What went wrong with Nvidia?

As of today, 6 months of value has been wiped off of Nvidia's stock.
AMD is at 250% what they were 6 months ago.

What went wrong?

Attached: firefox_2018-10-24_04-30-30.png (928x605, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ZigguratVertigo/status/977225599805669376
blogs.unity3d.com/2018/03/29/amd-radeon-rays-integrated-into-unitys-gpu-progressive-lightmapper/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1060ti

Attached: 1417872268072-0.png (326x383, 12K)

I don't know, maybe releasing overpriced graphic cards with more or less the same performance than the last generation and with features that don't actually work today.
That or rebranding 5 times the same cards with different memories.

God damn, I hope Nvidia goes under soon.
Intel and AMD can duke it out in both the CPU and GPU space.

Pretty much just RTX, because no launch titles.

Perfect time to buy, since almost all major AAA titles are going to utilize it and show what it can do.

Next gen Nvidia is going to bomb with this tech, it's a major change and no sane developer isn't going to use it.

RTX is pretty fundamental change and considering patents and early choke hold, I'd say Nvidia are going to dominate this tech path for a while.

investment banks downgraded price targets. i dont know why everyone on Jow Forums looks for technological or remotely pragmatic reasons for these things, boomer wall street types have absolutely no idea about any of it. they judge """"""value"""""" based on 300 word news articles, gut feelings and groupthink.

yea boi gimme dat silky smooth 20 fps at 1080p

Progress is progress, you have to start somewhere you dumb fuck. Consider the fact that FIVE $3,000 Titan V cards can't ray trace as much as a single $1,200 2080 Ti. That and AMD can't even do 20 seconds per frame for tray tracing. Yes I said seconds per frame.

Why do you people always want to complain when tech is advancing?

nvidia stock is massively overinflated thats what happened and now it seems its getting corrected slow enough not to cause the leather jacket man to burn like a gtx 590

we already debunked that shit from the pico devs themself...
they literally said one 1080ti was able to render their demo but nvidia wanted them to use the DGX

and this was 7 months BEFORE the release of the rtx now we know why nvidia said that bullshit

>progress
>doesnt look any better than the fake lighting options we use now

its not progress if its worthless as shit m8

>tech is advancing
>using raymarching from 2008
Choose one

AMD is going to drop HARD

When do quarterly earnings come out each quarter?
Did they come out?
Maybe sales are down and expenses are up?

>tracelet cope

Shouldn't have bought that 1080ti m8

lmao SEEEEEEEEETHING.

ill be sticking with my gtx 1080 for another gen since its still capable of modern gaymen

>can't sustain exponential growth
>must be something wrong with the company

Attached: 1537978063737.png (817x891, 32K)

>This totally isn't going to end up like physX

>no raytracing
>modern gaymen

cool

>physX
Dumbard here. Please explain...?

New gen just doesn't sell as good as expected
>but the pre-orders sold out
Every pre-order sells out these days. They keep the initial supply low exactly for that reason.

oh no i wont get (insert meme tech here)

like i give a fuck nigga im playing counter strike 1.6 at 1000fps

>cope

ah the never ending shillness
twitter.com/ZigguratVertigo/status/977225599805669376
good luck trying to debunk this

Should I drop it even more?

AMD's third quarter earnings are due anytime now.

meanwhile amd doesnt need fluff and puff to annc a new feature they just slapped on game engines because IT WORKS

blogs.unity3d.com/2018/03/29/amd-radeon-rays-integrated-into-unitys-gpu-progressive-lightmapper/

>RTX is pretty fundamental change and considering patents and early choke hold, I'd say Nvidia are going to dominate this tech path for a while.

>pay out of your ass for the glorious 2080ti
>Play games with RTX 1080p 40FPS
Nobody is going to actually do that.
RTX did not deliver any playable performance, at least not in this generation.

This is just like Fury X that was marketed as a 4K gpu when literally nothing could sensibly play games @ 4K and they were boasting their whooping 30 fps.

Nobody is going to play at 30 fps lol

I mean, does it work just like *this*

Attached: hahaha.png (1440x757, 723K)

>They keep the initial supply low exactly for that reason.
Wonder how their yields look, considering the fuckhuge die sizes they're working with now

You just repeated what I said..

There is no games yet, but every goddam dev is trying to take advantage of these rt cores.
Because ray tracing is cool and we want more of it.

Next guestion is, how can AMD do this software side..

>every goddam dev
At a maximum, it'll be 3 games per year, and it'll peter out.

What are you smoking?
All major games do ray tracing and it's expensive on the gpu. All games want to do it more, but can't.

Ray tracing cores are the future get with the times.

bitconnect 2

I have absolutely no reason to believe this will be any different than meme-garbage like PhysX or HairWorks.
Not that I actually give two fucks about /v/garbage. Nvidia can go fuck themselves.

