verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited

Defend this.

Attached: Trash .jpg (588x951, 144K)

Move to a country that doesn't suck

>Premium Unlimited Data (22GB)
How is this legal

>Unlimited Mobile Hotspot(15 GB)

Attached: 2077506.jpg (1196x806, 200K)

I guess it's okay deal if you don't use much internets.

Same with unlimited data is around $25 here.

ITs practically unlimited goy, no one uses that much and if you do, you are disrupting other users and we will cut you off!

Remove yourself from the surface of the planet.

its because you have unlimited data you just only get a certain amount at actually usable speeds

next time you pay your cell phone bill thank obama for net neutrality because thats the only reason Why It's a Good Thing

>HD-Quality Streaming (720p)
What does that even mean? Is it so slow that it won't be able to stream Full-HD(tm)?

It means you’re restricted by Verizon to certain bitrates so you don’t use too much bandwidth.
Full HD streaming only $10/month!

Attached: D73603A0-1E44-41C4-80BB-FFB2F0B3FEF5.jpg (674x1017, 253K)

How would they even do that?
Literally any streaming site sends their data over SSL. It's not like they can just intercept that.

>How is this legal
It's illegal to advertise it as "unlimited".
... in based EU, that is.

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png (1200x800, 26K)

The contents is encrypted but the endpoints are known. They can just throttle any traffic to YouTube's network.

>beyond unlimited
>unlimited (22GB)
>unlimited (15GB)
... what?

Free speech 1st amendment, commie

Attached: 1502988695998.jpg (960x720, 254K)

>get unlimited plan
>tether to computer
>get half way through downloading super call of halo extreme 4
>you're outta bandwidth, faggot!

So, they basically just throttle the bandwidth to YouTube and hope that it's enough for 720p but too little for 1080p?

Either that or they have a special arrangement with YouTube and the throttling is done on the web server itself

It's TECHNICALLY still unlimited, you're free to download the rest at 56kb/s! See, it's not false advertisement when you still have connection!

It's just an extensive plan. I pay $20 in the U.S. for unlimited everything. I just go through a smaller carrier.

>unlimited everything
So you can download 20 TB / month over 4G and they won't throttle you?

You're not supposed to go through actual verizion, get your job to provide a phone or get a local carrier

>Premium unlimited (limited)
Madness
What's hotspot data?

>unlimited
>until you reach the bandwidth limit, then we limit your speed

No it's throttled, but who the fuck uses that much mobile data anyway?
Use WiFi faggots!

>its because you have unlimited data you just only get a certain amount
Hmmm

>unlimited everything
>it's throttled
They really got you.

Attached: brainwash-logo-big1.jpg (1850x2536, 1.6M)

Just moved to the US. Help. Why is everything expensive as shit over here? Sim-only plans for 3/4 GB cost like 50 bucks, which cost me 10 quick back in the UK. What gives?

Dumb goy, the TRAFFIC is unlimited, we merely give you a bit more speed for the first 15 gigs out of the goodness of our hearts. Bandwidth is a limited resource, you know.

inflation and high income.

Truly unlimited 4G is 80€/month in Germany
without any throttling

Technically it is, and that's how they sort of skimp the law. It's 15gb of data at 4g speeds as they say, then unlimited data at a much lower rate (i.e. 2mbps or whatever the provider "caps" it at) same story we used to have in Australia with data caps on broadband (i.e. 200gb of quota a month, if going over, capped to 256kbps until the next month). We have the same thing in Australia, with providers like Vodaphone doing the same (30/45gb of data at 4g speeds followed by "unlimited" at 1mbps). The courts tried to have a go at them for going against consumer law but they followed it to a T, it's unfortunately legal to do shit like that, but definitely not liked by Australian courts. With home connections and unlimited here it's a different story, unlimited means unlimited, and most providers will only throttle if you're truly using a lot (i.e. 3TB+ is where they start to get annoyed but usually will only throttle people trying to use 6+).

Also market not being competitive

They give you 22GB unthrottled. After that, you risk throttling. There’s no data charge though. It’s really scummy but probably legal.

In Australia you get 15gb (some providers offer 45gb as a triple amount for first 12 months with sim-only i.e. Optus) of 4g data a month for $50. That's utterly shit if they only give so little for that much. Even Telstra which is basically the most expensive Telco on the country offers 30gb of 4g for $50 (or 60gb for $60) as there's a reasonable amount of competition here.

