So I'm trying to see the main setup of a Cisco Packet Tracer labs file but the config is locked; anyone know how to...

So I'm trying to see the main setup of a Cisco Packet Tracer labs file but the config is locked; anyone know how to unlock it?

Seeing the config file will help me understand networks faster than inputting commands and going through each interface one by one. Thanks.

Attached: file.png (1920x1027, 124K)

give it back Dewayne

Looking for sensible answers only; thanks.

there was a way to get the configuration files but it required the old version of packet tracer. unfortunatley pt files made by the new version are not compatible with the old one

>do my homework for me
and yall thought summer was bad lmao

Christ, what a fucking bunch of assholes.

No; I already have it done. I'd like to compare it with the labs version to ensure I've done it correctly. Sew me for trying to learn.

Attached my version of the network.

Attached: file.png (1920x1027, 129K)

Yeah. When one my friends found this method, everyone in our school knew how to use it. Cisco patched it after 2 months

Actually, I'm pretty sure these versions are usable with the older version of PT because that's what we use in class.

So it stands to reason, if I were to get the older Packet Tracer version, could I simply load the PKZ file into the older version and access the config tab and compare my work?

Thanks.

Shit no, that didn't work for some reason. I don't get why they have these labs locked like this.

Seeing the configuration of a network is beneficial to learning. Understand why they've done it but some people learn better through images. Seeing a UI with IP addresses labelled in a structured manner would be beneficial to me.

Anyone have any other ideas? I want to know exactly how this network works in full by way of the program's parameters and commands.

>Anyone have any other ideas?
yeah, install gentoo and mcfucking kys, retard

What age are you? lmao

you fucking nigger I did this in high school and it was like example two in PT holy shit are you like 13?

Quiet, mutt.

No, I'm a mature student trying to learn. You're either born in a different era or went to a better school than I did.

I'm doing my best to fully understand something that's new to me, don't appreciate your obscenity.

you're at the ground floor of networking and came to Jow Forums for help? Let me be nice then and tell you to find a better place to get advice, Jow Forums is genuinely retarded save for about 3 or 4 things and networking is not one of them

Is this a cisco example PT lab? Most of them come with a guide explaining something.

It is. I tried making the network from scratch using CLI separately but wanted to compare the config file of one that was already prebuilt with my own; just for verification really and to see if I was on the right track.

What are you trying to do?

You don't have to configure those switches, you just need to enable the interfaces on each router that is being used and advertise those networks with rip, ospf or bgp (or with static routes if you wanna do it manually for some reason). When you have full connectivity, you can add VPNs and shit.

Static routes is the aim of this particular scenario.

Some of the questions are... Unnecessarily complex to me; one of which is "Configure a recursive static route to every network not directly connected to R1, including the WAN link between R2 and R3.

Yeah that's easy. Recursive static route means that your router will look in the routing table instead of reaching out to the directly connected interface. Just add a recursive static route to everything that isn't connected to R1.

>Configure a recursive static route to every network not directly connected to R1, including the WAN link between R2 and R3.
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Just add a static route to everything.

Thanks for the input.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought that question was really stupid but the correct answer for this was (See attached image).

Attached: file.png (1599x899, 1.13M)

I would just ignore it. Recursive static routes haven't been a thing for over a decade and it doesn't appear in any CCNA brain dumps, so it's pretty much pointless. Just remember to use the next-hop address instead of exit interface, because it'll flood your network with ARP packets.