>FIVE $3,000 Titan V cards can't ray trace as much as a single $1,200 2080 Ti
Confirmed retard.
RTX doesn't do the same type of raytracing that everyone has already been doing for years, it just takes 1 sample per pixel and corrects it using predictive shit on the Tensor Cores. The Titan V has Tensor Cores too, so you should be able to implement the same shit and get similar or better results now that you aren't comparing chairs and apples.

nvidia are crooks. They're charging more money for better cards (better than previous models). But this is wrong. The prices should stay the same each year. If a card was a breaking milestone then people with get away with it. But this is not the case.

>meme-garbage like PhysX
>PhysX
Let me guess, you have no idea what physx does, do you?
It's a physics library, that even unity uses.
All unity games most likely use physx.
It has been that way for ages, it's not some Nvidia only thing.
You can accelerate physx on GPU, even on AMD.

Now sometime nvidia comes up with a new extension like HairWorks, which isn't optimized at all for AMD and they even include HW designs around it. Sure that sucks, but PhysX doesn't deserve the label it gets.

PhysX is a library that _everyone_ uses, because it's A. good B. fast even on the CPU.

Your stock isnt getting pumped faggot

Attached: 1454039405929.png (808x805, 49K)

Over the last 6 months:
>NVDA is slightly lagging behind the S&P500
>NVDA is lagging behind the IT Sector
>NVDA is beating the Semiconductor Industry
What went wrong with the entire economy?

Attached: Untitled.png (931x345, 21K)

>AMD is at 250% what they were 6 months ago

????

>more or less the same performance than the last generation

Improvement of 31% at 4K
Improvement of 23% at 1440p

I'm not excusing their price increase, just saying that 'more or less' is a bit wrong

Attached: 2080ti vs 1080ti 4K.jpg (1276x593, 62K)

Attached: 2080ti vs 1080ti 1440p.jpg (1275x598, 56K)

the problem is that 1080ti could reach 4k 60 fps for quite a few titles, and most if you don't just blindly put ultra preset
also even the 2080ti cant run 60 fps on some weirdly optimized titles such as shadow of the tomb raider or deus sex
but i guess if you really want to squeeze in that 4k 60 fps without compromise you can justify the massive price increase i guess

Attached: 4k-gaming.png (602x642, 214K)

>amd beating both nvidia and intel
Is this final proof that indians are the ultimate master race?

>t.rajneesh

That chart is with what GPU? But regardless, I don't even consider the 1080ti to be a true 1440p card, let alone 4K.

It can do alright for medium-high settings at 4K with acceptable fps, but not all, and most importantly, not all games.

The 2080ti is the first acceptable settings 4K card, but with any application and it's unique optimizations, their will always be outliers.

Goytracing happened but it seems the goy investors don't dig the gay tracing.

You must be over 18 to post here.

>You can accelerate physx on GPU, even on AMD.

good laugh mate

He said he was a dumbard not underage you illiterate fuck.

Mining bubble finally burst like everyone said it would. For a company as fuckhuge as nvidia it was merely a blip in the whole picture, they will do just fine and keep steadily growing as they always have. But amd... look at where they were at the end of 2017, they're crashing, hard, and they too will return to their normal price. If they grew 250% then it just means they're going to shrink 250% and annihilate anyone who bought stock recently. There's going to be a lot of dead men once this is over.

All the reviewers out there are hating on and criticizing nvidia for the GTX 20 series pricing. They keep saying who would buy this, but you know what they're not saying? They're not saying to buy AMD. Not a single person out there is saying buy AMD because AMD doesn't have an answer. They do not even compete with the 10 series properly. Nvidia is going to clean house this season by selling last gen tech at full MSRP.

Nvidia's game plan hasn't changed; they develop and release high end features at a high markup which are always poorly received and yet slowly diffuse into the industry and trickle down their product lines. They take the first shot every time and force ATI/AMD to respond thereby diverting valuable development resources from a tiny company and ultimately controlling the direction that the industry grows in. They have this shit down to a science.

Attached: goym.jpg (810x1029, 118K)

>Nobody is going to play at 30 fps lol
Console players do it every day and they're happy.
Why can't you?

>4 == 3.5
Yeah no thanks

>BUY GPU
>BE YOUR OWN BANK
>MINE CRYPTO
>BUY GPU
>JUST BUY IT
>RAY TRACING JUST WORKS
>IT JUST WORKS
>EVERYTHING JUST WORKS.

Stocks nvidia grow 10 times in 4 years, nvidia begin heavy overvalue over income/profit reports, new RTX gpus get productions issues plus new China Taxes.

Nvidia want replace CPU for a lot tasks in very hugh grow or high profit markets but still dont happens