Y-You Euro guys are s-so dumb. You SETTLE for an ORDINARY UNLIMITED Plan.
W-we in AM-MERICA have gone BEYOND UNLIMITED™ (((22GB))). Its just better, o-ok? they told us s-so!!!

Attached: 5bc11ab4-dc9f-4ca8-a08e-5c8bb39248c0..jpg (1200x1496, 82K)

Nobody was insulting Europe in this thread

Fucking hell, take it easy sperg. Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed/frustrated/a bit fresh to US prices, but no one's insulting anyone here. Just looking for some input.

So who's the optimal choice for mostly data plans? I clock about 12 minutes call and 7 texts per month on average.

Also, according to , you could get an actual unlimited phone plan in the US for equivalent. T.Mobile or a local provider is your go to.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-24_06-49-31.png (983x546, 159K)

I pay more for only 2gb
Canada sucks balls

that's mobile. nobody gives a shit about phoneposters.

it's called bait.

I pay $5 for unlimited LTE(tethering is forbidden but there are workarounds) but it's grandfathered, our carriers no longer offer such deals.

YOTA?

Yep.

Don't mind me, just an europoor passing by.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 13.59.24.png (816x1446, 953K)

>Unlimited (22GB)
>Unlimited Hotspot (15GB)
The absolute state of american ISPs.

Illiminati confirmed.

I have that. In Germany i would pay 100 euros for this

I have unlimited everything in Croatia for 30$ without throtling

>Premium Unlimited [...] (22 GB)
What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1476288474289.jpg (250x201, 8K)

because they kinda have to? what happens is, after 22GB in one billing cycle, they begin to throttle your speed. If it's anything like T-Mobile, what happens is they will throttle you in a very specific way; on the tower you're connected to, the people who have used less data will get preference, with the remaining bandwidth given to those over their cap. If no one else on your tower is under cap, or there's enough bandwidth on your tower that the remainder bandwidth is enough for you to get full speed, you won't notice a thing.

The reason is simple: population density. There's too many people, too many phones, and not enough bandwidth to go around. If there were less people, or more bandwidth, you'd see "true unlimited" in the USA the way it is in less densely populated countries. Just my region, or wireless market (mid atlantic) has a population just shy of the population of ALL of England.

Except other phone posters

>defend this
why? everyone knows USA prices are fucking retarded. i live in one of the most expensive states you can live in, with the highest density of millionaires per capita (one in 12 households has an annual income in excess of USD$1M with an average household size of 2.61 people), so everything is fucking stupidly expensive. though i am a little confused, as that same plan is a lot cheaper where i live.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 8.13.59 AM.png (1440x900, 1.03M)

true

>that's mobile. nobody gives a shit about phoneposters.
Not everyone with a mobile Internet connection is a filthy phoneposter.

>because they kinda have to?
They "have to" advertise is as unlimited?

>4GB dedicated for Europe
I thought all things standard in a phone contract had to be included for throughout europe?

>Unlimited (22GB)

>>girl (male)

It's the Free Market you stupid fuck
If the market decides they don't like it, they'll stop using it

your country is tiny compared to US.
we also have shitty companies that cost half this if you want meh service.
I am paying $67 a month with verizon so you must truly be retarded.

>not living on winland :D
Only EU roaming got data caps, otherwise unlimited everything.

Attached: 1540245936038.png (1706x1316, 144K)

>If the market just decides to stop using the internet, and mobile phones, then it will all be better. (Because not using it is the only real alternative since all the providers are in cahoots).
Lmaoing @ your opinions

Attached: 1536983477399.jpg (500x514, 27K)

I got 50GB uncapped 200GB capped at 7.2Mbps for less than $5 in China.
Size doesn't really matter.

