught dead owning one of these solely on status.
xperia xz1 so far looks like the best choice for me. xz1 compact would be perfect but i'm not sure i'll be able to enjoy a basic 720p screen without any redeeming features. i really like the button layout on those 2.
lg phones are shit in reliability based on past experience. prove me wrong?
samsung still has touchjizz.
htc, asus, blackberry i have no idea what they make.

notch is a hard pass. would like to not lose performance. standard ratios preferred (16:9). about 5.2 is my max ideal based on experience though would easily go smaller. preferably front or side fingerprint reader. capacitive buttons are a plus. front firing speakers also a plus.

>caring about status
might as well buy an iphone if youre american

damn

i'm european. but in my country those phones were originally bought from cheapskates (because chinese imports used to be cheap) and know it alls (that claimed those phones are exactly the same as flagships) or people that know nothing about phones and look at the specs on a website and buy based on price.
i'm just trying to avoid associating with those types of people.

>xperia xz1
just get that. Won't disappoint.

On sale mix 2S

anons plox

A2 will work but only on LTE Bands 2,4, and 5
you will not have the best coverage for LTE with it

have you tried VIA browser?

Anyone know for sure if the chinese version of the Mi mix 2S works in the US (tmobile bands)? kimoliv.com says all models have the same band support, but what I'm reading elsewhere says otherwise. I'm asking because some domestic chink sites have it for like 50 usd cheaper than anywhere else and I can get a relative to send it over.

looking at the play store I don't see anything about it being able to overlay/float

>carrier ATT
>running oreo out of the box
>headphone jack
>good battery
>budget 400 dollars

>basing your tech decisions on the type of people you get associated with
For fuck's sake mate, no one's looking at your phone thinking "hmm is that a Redmi 5 Plus on that peasant's hand?". Again, if you really care about that, get an iPhone.

probably a New Other/Refurb LG V30 off eBay would be your best bet
I wouldn't risk it, get the Global version

Nokia 7.1

I would pay money for this, how do I get a browser similar to windows where its a resizable window that doesn't steal focus. I wish it could be with chrome on android

just use a desktop bro

I hope the Mix 3 lives up to the hype

Is there some sort of chart or with reliable phone models sorted by price

Click the kimovil link in OP

also you can ask here. You will probably be recommended some chinkshit if you don't need 10/10 camera or audio though

what if I want a 10/10 camera

Some expensive name brand just released phone then, do you want to spend $800 on a Samsung or huawei

Pixel 2/3 as well

Currently running the Pie beta on my S9+. I like it a lot so far. Any questions?

Attached: Screenshot_20181023-190624_Samsung Experience Home.jpg (1440x2960, 1.33M)

yeah I got one
why would you waste your money on book trash? did (You) actually pay for it or did you get it on your parents plan?

>best screen
>best hardware
>SD845/6GB RAM
>Pie fast as fuck already

Maybe because I'm not a poorfag and I pull in 6 figures a year. I don't need some neet Chinese botnet phone.

To be honest, probably a huawei. I dislike Samsung.

I'd honestly get the 3 if they weren't so hideous.

>pulls in 6 figures a year
>shitposts on a Cambodian basket weaving forum about shitty gook trash
>instead of banging hookers and doing fat lines
yeah, calling bullshit

when is the Nokia with a decent fucking processor (8.1?) coming to Verizon US?
I'm over the planned obsolescence of the LG G5

nothing you want, ever, is coming to Verizon

I feel this. I hate it. If windows phone was resurrected I'd change carriers for it. I get a huge discount there and only there through work, though.

Non xl pixel 2 and 3 is fine looking imo, otherwise look at huawei mate 20 pro, p20 pro, be aware some of their phones aren't available in major regions

I'm not some degenerate fag like you. But I will take any questions you may have about the update. Thanks :)

>posts on a board filled with trannies and traps who wear programming socks
>not a degenerate
sure bud, whatever floats your boat
it's a better lie than stating you make 6 figures

Are those LeEcos good. Seem to have good cost/effectiveness according to the kimovil page and cheap too

is there any reason to get a gamer phone, even if I'm looking for performance
Couldn't I just get a pocophone or something similar and save myself $600 while also having a better camera and not looking like edgy gamershit

which one?

Pretty much anyone I guess. I don't care about gaming I just want something that works smoothly in doing normal shit, can be rooted and is cheap since I'm not really asking for anything spectacular

Attached: Capture.png (1670x695, 323K)

unironically this. I have $410 USD, does anything beat the mix 2/2S?

Inb4 gets suggested 30 phones that don't have support in the US like poco
>take money you saved to build a gaming PC
Who the fuck thought gaming phones were a good idea

Do you put a screen protector on your phone?

Attached: question.jpg (1024x768, 67K)

Not since 2014. Glass is good enough now to avoid most scratches unless you absolutely have to put keys and your phone in the same pocket for some autismal reason

The glass part of my HTC 10 is the only part that isn't scratched or dented. I don't keep a case on it and drop it constantly and the screen has been fine. Only part is the oleophobic layer has definitely worn off and it's a bitch to clean, but that's pretty standard for a two-year-old phone.

First off, buy an unlocked phone.

Second, you don't want Nokia. My 6 randomly decided to stop working last week and it was only a year old. Never falling for that shit again.

Broke and lost my phone and contract just ended.

Buy a motorola g6 play outrigh for 230$ and pay 50 a month for a plan.

Buy an iphone xr under a contract for 230 and pay 115 a month?

