Having to pay more money on RAM than on the CPU to get it to work properly

>Having to pay more money on RAM than on the CPU to get it to work properly

The absolute state of ryzen

Attached: 20181024_112355.jpg (1080x1265, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/review/1627-core-i5-8400-vs-ryzen-5-2600/
youtube.com/watch?v=R_0_jeHWK98&disable_polymer=1
pcpartpicker.com/product/kFyV3C/gskill-trident-z-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c16d-16gtzsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

and even then it will still be 500 bucks cheaper than any 9900k system and it will shit upon it

i5 8400+literally any ram that an boot > this shit

prove it

oh wait this holds as much truth as intel 10nm is on track

games matter now?
if yes
techspot.com/review/1627-core-i5-8400-vs-ryzen-5-2600/

who would have knew

>2933mhz cl14

lmao , expensive ram again. Run it with 2400 cl 15, actually budget ram

I thought that intel did layoffs.
I guess they kicked out only the engineers, the shills are still employed.

>RAM is overpriced
more news at 11

>run a six core system with absolute shit tier memory so that intel uncore speed can shit upon ryzen

the post

the only shit tier thing here is ur argument, the intel can do it, the ryzen cant. Budget cpus go in budget builds

so wait let me get this straight
you made a system with a 2600 cpu
then you decided to slap an aftermarket cooler while the stock is perfectly capable to manage the temps even at 4.2ghz
then you slapped a full atx motherboard with the b450 chipset why the fuck someone will buy a full atx motherboard and have the b450 chipset on it? you either go for matx asrock or a full atx 470 asrock motherboard..
and then not only that you decided to slap gskill on it while its known for a fact that patriot viper 4 is by far the better choice

the cooler/cpu doesnt matter i was just throwing a list together. Though theres arguments to be made for silent cooling and expandability of atx

its pretty well known that ryzen gets literally a free overclocks with faster memory without even having to actually overclock it..
meanwhile intel bclk needs to be manually overclocked in order to benefit from the faster memory
good luck with that

when you make a post about the price and you just slap together things that should not be together yes ofc it matters

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1141x282, 57K)

user, the post is about cpu and ram stop strawmanning

and i just proved you wrong literally halving the price of your system by 120 bucks

>Having to pay more money on RAM than on the CPU to get it to work properly

There you go kid, i know its hard to think without the pictures

Attached: 20181024_122150.jpg (1080x845, 203K)

seecas 15 and literally 40 bucks cheaper and faster

i know its hard for you to understand but you should try to read a bit

the whole point of this is cl14 kid. You should read into it

>budget
>8400 costs $100 more than 2600

oh yes like 0.7ns will totally give you insane perfomance
oh wait you probably didnt knew eh
please continue shilling while we provide evidence to btfo you

Attached: c3-figure1-chart-v2.png (1360x852, 41K)

i only spent more money on ram than cpu because i have 128gb of the stuff

fuck off corelet

diversity is their strength, after all

>my cpu isn't expensive enough
maximum overshill

WTF I hate samsung now

Unless you have a graphic card, It doesn't look like that Ryzen 5 has Vega graphics included.

This might be what you're looking for, unless you have a graphics card lined up.

Attached: 61M-PcmFWcL._SX679_.jpg (679x509, 32K)

well they went downhill in 2015
youtube.com/watch?v=R_0_jeHWK98&disable_polymer=1

how did that happen? didn't brian donate to trump or something?

Locked i5 absolutely worthless

Attached: 1503848584264.jpg (1000x1000, 253K)

>Cpu has great value and can be considered cheap
>Ram prices are inflated, even higher than two years ago
>CPU PRODUCER BTFO

this thread is retarded , theres currently a intel shortage , there at leased 10% above MSRP right now.

the 8600k is almost double the price of a 2600 ryzen 5.

>intel shortage

well in my country we call this

PAPER LAUNCH

the 8600K is a pointless cpu in this market , if your buying a GPU powerfull enough where you get more fps with intel than you would with ryzen , at that point by the I7.

>2x8 instead of 4x4
Gay and bluepilled

Attached: 1536694146733.png (1200x800, 164K)

no point in getting the i7 for games

>it's an Incel COPE thread

Attached: dab.webm (540x960, 249K)

How the hell is it 200usd for 16gb ram?
You can get a single stick of 8gb for 60usd here

>i5 8400
seriously nigga?

And yet it's still cheaper than Intel for the same performance.

Plus, you don't need such expensive RAM.

test
test

DDR4?

>not using 8 sticks of 2GB modules

>buying RAM in 2018
Stop paying (((them)))

Got BTFO in /pcbg/ again so you have to make your safe space thread?
Pro tip: you are nowhere safe.

Attached: 1539803813808.jpg (679x758, 54K)

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between 2.4GHz CL17 and 3.2GHz Cl 14 *outside of gaming*? Will Windows feel faster, shall Word open files more quickly, will Firefox be faster and everything more responsive etc etc?
I am currently building a machine for mainly office work, browsing, video encoding (from time to time only when I encounter some file format that my TV cannot deal with), some hobby coding including webdev (some times requires a VM) and generally want it to be freeze-free and fast on these tasks. I am looking at R7-1700 currently as it s got good core count and clock and is good priced atm where I live, but wondering if I should really bother with RAM speed or if it can create troubles only while gaming

It feels like RAM speed is memed hard and people pulling $300 worse of memory is insane. Or Ryzen is so memory-dependent that it'll be a pile of shit because of 0.8GHz difference? I really don't know.

