Time to find a new company

Time to find a new company.

>Be me, front-end developer
>CEO for whatever unknown reason brings his step-sister in as the project manager
>This girl is some stupid blonde who can barely work her iPhone
>Literally knows nothing about dev or web-dev projects
>Get emails like this all day
>"Umm how come I can't send an email to this person from my phone?"
>"I don't like how this mobile menu looks can you change it?"
>"I don't like the color of this site's background"
These are clients websites that have been delivered that she is requesting I log into and change without their request. I tried to explain that you can't do that and got a sit down with the CEO who told me I was being a misogynist and didn't want to do her requests because she's female.
>"Um hello?! This site was supposed to be built out by Wednesday why didn't you do it?"
>What website? You never sent me anything or notified me of a project
>"Oh oops I forgot to send it to you"
This is my life now.

Attached: diversity.jpg (699x451, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smerffelectrical.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=PU1oUa8qy6U
iraqbodycount.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

being racist doesn''t make you employable
>b-but im smart
"smart" people are a dime a dozen. we need people who can work together and aren't arrogant snobs.

t. google interviewer

You didn't read his post at all. His problem is nepotism and his nepotistic CEO using identity politics to ignore all criticism and the problems his nepotism have created.

>we need people who fall in line and do as they're told, lest they be ostracized and placed on illegal industry blacklists

Does your boss have his own boss?
>yes
Go to him.
>no
Look for new job.

found the beta cuck

Sounds like you need a real job op. But understand that your pic isn't related. You have a shit boss that brought in a shit family member.

YOU HEARD THE LADY, CHANGE THAT BACKGROUND, NIQQUAA!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHGAGHAHHGAAGAGGAGAGAGAAA

Attached: b42f78a8-8821-43b9-8884-e00e25088989..gif (220x323, 923K)

You can't be held responsible for poor management decisions.

Just start taking everything she says at face value.
>she is requesting I log into and change without their request. I tried to explain that you can't do that
This is you protecting someone from themselves, and this woman doesn't deserve it.
Just do as your told and eventually all her bad decisions will come back to bite her in the ass and your CEO won't be able to ignore it anymore.

Attached: akira-kogami-2853.jpg (300x450, 28K)

>work as the IT for Project Management Firm
>It's in construction but the workforce is pretty diverse
>Office is mostly women, they are pretty straight forward when they don't know shit and ask for help, help me on shit I don't know
>boss is setting up party to bring in clients
>female employee pretty much convince him to hire a ton of dancers and ho because they realize half naked girls and booze make easy clients
Maybe it's because i'm in construction, but anti-diversity shit is a meme.

If only things would work out like this. All I can imagine happening is him getting yelled at for listening to stupid ideas without thinking for himself.

>dancers
This actually works? One would think that a client with an IQ above 75 would walk right back out when he sees that this company is trying to waste his time on superficial shit.

>get reprimanded for not following orders blindly
>get reprimanded for following orders blindly

yeah time for a new job then

>t. faggot who completely missed the point

>"smart" people are a dime a dozen
No they are not you retard, one smart person in software development is worth more than 10 average joes (retards).

t. average joe

Good thing most clients aren't above that

>>we need people who fall in line and do as they're told
Well sounds like a big business to me

>"smart" people are a dime a dozen. we need people who can work together and aren't arrogant snobs.
I can work with whatever unknown person, that knows at least something about his job, and knows at least any of languages I can (sort of) speak. From day one.
But I can't "integrate" in collective, or whatever they mean by this from day one.

Why the fuck majority of you, fucking interviewers, don't accept people, who search job in order to work and get money, but you will accept people, who know nothing, but can "integrate" in very short amount of time?

Do this, but document fucking everything over email so you have something to cover your ass with later.

"Hey Linda, just following up on our phone conversation earlier. You asked me to log into customer XYZ's website and change feature W. Do we still have the go-ahead with this?"

Then when you get angry customer complaints and the CEO wants your ass, just point him to the emails and say "she told me to do it".

trying reading, faggot

And that's why Google is a sack of shit nowadays. Pajeet CEO and SJWs to boot with shitty cloud infrastructure getting wrecked by Chad Amazon. Eat a bag of dicks.

You are incorrectly assuming that the random lackey they send to negotiate cares about the objective benefits of the deal, while in reality he only cares about keeping his job while he gets his dick literal and metaphorical sucked.

Attached: 1539724097602.jpg (720x602, 71K)

No what will happen is OP would get fired for doing this shit while his new higher up gets away with such bad orders

Why are the most successful and profitable tech companies run by white and or Asians then?

P..pp..pp..pp.lease tell me that the whole tech world isn't like this. I like programming and CS, but I can't stand being around SJW homos.

yeah sorry
you're pretty fucked
this has been going on for the last 8-10 years in every city with a thriving tech presence.

