I just want to stop DE hopping

is there a DE that is
>not a resource hog
>does not require unnecessary dependencies
>offers 21st century functionality
>have sane customization options
>some eye candy

i tried the most popular ones but none of them seems to fulfill them all

Attached: 1506132854583.png (1808x1204, 920K)

MacOS or Windows 7

All dependencies are necessary, that's why they're dependencies.

>resource hog
I have never seen a linux distro be a resource hog... What are you running? 1 gig of ram?

What's wrong with XFCE?

come home white man

Attached: download (1).png (202x250, 5K)

Use i3, then you can start window-manager hoping.

KDE

Runs like shit with OpenGL and I assume OP plays vidya based on the fact that he still uses bloated DEs instead of WMs.

maybe, maybe

lol
cinnamon depends on pidgin and thunderbird, which i don't think it's necessary for it to function properly

stuck in 1990s

Depends what you mean by
>offers 21st century functionality
XFCE or LXQT Might work just fine for you

Enlightenment of course.

IceWM.

Just use KDE it's meant for normies like you

LXDE and stop sperging out
or LXQt if you're not an autist

I was same with you and I settled with xfce.It just werks and is so boring that I can focus on other important things.
Based and redpilled.

yes

Attached: nevermiss.webm (1920x1080, 2.72M)

>stuck in the 1990s
i don't even fucking LIKE xfce, but you know you can theme it pretty easily, right? theres a gui application you can use and everything

>is a minimalist
>wants "eye candy", "sane customization options", and "21st century functionality"
Pick one, you utter faggot. Either you have the hardware so that the extra ~500MB RAM usage doesn't fucking matter, or you don't.

Attached: 1539301538288.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

The whole point of a DE is that you are installing a suite of programs that someone else has deemed should be put together. Even if you don't use the program, it doesn't change the fact that it is part of the desktop ENVIRONMENT and having to install programs you will never use is part of the deal when you install a DE. No one magically knows what programs you want and don't want to get jnstalled.
If you you are looking for "not resource hog", xfce and get back to work.
If you are looking for "does not require unnecessary dependencies", install a wm and all other programs you need individually.
Anything else, install windows or get a mac.
See where your priorities lie op.

>some eye candy

>not a resource hog
>does not require unnecessary dependencies

AwesomeWM is awesome.

You can remove a package regardless of dependencies with most package managers.

KDE Neon meets all your criteria
Just remember to switch off compositing in the settings unless you have spare computing power

Well, KDE offers all of that, but you aren't getting away from needing dependencies, why they're called that.

Uninstall loonix
Install windows 10 enterprise

I3wm

If the PC you're installing it on isn't also used to toast bread in your kitchen, try Cinnamon. It werks.

Mate, the trad desktop for whites only

Attached: 1522803857738.png (600x597, 548K)

something something cinnamon toast crunch

so close

>spics
>white

Attached: (You) cock.png (448x468, 297K)

Install KDE, also:
>no dependencies
Stop being a scared-of-package-count-to-show-in-desktop-threads brainlet ass cuck, grow some balls

Trinity Desktop Environment

TDE sucks massive balls, use Enlightenment

explain why it runs like shit using OpenGL.

always used xubuntu which has xfce and felt comfy seeing low ressource consumption.

xfce has a good amount of skins and is very customizable, also includes plenty of shortcuts for productivity.