>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superceded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1480026014540.png (1010x1008, 1.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1p9lySsrYcw
m.newegg.com/products/2AM-0057-00003
pcpartpicker.com/list/z4sY8Y
pcpartpicker.com/list/XfpgKB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WD or Seagate?

HGST

>I need a new PC for college, mainly for CAD, programming, PS, video editing and some gaming

Attached: 1540142095895.png (1200x1200, 1.06M)

HGST is now WD.

Is there a way to mount a AIO liquid cooler in a pci slot or a 5.25'' bay?

What's happening with the next GPU cycle? I know the next/new 2000's are a joke, but is AMD putting out anything worth jumping up to from a GTX 1060 6GB (aiming to go 1440p to 4k driving multiple monitors, not all at that resolution though).

toshiba (x300)

I recently bought a 4k display and would like to play DS3 and Anno 1404 with maximum quality settings in native resolution.

What would suffice for that?

Thinking about:

Ryzen 2500
Radeon 580

Not yet sure if 32GB RAM is necessary. Alt tabbing is really annoying currently (with 16gb) but it could be due to the resolution change.

My lad bought an rtx 2080 unironically, how hard should I bully him?

Why would only having 16GB of RAM interfere with alt tabbing

maybe it has to swap from hdd or similar. its slow as fuck every time (when i alt tab from a game)

Unknown friend. My guess will be new information in Q1 2019 for a mid year release at the earliest. If you want to game on multiple 4K monitors you can do it with SLI RTX cards but it's going to cost a ridiculous amount.

16GB is more than enough and more won't affect what you described. 580 8GB would be the minimum for what you want but it'd probably do those games at 60 fps.

praise him for his smart decision for replacing his horribly outdated graphics card. then buy it from him for pocket change and have a chuckle

Well unfortunately he was replacing a 960 so I wont be buying that trash over an rx 580/590

Which screen should I get, Jow Forums?

Attached: 132443324.jpg (991x147, 41K)

you can never have enough old gpus

>tfw nobody but noctua uses good colors instead insisting on idiotic designs and mtn dew/monster energy colors
I'm so fucking sick of PC components looking like hot wheels cars. It's obviously not a big deal since you don't actually have to look at it pretty much ever, but is there really no market for good looking parts?
We have decent looking mices by Zowie, Logitech and even gamurr brands like steelseries/corsair/hyperx etc. have their fair share of non-retarded designs. We have keyboards by Leopold/Ducky/Vortex, even fucking coolermaster ones look fine yet most GPUs/mobos/coolers/cases all look like toys

Attached: asus_rog_strix_x299_e_gaming_1344747.jpg (2500x2500, 742K)

How important is the QVL for RAM nowadays, would there be massive issues in getting RAM that's not 'specially picked' for AMD?

Would I be an absolute madman if I bought two different monitors for gayman, one at 1080p 144hz for muh esports and one at 1440p 75hz for eye candy games?

>maybe it has to swap from hdd or similar. its slow as fuck every time (when i alt tab from a game)
What. RAM has nothing to do with that shit, if you're running out of RAM your applications will be dead or crashing, not slow to alt tab. I have two screens on a machine I recently upgraded from a potato to a modern rig for development, and the one old Acer takes a year in between alt tabbing from fullscreen games (which I assume is your issue) to the Desktop, meanwhile the newer Benq I have is nearly instantaneous. This behaviour was identical between potato and modern rig.
Do a bit more research on what the stuff you're looking at does before dropping several hundred dollars on shit.

why not just buy a 144hz 1440p monitor? or do you want a tn for gaming and ips for cinematic experiences

Basically any major brand DDR4 works on any mobo nowadays. QVL means it's been testet by the vendor.
It may be harder to OC the RAM or do other stuff though, but generally just go for any popular company and you're 99.99% likely to be fine. Before purchase I'd try and google about specific model incompatibility with your mobo but chances are very low

Can any 2600 be just as good as a 2600x?

hnnng those noctuas

open you case, take a pic

>Best VRM configuration of any ATX B450 motherboard
WRONG.

depends on silicon lottery. also, you lose pbo, but for the price, 2600 is good enough

Well that's my retarded train of thought at least, I alternate between trying to play competitive games like say overwatch, and more story driven games like the witches, so maybe it makes sense to have a monitor for both.

I havent built mine yet but all the research I did into the 2600 before I bought it indicates you could get similar results through overclocking to the base 2600x, just maybe not exactly the same performance.