The tech sector is fuck huge. Stay away from webdev and mobile and you should be okay.

Try and develop an open mind. Otherwise you can probably find a place in some shit non tech company

I like how the wheelchair person is looking at the one next to them like "wow youre shaped like me but on legs

Work for defense.
You need to be a citizen, so there are fewer minorities. And they are conservative places, so you don't have incompetent purple-haired trannies running around.
Plus, they do actual technology: radars, DSP, etc. not some web shit.

Otherwise, any place where technology is predominant, like research centers, etc. Generally there is some diversity crap there as well, but people have to be competent. Basically, you want to avoid anything that is not an actual meritocracy.
So avoid meme technologies like webshit, etc.
Specialize on C++, 3D, DSP and things that require a male, Asian or white brain, and you'll be fine.

Do Javascript or Ruby and you'll be competing with Stacy and Jamal who just graduated from a coding bootcamp, and are better hires due to diversity bonus points.

I seriously doubt a google interviewer would use " instead of ' for a contraction.

>talks about racism, even though op is talking about nepotism and incompetency
>what is reading comprehension
>muh stormfag boogeyman
fucking kill yourself. never come back here again. you are the problem

>defense
Yeah dude. Defense is badass. But the pay is fucking garbage

Depends if the one going is the boss/owner of a small company or just a manager/executive of a larger one, if its the latter then yeah, dancers work alright.

I doubt a Google interviewer would have such a short attention span as to only read the image in a post.

You need to look at the whole package: benefits, quality of life (hours, stress), whether or not the job is interesting, job/career stability, etc.

Defense is one of the most protected careers because H1Bs cannot enter it, and it cannot be outsourced. I'd say it's more interesting that many other industries, because you have strong incentives to innovate. Whereas many industries can simply lobby the government for more protection, in defense you are by definition competing with foreign governments.

But I would say that any field outside of the liberal bubble of web / media / advertising is mostly fine. You won't find many blue-haired retards in healthcare or pharmaceutical (include healthcare tech) either, because those companies are run by doctors, who tend to be conservative and stable people.

Nepotism was a mistake. This is why I only work for sterile people

> Be me, firmware engineer for a startup tech company.
> CEO Makes his trophy wife the customer service person.
> She acts like an arrogant bitch to our customers and potential clients.
> Refuses to answer basic questions and and gets offended and angry at them.
> Overhearing the conversations I'm sure most of them thought our company was a scam. That's what I would think on the other end of the phone.
> Company doesn't have enough business to pay my salary after a couple month of this.

>I doubt a Google interviewer

Who do you think Google interviewers are, exactly? It's a huge mega-corporation working in the advertising industry. They do hire a few superstar programmers, but it's mostly staffed by average-to-mediocre brainlets otherwise.

Some small companies can be based and redpilled though. This is an actual electrician contractor in Brisbane, Australia:
smerffelectrical.com/

Their real logo is a Pepe in SS uniform in front of Auschwitz.

>whole package: benefits, quality of life
Get the whole package at the tech companies too desu. But the tech companies will literally pay triple.

That's a lot of mula to pass up on for "muh liberals". But you do you I guess

kek, based and redpilled.

You are not comparing like with like. The "pay triple" thing is nonsense, because you are comparing very senior positions at tech companies that would be equivalent to VP in a defense company. There might be some difference but certainly not 300%.

I think there is a lot of propaganda about tech salaries. You have people making $120k arguing with each other on hacker news that there place actually pays $400k to junior engineers.

Found the self-fish autist who thinks everyone who isn't him is "below" him.

Pro-tip: get your head out of your ass and realize ""the chosen genius""" character only exists in movies and video games milking a quick buck.

>work for the industrial-military complex and help kill people
Gotta love how these "conservatives" who will not bat an eye at profiting from money invested to wipe out hundreds of innocent people will cry a sour tear the minute some random woman decides to extract a dozen lump of cells from her body. Talk about a morally broken, if not fully vacous, mentality.

Attached: 1496417426426.png (250x250, 89K)

I'll give you the triple might be more for senior levels. But even for junior / new grad. My buddies Lockheed offer was absolute shit compared to my top 10ish tech company. Not 3x more but more than double. Not even trying to whip the dick out. We were both about equal in merit.

We're just bombing clumps of cell user.
I just happen to believe that the ones carrying AK-47 and yelling "death to the west" are less innocent than the ones living in a womb.
(That being said I'm not a big fan of what neo-cons and the Israeli lobby do in the middle east.)

>dat entire site
What a cringe fest. It's like your average 13 year old Jow Forums edgelord got a certificate and shitposts his entire community about it.

Australian shitposting is real.

I'm conservative and I don't give a flying shit if whores want to get abortions. They're doing the world a favor most of the time anyway

>t. never been to an upper management "party" to "bring in clients"
lmfao
where do you think the "businessman on cocaine" stereotype comes from?

