Why

Why.

Attached: IMG_20181024_211303_097.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

now that's some backlight bleeding

It's scanning your computer to find hateful content and then sending to the FBI servers.

I get the same thing sometimes with Manjaro.
Really annoying.

If I wanted it to take ages to shut down I would have used Windows.

Because you are using freetarded joke of an operating system. Buy a Mac or install Windows

ASSEMBLE

Attached: 7dfd736048387f77d9c218d46d6492be5851ce68.png (2400x2400, 1.3M)

>TFW 55" 4k oled TV's exist
>MFW no oled 1080p monitors exist

Attached: 1537372689885.png (633x758, 272K)

monitor is always batter than TV
>t. linux users cannot into logic
better go fix your toy OS

idk I get that sometimes too, so I just hold the kill switch and then power it back up again

doesn't seem to break anything so whatever

Arch GNU / Linux doesn't have this problem.

Sony PVM. Enjoy, fren.

Attached: 1536780117205.jpg (1280x721, 176K)

No. It's an Lenovo tier TN panel. Shit inverts at the slightest angle.

But it do

The fact that Linux fucks up this easily is why I stick with Windows. Nobody knows how to fix or diagnose this.

Because systemd.

This, linus is a bottom dwelling rat tier OS.

I stick to Microsoft 10 Pro, the OS of the elite

>Why.
Because that's how systemd works, duh.

>Linux fucks up this easily
But it's working as intended. It's waiting for a job to complete and exit cleanly. If it gets a timeout it assumes failure and kills it.
>Nobody knows how to fix or diagnose this
Bullshit, fuck off brainlet

Mine machine doesn't. Should it?

Attached: snapshot_19.38_[2016.07.28_03.51.29].png (1920x1080, 3.69M)

>Lenovo tier TN panel
My work ThinkPad must have one of those. The static contrast is bad enough, but at any practical working distance the viewing angles leave at least a third of the screen unreadable.
It's not very bright either: The lights in the meeting rooms leave the screen looking pretty dim at its max setting.
Why is this shit allowed?

>But it's working as intended

Im telling the system to shutdown and it starts waiting for some botnet respons? Transfering the last data to the FBI?

Literally KEKED by the kernel. Ill rather use a system that im in control of

Careful, now every sperg in a 100 mile radius is going to tell you linux has no problems and if it does then it's the user's fault.

>waiting for some botnet respons
Internal unit management is botnet, alright. Stop doing the weed, man. It's bad for you. Don't believe the jews.
>Ill rather use a system that im in control of
So you wanna switch to BSD? That's great, I approve.

Linux looks very interesting, even if some of the screen colours and menu options appear to be a little out of the ordinary.

But you are missing a vital point, a point which takes some experience and depth of knowledge in the field of computers. You see, when a computer boots up, it needs to load various drivers and then load various services. This happens long before the operating system and other applications are available.

Linux is a marvellous operating system in its own right, and even comes in several different flavours. However, as good as these flavours are, they first need Microsoft Windows to load the services prior to use.

In Linux, the open office might be the default for editing your wordfiles, and you might prefer ubuntu brown over the grassy knoll of the windows desktop, but mark my words young man - without the windows drivers sitting below the visible surface, allowing the linus to talk to the hardware, it is without worth.

And so, by choosing your linux as an alternative to windows on the desktop, you still need a windows licence to run this operating system through the windows drivers to talk to the hardware. Linux is only a code, it cannot perform the low level function.

My point being, young man, that unless you intend to pirate and steal the Windows drivers and services, how is using the linux going to save money ? Well ? It seems that no linux fan can ever provide a straight answer to that question !

May as well just stay legal, run the Windows drivers, and run Office on the desktop instead of the linus.

>Linux is a marvellous operating system
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

> But it's working as intended.
Lemme tell you a story. Debian testing on a portable HDD, I set it up, unplugged from a laptop and threw into a backpack. Some time later, I decide to boot it up and test something. It bootloops because the /etc/fstab share became inaccessible, since the disk from my laptop isn't there anymore. What does systemd do? It waits 90 seconds on mount, then fails, refusing to mount everything else down the list, including /, then tries to drop me into an initrd shell, tells me that root account is locked (I set up sudo and didn't give root a password), offers to press enter and then repeats previous two steps infinitely.
This is an entire different story, I know. Just wanted to vent about systemd before going to bed.

>using enterprise-grade init/service management on a consumer desktop
We try to teach them, we try to warn them, but they just won't listen...

Attached: 1524130992953.jpg (326x273, 68K)

It’s called the Linux effect
Try the distribution again in 2 months, and see if anyone patched the issue
Or, you could get a proffesional OS, like windows

>sudo reboot

YOU ARE A FAG WHO DID SOME DUMB SHIT LIKE MAYBE SCREWED UP YOUR FSTAB OR STARTED SERVICES INCORRECTLY I DON'T KNOW MAYBE READ A MAN PAGE

Incorrect dependency in systemd and shitty code monkeys.

yeah its annoying, im pretty sure theres a way to tell it to shutdown anyway
although i dont have it as an issue so idk

I kekd a little. Thanks for sharing.

>Or, you could get a proffesional OS, like windows
An OS that deletes your home directory and overwrites the blocks in an update process. An OS that decides to reset your custom settings for default applications whenever it pleases. An OS that fucks with your audio settings all the time. An OS that has two control panels with unique settings. An OS that sends all sorts of information to Pajeetsoft HQ with no option to disable it. The list goes on forever. That is indeed some next level professionalism right there. Whew.

Attached: 1535658726800.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Told you

>3.7 MiB PNG
You need to fix this. Right now.

Attached: 1525461040269.jpg (159x164, 8K)

here's one with higher information density, but lossy

Attached: 8d167e7e-7839-433f-c3ff-0c8bfb41b2e9.jpg (3840x2160, 1012K)

Because you thought avoiding systemd was a meme.

If you log out of the account into the login screen, then shut down, this doesn't happen. Yeah it sucks but it works. Fucking ridiculous that this bug has been around for so long btw. Cany you imagine if Windows or MacOS did this? There would be riots in the streets.

>here's one with higher information density
What the fuck, no. Just because you doubled the pixels from the original doesn't mean you gained any extra information

Gentoo (and any other sensible distro that does not use systemd) does not have this issue. Stop using poetteringware.

I didn't just "double the pixels": It was being zoomed using deep convolutional neural networks trained on anime.

Pic related is another example.

Attached: haha yes_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale_tta_1.png (1440x1440, 883K)

To bad that is basically has no effect when the picture is already blurry and upscaled, like that school days shot.

I happy with the results

Attached: 1528263934790_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale_tta_1_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale_tta_1_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale (3000x3000, 1.64M)

>enterprise-grade
kek

This is pretty easy to fix.

Who else would need such an all-encompassing monolith for controlling everything...

and if it consistently pulls a stop job timeout you can check your shit by logging out, tty1 and systemd-cgls look for services still running from your session.

>1:30 timeout
if something takes longer than 20 seconds (and that's generous, I was going to say 10) to close, it's fucked
a minute and a half timeout is way more than overkill

>windows
>professional
even ignoring the whole recent deleting files issue, Windows Update has been a total pile of shit for over a decade now with no sign of it getting fixed and actually doing things at a reasonable speed