WTF did firefox fuck up now?

Seriously, WTF?
Now they're even installing shit behind my back AND need restarts after (((updating)))? What is this? Windows?
What kind of malware did I catch now?
Where the hell can I run to? Every other browser is either even worse, or does not work with the modern web.
Fuck
that
shit

>also, presenting your criminal fuckery with some cutesy maskot does not make it better
>well, your honor, yeah, I did rob that guy, but please, won't you look at that cute puppy here!

Attached: firefuck.png (1416x854, 63K)

>using sjw/commiefox
>Not using brave, pale meme or un googled chromium.
You are pretty much asking for whatever bullshit comes your way.

>Every other browser is either even worse, or does not work with the modern web.
Been saying this for weeks. All the browsers are fucked, all the hardware is fucked, everything's fucked dude.

Brave auto updates and is hard to turn off but I do have more faith in them than sjwfox

delete the features folder from new install before launching (this folder contains all the hidden extensions for 'data reporting')

Firefox doesn't autoupdate on Linux unless you're using their archived version. If you update your system Firefox gets updated too. You either manually sudo apt updated or have set up background upgrades via cron or a gui for it.
Not a Firefox issue if you don't even know when you're updating your packages.

>Brave
It's not even v1.0, it has a fuck ton of issues.
>pale moon
Slow, abandoned trash.
>uG Chromium
As shit as regular chromium.

>have more faith in a browser with memecoins that can't even have proper anti-fingerprinting even in it's built in tor tabs.
The browser is useless.

OOPSIE DOOPSY WOOPSY DOOOO

WE JUST DID A THING DONT WORRY WHAT

BE BACK IN A FLASH JUST CLICK THE RESTART BUTTON

>>Not using brave,
Yeah, they have a few good ideas, but it has closed source parts (AFAIK, please correct me if I'm wrong) and it's based on fucking chrome
>pale meme
Trusting one single autist
> or un googled chromium.
placebo

>If you update your system Firefox gets updated too. You either manually sudo apt updated or have set up background upgrades via cron or a gui for it.
I'm 100% certain i did neither of that. I have set all package management to manual. If I dont dnf, nothing gets updated or installed! How the hell did firefox break out of that? That's malware behaviour.

>that_weeb_bug_report_screenshot.tiff

It didn't, you fucked up. Firefox can't upgrade on it's own, that's the first thing most package maintainers remove. What distro are you on even? Maybe you're using a repo which doesn't modify Firefox this way.

>It didn't, you fucked up. Firefox can't upgrade on it's own, that's the first thing most package maintainers remove. What distro are you on even?
Well, if running fedora and using the default repos counts as fucking up, then yes, I fucked up.
But I doubt that fedora would produce such a fuckup. Maybe it has to do with that
>lets push ads to selected users
thing firefox is currently testing? But I would expect that this only is valid for people running testing versions. No one sane would push such things into stable.

I said I had more faith in them than sjwfox which still means very little and no I dont use actually brave

Brave isnt closed source anywhere (unless they're lying on their about page) but a bunch of shit in it doesnt work to fuck and they're still not even version 1 so its yet to be seen whether they'll deliver anything useful

Reminder that everything is fucked right now

>Reminder that everything is fucked right now
This.
However, this doesn't make it an acceptable situation.

just block firefox in your firewall from accessing internet

>You either manually sudo apt updated or have set up background upgrades
I didn't. There're nearly 300 packages pending right now and firefox still auto updated.

the last paid browser died with netscape.
If you don't pay for something you're the product.

This, now I shitpost on chromium instead.

You got what was coming for you.

You retards postproned updates AGAIN, blamed the developer for problems AGAIN and got the windows update treatment. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

my custom compiled Firefox on Gentoo doesn't do this.

>Anonymous 10/25/18(Thu)12:21:30 No.682
Yeah, no.
That
>you must update immidiately when we say so!!!111!!!
is just retarded fearmongering.
Yes, running outdated shit is dangerous, but unless you are a very exposed target or it is a very extreme situation, you have plenty of time to update your stuff.
For the first case, you probably already have means in place, you probably still won't just install untested stuff and in the second case, Jow Forums and every other tech site will have multiple articles/threads about the new threat, so that you know that you have to act.
Just look at my previous work:
>hours lost due to viruses or attacs: 0
>hours lost due to windows update faffing around or downright killing important running jobs: 3 - 20 per week!
And this is precicesely why I am on linux, so firefox pulling that stunt is a total breach of trust.

>le fish maymay straight into your browser
:^)

Attached: Untitled.png (360x327, 18K)

>Brave
I'd unironically use this if I had the ability to manage uBlock Origin rules more easily, like with an icon on the UI.
The built in script blocker in Brave is garbage, and allows you only to allow all/block all scripts on a website. I don't wanna run a billion 3rd party scripts that don't add any functionality.

>getting triggered by auto updates
really? you chromeshills and pol retards are reaching bad

Lacks anti-fingerprint / tracking protection.
>inb4 it has it
Doesn't work and is objectively worse than Firefox.

who cares, go take your schizo meds

Auto updates are cancer you fuck, how about I come in your house and rearrange your furniture without asking? And maybe I will throw out some of your shit too.

Go kys

Every other browser also get wrecked by googles bitch ass captcha. Hope you like 17 tiles of cars that take 10 seconds to fade away.

The good news is that everything's more diverse now!!!

Pale Moon is neither slow or abandoned

This happens to me on Chromium. On Pale Moon/Waterfox I just have to click the checkbox most of the time. Haven't tried on Google Chrome and don't plan to.

Yay!
…I guess?

You can disable background downloads you stupid cunt

You are using redhats testdistro that ships firefox as a flatpak by default. flatpaks are even worse than upstream provided versions so you better fix that asap.

But who enabled it?

>ships firefox as a flatpak by default
Fuck.
What?
Really? Even if I just pull shit from the default repos with dnf, which should pull some .rpm?