/spg/ - Smartphone General

Mi Mix 3 Edition Vol.2

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 141236rf8m48jujjjv3p5w.jpg (1920x960, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mi.com/mix3/specs
youtube.com/watch?v=vPl4NiURz5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=CGXDmaecuI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When will the Mix 3 be available for sale?

Can someone link me to a page with all confirmed mi mix 3 specs? So many contradicting info everywhere

Straight from the horse's mouth:
mi.com/mix3/specs

FREQUENCYCHECK IS WILDLY WRONG ON NEARLY EVERYTHING

WOULDNT TRUST A SINGLE THING ON THERE

WHO RUNS THAT SITE TELL THEM TO FIX THEIR SHIT, COPY OFF KIMOVIL CUS THEY DO IT RIGHT

Use Kimovil and confirm with your carrier's website afterwards.

DELETE FREQUENCYCHECK ITS A PIECE OF SHIT

BAD INFORMATION IS WORSE THAN NO INFORMATION

Thank

>slider can be bound to actions
based
FrequencyCheck says the Mi Mix 2S doesn't have ANY LTE bands, whoever runs the site is a moron.

Attached: file.png (1466x835, 257K)

I want MIUI 10 gesture controls everywhere. Is there a custom ROM implementation of this which is at all similar?

Man that 3200mAh battery is a real downer.

xiaomi.eu

that's weird-miui for xiaomi devices, pretty sure user wants miui (or just its gestures) for a non-xiaomi device

AMOLED display is nice

>3200 mAh battery
Why does Xiaomi continue to lower the battery capacity on their Mix phones? This thing will probably have a SOT of 4 hours if you're lucky.

I hate myself for considering this phone because of that green colour. Hopefully the MIUI it runs won't have that ugly empty space on top of most menus/drawer to accommodate the non-existing notch.

The Mi 8 is looking better and better. And even more so with a 3400 mAh battery, along with an eventual price drop.

youtube.com/watch?v=vPl4NiURz5Q

Attached: DqWWNjkWsAAvkR9.jpg (1024x722, 69K)

Attached: 1540457776925.jpg (768x1024, 77K)

>Country
USA
>Carrier
AT&T
>Features
not shit camera and something i can browse the chans with and watch stuff without having to squint
>Budget
$400-500?
>Size
?

Attached: 1439242988612.jpg (374x347, 39K)

>Why does Xiaomi continue to lower the battery capacity on their Mix phones?
Less room for shit when it's a sliding phone

Oneplus 6T

You can't spell chink without chin. Still I think a bit of bezel at the bottom makes it easier to use gestures, so I don't mind it at all in this case.

Is there any way to get a PS3 controller to work on smartphone without using sixaxis?

Attached: sixaxis-gets-rumble.jpg (468x468, 21K)

USB OTG cable

It still need sixaxis, I was looking for wireless option.
If I'm gonna use USB OTG adapter, a generic USB controller is cheaper than PS3 controller.

3999 CNY would be ~500€
Order from china or wait for local sellers?
How much will they push the price?

ITS HABBEDING

Attached: IMG_20181025_194603.jpg (3120x4208, 1.2M)

Oh, it does? I thought sixaxis was for only using it on Bluetooth. My bad.

IT DOESN'T HAVE US BANDS
Otherwise I might get it.

>full screen
That chin is fucking huge lol

You'd rather have a notch then?

>That chin
Why care about this?

Now that the Mi Mix 3 doesn't look like it'd be a good buy would I be better off with the 2S instead?

Great meme reply, friendo

why people care about the notch when you can hide them with a simple click

How the fuck are people even supposed to compete with Huawei/Xiaomi?

The west is fucking finished. (except for apple)

>fingerprint reader not under the screen
that'll be a N O P E from me, buddy, try again with the 3S

>just hide it bro
might as well just put a regular bezel instead of notch.

Attached: DpgEFLPWwAEWzjp.jpg (1200x800, 132K)

Where is it?

>doesn't say why it looks bad
>expects us to know if 2S would be good under undefined criteria

Is the Pacophone version for LatAm not out yet?

With a sliding phone, you can only have half the space at your disposal. If they tried to fit 4000mah+, the phone would've been thicker. The screen part would've needed to match the thickness of the second part or it would be uneven

I don't see how that would be a plus. I could understand if you wanted one mounted in the chin, but under-screen is slower than regular and you can use face to unlock instead.

for my particular use-case I would prefer to be able to wake my phone without having to move my face parallel to the phone or have to flip it over. I understand why others may not dislike the situation as much as me but personally it's a no-go.

>How much will they push the price?
Convert the CNY price to USD. Then replace USD for EUR without changing the numbers and that will be the cost of the phone

Doesn't matter anyways.
I just decided against getting the Mi Mix 3 since it has no audio jack
AUX port is literally the port I use the most on a phone so this is a no-go for me

Ah, I see the issue then. Yeah most people will be satisfied with tap to wake or always on functions without the need for unlocking the phone.