Too bad that this isn't about killing so called enemies, but maintaining and refueling a system of foreign intervention for the interest of a few multi-nationals, ""ally"" countries and other financially vested interests (primarily companies building the weapons, logistics, supplies etc). It takes a truly sociopathic mind to work on an industry that profits from death and war and believe there are no moral violations behind it.

youtube.com/watch?v=PU1oUa8qy6U

top fucking kek.

Attached: 1527690822690.jpg (474x530, 44K)

You're company is shit.

>work for a PM that doesn't understand how do be a PM
>PM refuses to press the customer on further questions about functionality
>PM takes the 5 or so bullet points the customer gives per week and literally just delegates them out
>No design. Just start coding.
>Code base is an absolute mess
>We've rewritten entire sections of our code base from the ground up 5 or more times IN ONE YEAR
>PM thinks this is fine and totally normal
>Project continues this way
this is my life. i need to find a new job.

>kek, based and redpilled

Attached: 533.jpg (680x551, 34K)

AWS actually has shittier tech, but a much bigger market share...

>we have ridiculous quotas to fill because muh diversity and muh affirmative action even though they aren't actually qualified for the position, but their black or female so it's okay

neck yourself

that's basically what affirmative action is...

don't do that if these aren't written orders.
otherwise you'll be the one responsible for shitting things up.

>total dead during entire Iraq war: 600k max
>total dead from abortion in 1 year: 1million average
Really makes you think.
Could you have picked a worse comparison?

iraqbodycount.org/

My team has been doing that shit for two years now. The PM himself is basically a difficult customer at this point.
Except that difficult customers are easier to ignore and generally don't have direct authority over the team.

you're in the wrong sector of defense then

t. former Rockwell Collins employee who built look-to-shoot avionics for F-35 and F-22

was nice showing up to work knowing I would vicariously be rekting sand niggers with the shit I was working on.

yeah but then you end up having to worry about being falsely accused of harassment by SJWs which did happen to me at Rockwell, which was hilarious. Fuck it, greentext story time.

>Be on 2nd shift, with old boss from another job who lets me get away with a lot of shit
>Extra breaks, extended lunch, as long as the work got done he didn't give two shits
>Was pretty comfy, plus I had 2nd shift pay which was higher
>I also lived 5 minutes away so I always rode a bicycle to work unless it was going to rain
>SJW bitch on dayshift starts spreading rumors about me
>They were thinking about moving me to dayshift and giving me a pay raise and she would have gone to nights which she didn't want
>Goes to tell management I followed her home
>Management knows I ride a bike because I always brought it inside because it was pic related, worth hysterical amounts of money and homeless people liked to cut locks outside
>6 months prior I made arrangements with management to bring my bike inside as long as it was out of the way and they were fine with it
>Management calls me into a meeting, at the time I was completely oblivious to this
>"Hey threadripper guy, some rumors have been flying around about you following someone home one night"
>I realize what is going on immediately
>"Check the security cameras you'll see my bike locked up in the break room"
>"We know where you were we just wanted to make sure your story was consistent, see you tomorrow morning, we didn't think you would follow someone home on a bicycle for 35 miles"
>She got terminated on the spot and I got the dayshift position and $2 raise
>tfw SJW BTFO

Attached: 20160815_192635_001s.jpg (1328x747, 430K)

>we didn't think you would follow someone home on a bicycle for 35 miles
Talk about throwing shade.

My old boss I worked for on night shift actually said that, we went back like 10 years so he knew me pretty well lol

Holy fuck, absolutely based. Sydney is such a fucking shitthole.

what sucks is i've worked on projects with managers that absolutely knew their shit and the project ran so smoothly. Of course we had our issues here and there, but we never spent months writing out thousands of lines of code only to scrap it a month later and start over.

That's not affirmative action. That's shitty management. If you just hate seeing black people in your office then you're probably not going to be hired. Because you're just a cunt.

>implying we want to work with a office full of niggers with rap music blaring

>Time to find a new company.
yes 100%

If you have a a CEO thats that much of a dipshit to let any of that happen, you should leave.

You want to know true horror story ?
I am PM. I have no idea how to do the job.
I am in leader position because my dad doesnt want anyone in his business from outside in control position after last incident.
I am supposed to give out tasks to 7-14 people who need to make project for pharmaceutical sector, as this was contracted by fucking goverment.

I have no idea what I am doing half of the time, once I did one night studying of UML before I found out about having to project it tomorrow.

I can feel people thinking I am an idiot who is in position only because of daddy yet unable to do anything as my predecessor was literal pajeet stereotype, and according to seniors even bigger idiot than me, hence they fear my replacement would be even worser, so they rather stick with know evil.

I studied economics for christ sake.