DDR4 doesn't exist as 2GB modules
>Inb4: not using DDR3L is cringe and bluepilled LMAO

the faster the memory the faster the infinity fabric
free boost for ryzen basicly

Barely any better, Better/faster ssd will do better for that stuff

there's 3200 ram for $50 cheaper than that you absolute shit. also you don't need an aftermarket cooler for ryzen, as it has one of the best stock coolers ever.

cl14 hasn't mattered since the initial release of ryzen you absolute cretin. 3200mhz ram is cheap as fuck.
pcpartpicker.com/product/kFyV3C/gskill-trident-z-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c16d-16gtzsk

Attached: 6541684984949948.png (672x794, 350K)

This is stupid. More ram > faster ram. If you want a faster processor buy a faster processor, don't spend more money on meme-ram.

based and redpilled

Did you forget to take into account the water chiller for your Intel CPU or the raised home insurance premiums?

Attached: 1539978349289.jpg (1327x1222, 331K)

cas doesn't matter anymore, to an extent. however i would recommend high frequency, especially with ryzen. luckily it isn't expensive anymore. 2400 to 3200 is a $30 difference which is very much worth it.

no

This entire argument wouldn't even be possible if AMD CPUs were as expensive as Intel CPUs. As such, it boils down to "AMD CPUs are just too damn affordable."

When will RAM prices drop?

Never

The absolute only reason to buy AMD is that it's less expensive.

by this time next year it'll be down 20-25% according to dramexchange

Buy a Core2 Duo or old Athlon, it is even less expensive.

After DDR5 is out

yeah bulldozer and piledriver was considerably cheaper than intel yet no one bought them

i guess amd used black magic on ryzen

>that entire assembly is still only $50 more than the i5 and it doesn't even come with a cooler

And because Intel is shit

you are welcome!

Attached: samsung-logo-191-1.jpg (400x210, 11K)

retard

Attached: lolwut.jpg (1920x4680, 2.84M)

Why are you buying Flare X? Ryzen 2 takes almost all 3200 ram models.

>$30 difference

Biggest asspull ever. It's more like 40% price increase from 2400 to 3200,

Nah, i5 8400 has sad performance even when run out of tdp spec with mce

Lmao. E for effort son.

What the fuck is that picture supposed to prove?
The B-die RAM has 8-9ns true latency.

>GPU bottleneck

Attached: 1540071241536.png (1400x122, 33K)

The shittiest intel has better single core performance than the most expensive Ryzen.

How do AMDrones feel knowing that despite their 24/7 shilling, absolutely no one buys their shit?

imagine being too retarded to oc cheap shit ddr4 2400 to 3000+

Attached: s1bxjwvk6xkz.jpg (640x629, 52K)

Imagine getting BSODs every hour because you didn't want to spend the extra 100 dollars on an intel.

I'm not even gonna post the screencap from Amazon, this bait is so low energy

so you are too retarded?

Imagine I spend money less on CPU and get a better GPU while performance is the same with overpriced incel.

You can compensate for a bad GPU by lowering the graphics.

You can't compensate for a bad CPU.

> *NEW* Memory timings don't matter

>same performance
>compensate

No matter how many GPU bottlenecked charts you post, AMD will never be close to Intel.

>no yaab for arma 3
>GPU bound games all over the place
The state of cpu benchmarks.

Yes, because AMD is already far better than incel.

>m-muh gpu bottlenecks
The last wails of that dying breed on Intlel shill, he makes the claim as if the vast majority of games arent GPU bottlenecked nowadays.

Nobody plays aots, and it's benchmarks are always included, but a game that many people play is excluded.

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (637x358, 79K)

Attached: how-times-change.png (605x1466, 584K)

>yaab
who even cares about it since its always randomly placing props?

Your argument is flawed because that would imply that any Intel=enough and any AMD=not enough. You're also implying that every single video/graphics option setting will only affect GPU performance. This is not the case. So yes, you can compensate for a bad CPU. Overclocking is another way. You can easily use up the remaining GPU power you might have by upping the resolution, for example.
Zen is already within a few % IPC of Intel CPUs, and Zen's will continue to grow, unlike Intel it seems. This feat in itself is incredible, considering how everything is optimized for Intel CPUs by developers, or sabotaged by Intel themselves. Beating them at their own game is a big blow, and they've been sweating for a year now. I see you're sweating, too.

If those are the only games that you play than you should just have gotten a console.

More people play (still play) that game than ashes of the singularity, so including that benchmark makes more sense then aots.
YAAB also gives people a better understanding on how the game will perform on their system.

Overclocking doesn't do shit.

Post CPU bound benchmarks.

yaab is unrealistic piece of shit and nothing more
no one will ever play on any scenario this mod puts the pc