>good colours
>poo brown
Ah yes.

>guys zen 2 is compatable with b350 we swear
>upgrade to a r5 2600
>update bios
>xmp for ram breaks
>overclocking the cpu causes me to have to boot twice past a "we had problems booting check your overclock settings" even though tests say its stable
>whoops it's not actually stable when you put a CPU that can turbo up to 3.6ghz to 3.8ghz
Are all b350 motherboards like this when it comes to zen2 or just gigabyte?

Not exactly the right thread but should I put the thermal paste on the pads or the chips?

Attached: Screenshot_20181024-142556.jpg (1080x1920, 1.42M)

>guys zen 2 is compatable with b350 we swear
Ah, a nice meme, but that implies the motherboards aren't SHIT and that you actually want to keep them around.

Attached: 1539801012445.gif (332x332, 2.07M)

Seagate

2070 preorder or 1080? Theyre about the same price.

Attached: 1539929092354.jpg (882x960, 76K)

based

2070, nvidia's gonna gimp the 1080 really soon

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 WINDFORCE 8G?

What's the cheapest CPU I can get to run emulators for older gaymes? PS2 and older.

Ryzen 3 should run PS2

Ryzen 5 1600 still good in 2018? Paired with a 1080 ti.

it's only marginally slower than a 2600

No.

Is a 2700x the last good option if you want to use win7? Do we know if we'll be able to install 7 on future releases?

I want to upgrade my GTX 960 and 1080p monitor to something like 1070Ti and 1440p monitor, but will my old Core i5-6500 be enough for 60fps AAA games on medium-high details?

8700k does work on win7 just fine sans iGP.

Not like an A6 though?

So there is basically no diference between a 1060 and 580 right

580 isnt on the gimping block, so theres that

>Republic of gaymers rise up

Yeah, everything is edgy gamer and rgb.

One of these days I'll saw a baby chair for backseats for sale and it reminded me so much of gaymers chairs that I lost my shit laughing by myself like an idiot.

Attached: qual-a-melhor-cadeira-para-auto.jpg (1000x1000, 46K)

On average there's basically no difference. On a game per game basis there could be a massive difference though so just check out the games you'll be playing the most. Popular games like PUBG, Assassins Creed, Fortnite, GTAV for example run much better on Nvidia hardware simply because Nvidia invests loads into optimizing these games a lot of people play. Other titles like some DX12 titles run better on AMD hardware (most DX12 "ports" are complete garbage and run better in DX11 though) and basically every single Vulkan title runs better on AMD hardware.
For emulation or older DX9 games Nvidia tends to run better because of much better OGL support (which most emulators use for the most accurate emulation e.g. PCSX2) but some support Vulkan and if they do it basically brings AMD up to the same performance as Nvidia with OGL.

I'd personally go for the 1060 because (where I live anyway) it's cheaper and also uses much less power than the RX580 which can use as much power as a GTX 1080. If you have a capable 550/600w+ PSU you can't go wrong with either though. Both are very good 1080p 60 FPS capable GPUs. Check out this 27 game benchmark:

youtu.be/1p9lySsrYcw

AMD says Am4 at least until Zen3 or something, so the only problem could be chipset driver and if what they promise is true you will be able to use Zen4 with Win7

Go with some under $100 Pentium or even 40 bucks C2D if that is your only aim.

Gigabyte is shit, get ANUS.
And if you want to OC get a relevant mobo aka X470 instead of being a cheapass.

I am not an Intel fan but the decision to charge a premium for unlocked CPU and allowing overclocking only on OC chipset is actually wise

wd, dont bother with failgate

Why is canyourunit implying an 8100 is weaker than a 4340

Attached: Untitled.jpg (394x274, 35K)

the only good looking cards are the blower ones. sadly they're trash

Attached: asus.jpg (725x507, 65K)

Not a very accurate site

They have their use cases. A blower card in a very small case will help your temps noticeably.

> good looking
Agreed. The GTX 10th series had a pretty sexy reference design without that dumb gamer aesthetics.

Is there anything inherently wrong with using 16GB DDR4 DIMMs? Everyone seems to like 8GB DIMMs but that means if I ever want more than 32GB I have to rebuy RAM.

2070 is 499 usd, worth adding to OP?

I have a Fractal Define Meshify C. Is 2 140mm intakes in the front and one 120mm exhaust in the back good enough for cooling?

