Jow Forums is PHP a dead language?

is PHP dead or is it worth learning?

Attached: The Best Software For PHP Coding.jpg (716x474, 22K)

It's not dead and won't be any time soon simply because how much shit you have to maintain. But it is shit so don't bother with seriously diving into it.

Neither

what is so bad about it?

Bad design on pretty much every level. Even though they've been trying hard to reverse it for like five years now, it's still far from being a clean, nice language to use. The amount of shit they deprecate with every release says it all.

try to do simple shit with a database and you'll see.

>Being this much of an NPC
Tell me why it's bad, I'll wait. Fucken brainlet faggot parrot

Attached: 319.jpg (292x219, 20K)

Use an ORM retard

Attached: 4467.jpg (858x402, 52K)

Well my main problem with it is unexpected behavior (return values and such) of standard functions. That's it. This thing alone is enough to see how much of a retard was whoever designed it. Keeping in mind all these quirks is not what you typically do using a modern language. Not even talking about all sorts of bullshit when working with international symbols which was a significant problem about 10-15 years ago.

go hang yourself child, you've clearly never tried to use the godawful language before

Why not learn Java webdev?

Attached: 1540349627846.jpg (281x386, 18K)

i'd say it's worth learning. i still do some stuff in php (have been programming with it since 1997). LAMP stacks are still very popular, and it's an easy language to get stuff done quickly with.

>why not an equally bad language

pajeet please

>Old thing bad. New thing shiny
Fuck off mates. These are mostly fringe cases and bugs. PHP is and still remains the best language for SME projects because of its superior cost/performance advantages. I chose PHP anyday over your hipster cool kid redditor languages for a trivial project to save on the finances. And let me tell you edgelords, it just werks. PHP developers are also everywhere, even my small firm can hire a superstar engineer or two. Go stick a nodejs module up your ass, fag

Attached: 29089066_2094798164087637_5821392891972419584_n.jpg (400x260, 13K)

C can do anything java can if not better try again pajeet

what are the most meme redditor langauges?

May I suggest looking at jobs in your area and learning a language that's employable then?

Attached: db68eba82d67d1c644a4523db39af56617848f75_hq.jpg (736x700, 70K)

>noc npc npc npc
You're retarded.

Common Lisp.

>stone age boomer detected

Attached: 1536605254568.jpg (633x640, 87K)

The bad part is that C can do buffer overflows, memory leaks and ignore type system.

When did i mention Node, retard? You know what else is used everywhere all over the world? Java. I guess that means it must be a good language desu

I was thinking of learning PHP for a backend dev job when I graduate. Good idea?

will live for quite a while, though really you should focus on a framework rather than the pure language
actually fuck that. focus on making a product and making money. how you do it really doesn't matter, no matter what the shitheads here say.

t. boomer afraid of his current knowledge becoming useless

nah, just reality. what matters is making a product. you'll be hired by your ability to get shit out the door. newness has nothing to do with it, at least at this point with 7's considerable improvement

just worked two PHP jobs
does that mean it will last? don't know don't care
already on to the next project, this time is node
if you're a programmer, making products, it doesn't matter how you do it
just learn to fucking program

>mfw i live off laravel
>mfw it's literally rinse and repeat
>mfw been doing this for a few years now
>mfw not even finished school
can't really say bad things about php

are you me