Opinion on ubiquity access points?

Opinion on ubiquity access points?

Attached: ubiquiti-uap-ac-lite-unifi-ap-ac-lite-scalable-enterprise-wifi-system-goldsignature-1711-30-Goldsign (694x425, 17K)

Backdoored botnet
Read the TOS carefully.

Data. You agree that Ubiquiti may from time to time collect and use data in a form that could personally identify You (such as Your name, email address, mailing address or other contact information) or Your customers (collectively “Personal Data”), for any reason, including to facilitate the provision of updates to any applications or services, promote new Products and Services, authenticate Products, verify compliance with these Terms, and improve Products. Your usage and Personal Data is governed by Ubiquiti’s Privacy Policy. Subject to Section (III)(c) or as otherwise provided in the Privacy Policy, Ubiquiti will not share Your or Your customers’ Personal Data with third parties without Your prior written consent.

YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO ANY SUCH AUTOMATIC UPDATES. These may be automatically installed without providing any additional notice to You or receiving Your additional consent. If You do not consent, Your remedy is to terminate Your Account and stop using the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Ubiquiti withholds the right to require You to install any patches, bug fixes, corrections, updates, upgrades, support and maintenance releases or other modifications in order to Access and use the Services.
Modifications to and Discontinuation of Services. UBIQUITI RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THE SERVICES WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. UBIQUITI FURTHER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE THE SERVICES WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. To the extent reasonably practical, Ubiquiti will provide You with notice prior to any discontinuation, unless Ubiquiti is required to immediately discontinue the service in order to comply with any law or regulations.

>mandatory arbitration.
>Dmca copy right infringement and seizures.

What the actual fuck. I can't continue reading.

ok, shitposting aside
I think unifi access points are the best you can buy for that money.
POE is a great thing. you don't need to pull extra wires to power it up.
great speed and strong signal
if you buy, buy higher models !

Just cut the access via iptables.

I got this with my rice cooker

can I just buy AP for some $80 and get it going, or do I need their router or some shit?

Attached: aaa.jpg (235x215, 5K)

/thread

The least botnet you can get is an APU, and they do have the AMD PSP, though at least the OS and its management lies within your power. Better than nothing

They are okay. I will go with Meraki anytime for large buisness.

> for large buisness.
Well, you can go with anything if they're willing to spend millions.

anyone?

Do you already have a router??

Block access using the firewall rules on an EdgeRouter

Good performance, from my ISP supplied 3x2 802.11 AC router, i'm lucky to see 300-350mbps.

From my 2x2 Ubiquiti Access point, I can generally see 350-500mbps without much difficulty.

Attached: 2018-09-09 21.16.27.jpg (790x555, 34K)

You need a router providing you WAN connectivity. But it doesn't need to be a ubiquiti router, any router will work.

The access point just needs ethernet, then it can be configured from any PC on the local network.

>ISP supplied 3x2 802.11 AC router
3x3 not 3x2

You need a controller, which is software-based. Stack is Linux + MongoDB + Oracle Java. Even Raspberry Pi should do.

>Good performance
This, if you want good preformance at a low price, ubiquiti is generally the best choice.

People spell them wrong a lot.

This is misleading, you need a controller machine for configuration only, but a configuration installation ties your AP to a machine. I do installations all the time for these at homes and businesses for work, in businesses I pick a Windows server to run the controller software and I just launch it whenever I need to make changes to the AP. For home I just pick a laptop or desktop that's probably going to be there if I come back to run the AP configuration software. However continual monitoring and reporting back to the ubiquiti cloud suite requires an always on controller, which I'm sure a Pi could run but is entirely optional. Additionally network monitoring can be enhanced with the addition of ubiquiti routers and switches which provide deeper analytics, but again, are entirely optional (conventional routing hardware is fine, I generally pair with Mikrotik)
Also I could be wrong here, I've had these products thrust at me over the years and have been told to install them, never had a chance to play with them in a lab or go on a course.

Attached: FB_IMG_1530316047952.jpg (500x375, 16K)

what's the best AP? pref 2 for $100

Or Mikrotik. They offer about the same price/perf as Ubiquiti.

I live in an apartment building and the interference is insane. I spent $1100 to get one of those xp ones they stick on the ceilings of stadiums. Now my signal BTFO the entire building and all my neighbors are bitching.

Attached: 4L_Y1uedv7V.jpg (1371x908, 238K)

Privacy issues aside, they BTFO any consumer devices for performance and stability while being cheaper sometimes. They now even have a mobile app for initial setup, so it takes like two minutes to configure them. I bought an UAC-HD for my flat and I forgot the admin password 6 months ago. I never bothered to take it down and reset it since I've had literally 0 issues with it.

an access point needs some LAN connection to a switch or a router. you don't need a specific router for an AP.

This
Ubiquiti may make privacy invading shit but their software experience as long as you're not using their breaks every update nvrs is unparalleled

honest question, how do you block something you don't know where it phones home to apart from monitoring its traffic a few months while it's not used?
You woudn't be able to tell its own traffic apart from nat'ed traffic, right?

Like this.

Attached: Screenshot_20181025_175311.png (3840x2160, 335K)

>bitching
About an extra access point in list?

No he's probably using a massive 80 or 160mhz chunk of spectrum causing interference to his neighbors

don't mind me, I thought my shitty AP is doing NAT.

Works great, you can just set them up and not use the unifi software on the controller and you don't have any data meme shit..
I set mine up ~4 years ago, they're unupdated and work fine.

>AP is doing NAT.
Ayy wut, how did this come to your head?
Even if it was a thing it needs a very specific rule to escape your router, or the router needs a modified NAT to work with it. So no way it would be there by default

Attached: animal-1867562_960_720.jpg (960x640, 151K)

buy AP
install unifi on any computer (winshit, loonix, macfag all work)
click "manage" the AP
setup all credential shit
uninstall unifi
works forever, can ssh into it if need be

This.

good. Tell them I said to rot in hell.

Get a load of this retard!

God you niggers if you're that afraid of Unifi controller just put it on a VLAN or some shit

just your typical brainfart. my brain does that from time to time to check if I'm paying attention - apparently I haven't been.

this makes no sense

Attached: catfoodno.jpg (1080x1080, 127K)

Double NAT needs very specific settings to work properly, it's usually retarded to have it.

>Double NAT needs very specific settings to work properly, it's usually retarded to have it.

Double NAT works if you lan subnet is different from the network your plugging into. Not that I have any such setup now but I do test a new router every now and then, so I double NAT it to avoid messing with the main house router.

And yes it is retarded.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-11_20-29-13.png (629x746, 470K)

pretty good for enterprise
too expensive for home networking

>what is power9
i hope there will be risc-v consumer cpus, too.

The enterprise models for large venues might be fine, but I don't see the point in the home models. $20-30 Chinese AC APs with OpenWRT flashed are better.

this

custom fx based pc as router?