My nvme pc boots in under 15 seconds even when I'm coming out of hibernation where i was using almost all of my memory, nvme drives are really not that much more expensive than sata ssd's and they are ideally used for a boot drive.

The only downside to using pcie ssd's right now is shitty, shitty driver support, which everyone is working on.

I disagree with the OP, But mostly from a technical perspective.

The rtx cards shouldn't even be considered until the rtx support comes out imho

WD

How can I stop my friend from getting (what I think is) a dumb case - Should I just let him?
Theres just so much better at that price
m.newegg.com/products/2AM-0057-00003

I have this setup but in Define C (same thing but solid front). It's more than enough to cool the shit inside (I use poo fans pictured in the OP).

Me want stream/game. Me play on 240hz monitor in 1080p. Me want know which CPU and GPU to get.

Attached: Primitive_Sponge.png (360x450, 76K)

But if it performs better than a 1080 at minor cost increase why not

cool thanks

What's very small, mATX?

Read the OP.
I keep saying this

>hellmans
lost

Even shillware unboxed made a video saying 1070Ti is best value for 1440p.

Time to remove pooga from OP once and for all. Stop baiting people into buying shit products.
I bet the namefag will ignore this because he's a desperate shill even though he's boyfriend steve says otherwise :)

I'm in the market to build a new pc, is now a good time or is it worth waiting a month for BF/CM?

How big are the savings on pc components around that time usually?

PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/z4sY8Y

$2000 USD budget

spoonfeed me please, ordering tonight.

The other problem I notice is seeing 2-3 different OPs, one amd shill, one Intel shill, and one mixed

>My nvme pc boots in under 15 seconds even when I'm coming out of hibernation where i was using almost all of my memory
Jokes on you, it takes 3-5 seconds to come out of hibernation for me, and I use a harddrive. Guess you got Nvememed

Attached: 1539224466314.jpg (2436x3248, 862K)

Need a pc for software development/embedded/vms and medium gaming.

I kinda want to go for ryzen2700x but other than that I'm lost.

pcpartpicker.com/list/XfpgKB
there you go, next time read the op

I didn't say anything about gaming

>one is an AMD shill
The Intlel cucks can keep claiming this, but even though the OP is mostly AMD does not make it a shill. The fact is that a majority of posters have recognized that AMD provides the best value at most performance tiers across both CPUs and GPUs, and so that is what gets recommended the most around here.

Incels and Novidyas will screech if there is more than one AMD in the OP, you just need to filter out their brown noise.

Attached: 1539678681665.png (813x1402, 324K)

Well I mean it's not that much missing really. What's your budget? Medium gaming and VM points to an RX570 gpu, I'd go with 32gb of memory and the storage The rest really just depends on how much more you want to spend.

I don't give a fuck, take it or leave it.

What can I expect from running Zen2 in the future on an X370 board with not that great ram? Basically my mobo would be outdated, so would I have to worry about VRMs being sufficient, my shit memory not gimping the cpu, lack of bios features (like nee precision boost or w/e), mobo vendor patching the bios at all for zen2 support, etc?

I literally said there's an Intel shill as well faggot. What if someone isn't looking for value but raw performance

My new rx580 works like a beauty
But holy shit is it loud af, I knew people said the fans would spin up but this thing is like a hair dryer

Bought a used Samsung 850 Evo. 30TB written. Am I fucked?

And I literally said that the main OP is mostly AMD because it's the best performance per $. If money is no option then you're a very good goy.

What's your card? Mine is Nitro+ and it somewhat quiet even at full load.

PowerColor Red Dragon V2

>if you are rich you are an intel shill
The absolute state of amdniggers everybody

It's okay if amd doesn't offer the best raw performance. It's okay they occupy the value. Look, most people probably want the value. But if you want performance it has to be Intel. Why does that make you a goy? Are you saying if I had the money I should still buy Intel?

Well, no wonder. You got the cheap model after all.

If I had the money for raw performance, I should buy amd***

My LGUD68 is amazing, I don't know the differences from the 58 though.

>performance performance performance
In what, gayms? Only 8700k is worth it. In everything else Ryzen is still superior.

Anybody know which 360mm AIO has the longest hoses?

>if you want performance it has to be intel

>yes yes, good goy, pay us twice as much for **10% additional performance, you dont want to be left in the dust do you??

Attached: 1540242816157.jpg (740x677, 99K)