Attached: help.png (500x280, 240K)

I feel you, imposter syndrome. Fake it until you make it famalam, realize there are so many people who will screw up worse than you ever can.
Eventually you will get better, you are probably better than you think, just saying at night studying UML will mark you way ahead, alongside your daddy nepotism.

idk if faking it till you make it is a good idea since you come from a point of not being anonymous so faking it is much harder because like he said, everyone knows he's daddies boy.

so him trying to pump out his chest and act collected is a bad idea imo.

what he needs to do is drop his ego and get the project done. who cares if youre inexperienced you're not the one toiling with the code, you're a manager and you don't need any skills besides shit you've already learned by being a human.

treat those employees with respect, facilitate their needs, encourage them. come from a position of mutual friendship rather than commander and soldier. what im saying is don't be afraid to show them fear, it'll ultimately work out better for you and you'll gain their trust and respect.

THIS, SO MUCH THIS. Very sound advice user

i really wish this style of management was more common

>front-end developer
and into the gas it goes

If people around me knew how much time the questions they ask me I go either google to find out even what they are asking or go on Jow Forums to stupid questions threat, I would die from shame.

Once I had a breakdown and just cried in bathroom for 30 minutes like a women because I didnt know what to do.

I hate my life.

>drop his ego and get the project done
My ego was, is and will be non-existent because if I did this, the team wouldnt help me with anything.
And although I dont need to screw with code, I need to read and understand it all to make reports for "higher management", to make sure "the evil employees" didnt put something bad there.

I still remember that at friday, around 5 pm I got email to overview the whole codebase for database with over 1000 tables and be ready by monday. I had to ask 48 year old dude with family and kids to go to work for whole day on saturday and sunday to explain what he and partner were coding for past 3 months in 2 days. That was first time I found what sql is, and no, it is not as easy as excel.

I dont know what was worser, his anger at wasting time with me, or his pity how are we going to be wasting time.

Should have changed the website, waited for the complaints, then pinned it on her.

Actually employed web dev here,

Sounds like you work at a start up too!

Eh, in my experience, it's not really nepotism. Hiring people is just difficult and time consuming and even if you do everything right you never really know what the fuck you're gonna get from a person you pick up off the street.

At a start up, making a bad hire is especially costly because you just cannot afford to go through the hiring process again and so you'll be stuck with them, so a lot of these CEOs will just hire their friends because a) they're easy to find and b) you know what you're going to get from them.

For example, I am one of those hires who my CEO hates, but can't afford to fire. I'm in there every day challenging the CEO's authority, daring them to fire me, and creating a toxic culture, but they just can't afford to fire me, because they have no time and no money to look for a replacement.

Welcome to the start up life.

>just point him to the emails and say "she told me to do it
That doesn't really fly at a start up. The CEO will ask why you didn't contact them if you thought it was a stupid idea, and you'll be fucked.

Start ups are definitely like this, especially if your CEO sucks.

holy shit this guy is unironically based and redpilled

My female boss and her unenthusiastic daughter are destroying our company.
I'm the only developer still in the company.

And I'm supposed to be a fucking sysadmin.

This guy works.

> CEO who told me I was being a misogynist and didn't want to do her requests because she's female.
I don't trust you.

spotted the tranny

>being racist doesn''t make you

When did anyone ever try to market their racism as a benefit? Jesus christ if anyone can figure that out /b/ would hollow out overnight.

These are the invaders who tell you to go back to Jow Forums whenever they see an opinion differing from their narrative. Needless to say, he is not a google interviewer.

>CEO for whatever unknown reason brings his step-sister in as the project manager
Speak to CFO and tell him your project manager is a financial liability, after getting references/another job lined up.
google them in 6 months when they are defaulting.

I"m a lefty and this guy is BASED.

>Old
>Pregnant
>Diversity

Sound like you like MERIT, user.
That's RACIST, SEXIST, XENOPHOBIC and BIGOTED.

Maybe you should repent for your sins and give all your money to underprivileged women of colour.

Attached: womyn_and_shitskins_cant_into_merit.png (1352x1448, 182K)

Oh no, will the world run out of brownies any time soon? They're just lumps of cells, after all.

I have to specify that this happens only in IT.

>t. retard and definitely not a google interviewer

>none of this bait happened

damn i wish i got that many (you)'s

Attached: 1535255619368.png (285x276, 65K)

Does the guy on the right have whiskers

>but anti-diversity shit is a meme.
>pretends to be able to comment on a problem that he clearly doesn't have and doesn't understand
Diversity is a problem because it is inherently ignoring merit literally noone cares if there are women or blacks or god knows what as long as they are capable to do the job.

user what the fuck do you think the push for "diversity" is in actuality?
It is plain old nepotism.
People who would be unfit otherwise get hired.
They are not just random POC or women.
You can be sure they are good friends of someone.

>Found the self-fish autist who thinks everyone who isn't him is "below" him.
projecting this much