Jelly Bean Interface

Does anyone else miss the old interface that came with jelly bean android? I feel like now the android interface is lacking in detail and depth, similar to what also happened to iphone. I remember joking in the past that the interface changes they made were closer to what a kindergartner would have made, rather than an actual developer.

Attached: jelly bean and kitkat homescreen.jpg (1126x1056, 523K)

They look exactly the same.

Attached: Screenshot_2011-11-17-22-19-53.png (240x400, 21K)

I just found it online and let it also be added to the thread. Meaning the kitkat update is basically the same but what isn't the same is this...

also a good looking interface. though a bit lacking in features, due to it being ice cream

Attached: Android_P_9.0_screenshot.png (237x421, 88K)

It's all the material meme design and diversity hires.

True, but now it has advanced to something even worse than before. Now it looks like nobody has a clue in what they are doing.

"Innovation" for the sake of innovation. How else would you remind the masses that you still need good ol google to update their spyware for you?

Gingerbread was pure kino

Attached: droid_gingerbread.png (506x966, 364K)

hmm, even the entire system icon color scheme was changed in kitkat. So I even im not sure if they took the right direction since that android update

Attached: gray1000.jpg (1336x541, 251K)

Android has gotten worse since 4.4.4. Every release since then has obscured settings, placed restrictions on the function of the phone, and just sucked dick.

I dont know why they have to change it constantly. Seems largely like a waste of effort.

I guess they have to look different each time to be unique or something. But personally, they could at least give the option to go back to the older interface. More importantly stick to one interface, build on it, and have it as a backup for a more stable release.

Attached: apppicker3.jpg (1673x1038, 355K)

Right is cramped and has ugly icons. Left is much better.

No.

No no no. No It wasn't. Android UI was pure trash until the ICS overhaul.

How is it cramped though? There's barely any difference between the two. What is the few pixels really going to make a HUGE difference?

Ahh, Jelly Bean. Now that was a neat version.

Honeycomb was the shit.

My phone still runs on that shit and i can guarantee you i won't miss it once i have upgraded.

I miss all pre-8 versions I think. :(

I dig Samsung's take on Oreo. It feels a lot like older Android versions without looking horribly dated.

Attached: Screenshot_20181024-211053_Samsung Experience Home.jpg (1440x2960, 2.01M)

Lollipop was the beginning of the end. That and ending the Nexus program for those stupid overpriced Pixel phones.

Sadly they copied the iPhone.

Why? Besides the fact that some applications will stop working in jelly bean and some of the actual benefits of future versions will never come to jelly bean.

Unless your phone has a manufacturers skin over it?

jelly bean sucks period

Attached: Screenshot_20181024-214816.png (720x1280, 1.24M)

UI smoothness mostly. I'm an AOSP dev, over the past 4 years, starting with LP, we've been working on interface reactivity and smoothness. Although I prefer the old design paradigms myself, material is more user friendly and more reactive. You know exactly how the interface is going to react prior to doing anything. It was all in a push from big boss to be more Apple like. Your grandma should be able to use it. It started off well, with our teams analyzing iOS reactivity and implementing some new animators in KK. It absorbed the new more modern design in LP but was still fine. Recently team lead has been on an autistic fit about screen readability and nuking dark themes and shit for the white eye sore we have now. "Be more like iOS" is a thing often said. A modern dark+blue material would be great, but most dark theme stuff rarely passes through code review. Most third party things like Substratum actually came from various rejected AOSP code.

>not using a different launcher

Windows Phone 7 had the flat UI down years before apple/google, still looks better than google's flat ui

Attached: dims[1].jpg (600x379, 120K)

You still here? Are you in Pasadena CA or TX?

In terms of user friendly I don't see too much that isn't already in jelly bean. Now in terms of reactiveness that is something I can agree upon.

Also ive kind of noticed that light theme integration after updating to Oreo.

Neither.
Maryland.

Attached: Screenshot_20181025_040849.jpg (1080x2240, 855K)

8 and later belittles users that don't use Google Play services by pretending you're at risk when installing apks from somewhere.

Fuck that shit.

Everywhere I look I see companies increasing the heat of their frogbathtubs.

>Honeycomb was shit
fixed

Jellybean with dedicated menu buttons was the shit mane
I had a few different droids with that.

The only thing better about the right one was that there was an app to add tiny images to the corners which made it look like the screen had rounded corners. Can't do that with the transparent bars so haven't installed since.

wallpaper?

what about the fact that for most of the backgrounds in the apps themselves, had a dark theme; versus now being optional at best. Or the fact that for a lot of the status icons or animations were given a blue overhaul versus only having one specific color all across the board. Jelly bean was also simple in doing its job as an interface, which in comparison to now, seems to require for you to learn something new, with each change to android.

what theme are you using?

I don't miss it because Android 4.2 is literally my daily driver. I like it and I have every app I could possibly need.

what the fuck are you talking about? 4.2 is jelly bean. Unless you are talking about kitkat?

>4.2 is jelly bean.
yes, exactly. i was responding to:
>Does anyone else miss the old interface that came with jelly bean android?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-24-23-12-50.png (480x800, 363K)

...sorry I just figured out with what you had said, ignore my previous message.

Peak design, can't be beaten

Attached: sense-4-homescreens.png (1200x305, 517K)