>advertising unlimited internet as anything less than unlimited

They'd lose out to all of their competitors that say "unlimited" while offering essentially the same service. It IS unlimited. I get that you're a zoomer and aren't old enough to remember actual limited data plans, but what unlimited means is that you can use the internet as much as you want without incurring overage charges. It does not refer to the speed of the internet, merely the amount of data transferred. Before unlimited data plans, you would generally incur a penny-per-kilobyte charge once you exceeded your plan's limit which was usually between 500MB and 2GB. Alternately, you could request a data block once you reached your cap, where data transfers would just fail once you exceeded your plan's limit. Now, if you exceed 22GB on the unlimited plan in OP's image, you don't have to pay an extra penny for every kilobyte, you don't lose your data connection completely. You can still use your data, as much as you want, for the rest of your billing cycle albeit at a slower transfer speed during peak hours. There is no "limit" to the amount of data you can transfer, so it's still an unlimited plan.

A corpcuck defended this.

They mean you have unlimited data, but only the first 22GB used will be at full speed.

Does Verizon not understand the definition of "unlimited"?

sounds more like you don't. there is no limit to the amount of data you can transfer in a month. just the speed at which you can transfer it. "limits" on mobile data have always been, and always will be, in reference to the amount and not the speed. they can't make any guarantees about network speed, so they never will base it on speed.

They're legally allowed to get away with this bullshit because of people like , so they will continue trying to deceive idiots.

>can't make any guarantees about network speed
They can choose to not throttle it, for starters.

dude, I was joking... All American telecoms price rape and data mine their customers. if you read their terms of service, they always find a ways to screw people over.

Attached: c31d7fde-0421-4ca0-a942-39b6ea979065..gif (500x275, 365K)

The point is, there's too many variables when it comes to speed such as signal penetration, too many people on the same tower, etc. That's why they base plans on the amount of data, not the speed. It's literally impossible to promise a set speed to every single user with mobile connections. They can't even really give it at a ridiculously low amount, because someone will come along that spends the most of their time in an office building with shit penetration and doesn't get that speed. So they base it on amount. That's why the overages used to be based on the amount of data, not the speed.

Verizon sucks dick as a wireless carrier, but as a fiber ISP, they're one of the best (and I believe still the largest fiber ISP in the nation)

1gbps internet uncapped locked in price for 3 years. Doesn't get much better than that in the US.

Attached: 2018-10-22 16_03_23.png (424x237, 14K)

>Defend this
I won't.

>UNLIMITED (limit)
This makes me want to die every time. Every single time.

>The reason is simple: population density. There's too many people, too many phones, and not enough bandwidth to go around. If there were less people, or more bandwidth, you'd see "true unlimited" in the USA the way it is in less densely populated countries. Just my region, or wireless market (mid atlantic) has a population just shy of the population of ALL of England.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. The population density of England is much higher than that of the US, at almost 400 people per square mile in the UK compared to less than 100 per square mile in the USA. Even looking at cities, only New York has a denser population than London. The problem isn't your infrastructure, it's that your citizens come second to corporations in your twisted idea of "freedom".

It doesn't change the fact that they claim it to be some "premium unlimited" plan and then put a data cap right next to it. It doesn't matter if you're still technically connected when you can't use your connection to it's full potential anymore. Only a brainwashed corporate drone can think that "unlimited" and "past 15 gigs your internet will slow down to crawl" can coexist in a single plan, it's false advertisement, plain and simple.

I mean, it's mainly because of population density AND lack of population density.

The US has some VERY densely populated areas, as well as entire states thousands of miles square, where you have less people in the entire state than live inside a single 5 mile area of new york city.

The amount of money that would be required to reasonably hook up all areas of the country with decent fiber backbone capacity would be enormous. We'd be looking at literally hundreds of billions of dollars. And that's BEFORE you even look at last mile connections. We simply can't afford to hook EVERYONE up to fiber, especially the people who live in the middle of nowhere. The money spent on infrastructure would never be recouped by those who are using it.

So verizon is both the good guys AND the bad guys?

What the fuck america.

As with anything, the name of the company/brand means jack shit. "Verizon wireless" has NOTHING to do with "Verizon" other than shared equity/funds.

Just like if your family spends centuries making a brand only for me to come and buy the name and change everything. This is probably the most important (and unfortunate) reason that consumers must always remain diligent and analyze services and products continuously.

I think it's 2gb standard.

Yeah I use 130 GB this month so far with my atnt phone

Because you keep voting republicans.

Nah, surely they're only doing it because there is too much regulation, if we just let them fuck us however we want without ANY regulation, SURELY it'll be cheaper and better.

In the long run it will be - after the total collapse of the nation and the invasion of China they will eabt quick and efficient surveillance.