I could even go 35 dollars a month with the moto if I cut out free nation wide long distance.

razer, asus, xiaomi

Buy unlocked pocophone/mi mix2/redmi note 5 unlocked on amazon, use with whatever carrier has cheapest rates

>buy a laptop with a 1050 and a pocophone OR only get a gamer phone
beancounters who make 100k/yr thought they were a good idea. Somehow Razer is making a second phone

is it worth getting a phone that doesn't support volte? I really want it but everyone says that 3g won't even be supported at all anymore eventually

I need 4g when out, not always near wifi

Awesome. Thanks guys. I just got an Essential PH-1, and I didn't want to throw a screen protector on it as the glass itself is quite nice.

Where were you when Motorola changed the game?

why isn't 3g good enough?

idk about where you live but 3g can't even watch 720p youtube here

I mean 3g for calls

>Wichita, KS
>Broke college student, should be cheaper than $300 on black friday
>need fast, smooth UX
>no notch
>headphone jack
>supports T-Mobile 4G LTE
ty :DDD

Attached: one.png (839x768, 399K)

oh its fine for call/texts

I can think of a handful of suggestions for that price excluding jack. Adding a jack makes it like $100 more expensive
Also I would install lineage on anything so I assume you will too

its because I want the xz1c but I'm on ATT, and I heard that it drops to 3g for some reason during calls. I think it was because of something to do with flashing firmware for the sensor, idk, but its my first time buying an unlocked phone so I just want it to go smoothly

I need the headphone jack coz the only headphones I own are Bose QC3s which I bought a couple years ago during black friday.
I'll look at LineageOS if the stock skin is bad. Need an unlocked bootloader, right?
How expensive are the S9/S9+ exynos during black friday?

ebay.com/itm/NEW-LG-V20-H918-T-Mobile-Unlocked-Android-7-64GB-16MP-Phone-Silver-Titan-Gray/183410774389

do you hate headphone jack adaptors that much?
Also those phones weren't out last black friday so I don't know, but it will be well over $300

I'm worried about buying from eBay coz it can be some pajeet/chink scam store. I'd rather pay the premium on amazon or a store to get a guaranteed phone.
The V20 is a good suggestion though. I'll keep an eye out for it during Thanksgiving weekend.
What if I want to listen to something while charging my phone?

I'm not the eBay linker but eBay has extremely good buyer protection, they will often fuck over sellers.
And idk but for me at least the only time I use the adaptor is for headphones when running/bicycling so I'm not charging, and car uses Bluetooth. If I'm at home and phone is charging I'll watch something on PC with audio technicas and a DAC/amp

Will china spy on me?

Can I install another operating system on it?

>actually using MIUI
iSHYGDDT
most all of their phones have great ROM support

>Sony Xperia XZ2
>LG G7
>Samsung Galaxy S9

which is the most best one desu

Depends on what you like but overall the samsung

amazon.com/Nokia-6-1-Unlocked-Smartphone-T-Mobile/dp/B07B4KPFKM

g7 camera is garbage.

t. prior g7 owner, now note 9 owner.

did you even gcam?

I bought a G5 Plus using a coupon a couple months back for $109, new open box nothing wrong with it, still using it and it's perfect
you have literally nothing to worry about if it's New Other or Manufacturer Refurbished
it's a steal at the price and model I linked is the developer friendly model for Custom ROMs

I don't care for Samsung bloat or the Bixby button but the Galaxy has a better camera and a jack. Both have curved screens but it's more dramatic with the Galaxy so i'm not sure. Also the Xperia phones are bizarrely expensive for no reason

Australian here. I hate phones and I barely care but I was reccomended the Mi A2 from a friend and I have had it up the wall with this iphone 6 absolute best phone for

Is this one a good option?
es.aliexpress.com/item/Firmware-Global-Lenovo-S5-4G-64G-Android-8-0-ZUI-3-7-MetalBody-Snapdragon625-Octa-core/32860507781.html
I'm from méxico so I'm looking for something cheap but functional, or there are better options in the same range price?

Half my post was eaten I have no idea how. Fuck this phone

fuck sake Bruce, make ya fackin mind up

I don't know aus prices too well but the Mi mix 2 is 3-350 USD and works in aus iirc

Just got my LG v20 H918 unlocked. What are key things to do?

install azur lane

Root to uninstall bloat, browse custom roms

bruh, are you even sure it picks up the right LTE bands for Mejico? I though you all use B2 and B4 extensively, that shit doesn't pick up either

unlock the bootloader>flash TWRP>flash non-pajeet ROM (they exist, check XDA)>flash microg>flash Magisk>flash Vulkan Drivers>install GCam

Do vulkan drivers really matter?

don't flash Magisk until after the ROM and microg are flashed, once the ROM makes it through initial boot reboot back into TWRP and flash Magisk, reboot system, reboot back to TWRP, flash Vulkan drivers and 2nd screen mod, reboot to system, enjoy

to increase the performance of the GPU for the same power it uses stock? absolutely, it makes the Adreno 530 as strong as the 540

Thanks thats exactly what i need ill save this!
Ill try it.

What the fuck how have I never heard of this. Can I flash it on any adreno GPU? Does it affect all games/emulators?

just make sure the non-Pajeet ROM has signature spoofing so microg will work, also go with what the recommended microg package is for the H918
don't know about emulators, but it does affect most games, the drivers I'm talking about are specific to the V20, check XDA to see if they work on other 820 devices, but that's what they're made for since the 820 had the Adreno 530 GPU

Do you know of anywhere that has vulkan benchmarks? Couldn't find it in the first 2 links of google. Also I'd be interested to know what the strongest phone is that can use them

nvm just found a thread and its tested all the way up to the 835/adreno 540

It seems like it does
kimovil.com/es/donde-comprar-lenovo-s5-64gb