>That chin is fucking huge lol
That's the smallest chin achievable without apple's meme folding screen at the bottom

As soon as my RN5 arrives what do I install on it? Any "must have" app or solution in case I find MIUI to be the shits?

I WANT the MEME.

Though having seen the new iPhones in person, I wonder how big the bezel compared to the chin would be.

>gcam

Why is this useful when you have open camera?

Well, for me it was the battery life and the high price for a SD 845, when SD 855 is around the corner and Samsung will probably rape the competitors in 2019

Attached: 1515630391712.png (649x800, 729K)

Don't buy Chinese-version Xiaomi phones.

Get your unlock permission ready so you can install Lineage if needed. Also if you got it from china flash the global rom to get google play and less chinky bloat.

Global EU.

I got tiny baby hands and i dont want no bigass phone

what's the most phone i can get in around 5"

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Asus Zenfone 5Z
Xiaomi Mi 8
Essential PH-1

the post processing algorithm magic Google somehow managed to create is probably the best in the smartphone industry
it makes even mediocre camera sensors perform better

Xperia XZ1 Compact or XZ2 Compact

The technology will be impressive but I doubt we'll see it in the S/Note 10, considering this is a concept showcase it won't be next year's tech. I can see 2019 as the year where Mix and the gang will run the circle with various notch remnants lagging behind. S10 could still rape in features that aren't design such as 5G implementation, photo quality etc.

cheers

Start the bootloader unlocking process so you can enable Camera2api for GCam

>get new phone
>start to unlock bootloader
>realize i need to change to nanosim
reeeeeee

cut it

>just hide it bro
>might as well just put a regular bezel instead of notch.
Good thing this atrocity is just on the recent Pixel devices, which are only really viable for one country (the US).
What does your sim have to do with the bootloader unlocking process?

I guess he opened the sim tray to put in the SD card and noticed the slot.

I am in the same predicament, not enough green phones available and this looks good minus the battery capacity. or lack thereof.

What are some must have apps for Android?

Clover

Don't know about that. It will be the 10th anniversary of the Galaxy series and seeing how similar the S8 and S9 were in terms of design, it's very likely that they saved everything for the S10

dialer
messaging app
camera
browser
contacts
keyboard app
settings app
etc

They can't, most companies behave moved on to better deals like camera sensors and whatnot.

Depends what do you do?

Adaway
If your phone's file explorer a shit, Asus File explorer is great
maps.me is nice
17track for your chinkshit purchases
AIMP player is nice too
Clover
Magisk
Other stuff depend on what you do and what you want

What's the closest chinkphone / android phone equivalent to pic related?

Attached: download.jpg (243x207, 10K)

>1 hour sot
>Only 6% drain
Poco is pretty good hmmm

Is Android OS 9 better than OS 8? Should I update?

The battery seems way too small to push a 6 inch 1080p display when my phone has a 5.2 inch 1440p display and a 3900 mAh battery but mine has a SD 805 so power management/efficiency may have changed drastically since then.

You need to facor the amoled display. The iPhone Xs Max has 3174 mAh battery and OP6 has 3300 mAH

>Mi Mix 3 has the Verizon LTE bands (2, 4, 5, 13) and Verizon CDMA bands (BC0/BC1)

Is this going to be compatible with Verizon? OnePlus 6T supposedly also has all those bands and has been certified to work on their network by Verizon.

Attached: file.png (820x548, 47K)

How useable is LineageOS without gapps or microg on a daily basis? Will I get at least a decent navigation app or be forced to run jewgle maps on a barely functional mobile browser? Will I look retarded doing it on a $400 phone?

I've been waiting for an answer for this as well. As far as I've gathered, Google maps if all else fails can work, but there are issues with notifications for some apps which rely on Google services. A first-hand experience would be the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=CGXDmaecuI8

>bezels
chinks.
not even once.

3200mAh battery though...

The bottom bezel is actually thinner than Apple's all around same width bezel.

>sliding phone
Is this the future

>the state of xiaomi

The original Mi Mix had 4400mAh battery, so yeah, a big letdown

Probably for the next two years until folding phones or under-screen cameras, whichever Samsung manages to push out first. I fully expect next year's iPhone XRS STI to come with the innovative slide design.

XZ1 Compact

Mix 2 and 2S worked with Verizon with those same bands, so I see no reason why Mix 3 wouldn't

Show me a notchless phone with smaller bezels then

t. iToddler

Alright, lads, I am looking to buy a new smartphone.

What I want:
Good battery (lasts me a day and a half perhaps)
Good camera
Good performance (so that I could comfortably play a game or two)

Budget: Around 700-800 EUR*
*prices in my country might be lower than in your country

What I am considering:
Huawei P20 Pro
Huawei Mate 20
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

what do you think folks. what do I pick? any suggestions?

I'm trying to help a friend out who's down on his luck. What's the best android GSM phone you can get for $200ish?

oh and are there any phones on the market that could also possibly support 5g

>B28
Why don't their cheaper phones have this.

Mate 20/Honor Magic 2 will probably have >110 DxO rating

There won't be any 5G phones in 2019.