"Love at first use. This keyboard is amazing. Yes, it does only cover the front, but so what. Yes...

>"Love at first use. This keyboard is amazing. Yes, it does only cover the front, but so what. Yes, there is no holder for the pencil, but, so what. Yes, there may be some functionality glitches, but again, so what. This Smart "KEYBOARD" for iPad Pro rocks. Apple only promised us a keyboard, and that's what this is. The whiners probably shake their birthday cards for money before they read them, so sad. This is by far the best peripheral keyboard I've ever used in terms of feel and accuracy. Oh, and the feel/look of the materials/design is far from cheap, as mentioned in some other reviews. They nailed it, AGAIN!! Thanks Apple. Bottom Line - Drop the coin and don't look back. This keyboard will transform your iPad Pro into a monster of mayhem.(in a good way). Cheers!!"

Why do Apple users accept broken products so long as it has the brand?

Attached: pen1.jpg (1600x1600, 43K)

As an owner of both an iPad pro and ipencil, even I can say the keyboard is absolute shite. It's better to avoid it and just buy a wireless apple keyboard, which does work with the ipad.

Buyer's remorse
They have to justify spending ludicrous amounts of money on worthless garbage
So they seek other sheep like themselves and create the circlejerk of self-validation that exist today related to all apple products

Are there any decent keyboards for the ipad pro?
Apparently the Logitech ones scratch the screen but it's awkward typing on a 12.9 inch touchscreen.

I bought a homepod on the premise of integration and app development like alexa but found it less appealing than a $40 echo... Laptop is good. Macbook pro is great, apple watch is great, and phone is (only OK) does its job.

MacBook pro is great ( to warm my cold bones in winter)

Ill be real with you. It doesnt make that much noise, the design doesnt feel like a fucking plastic clip sticking together silicon, and the i7 runs my crazy docker containers and my company's shitty python and nodejs storm of framework dependencies that would make your head spin...

Well then, you just wasted a lot of money on a space heater when a 400€ laptop could do just as good

I own about 14 laptops and Im telling you its not as good. You pay for quality. I also dont have the headache of issues that I get with windows(updates) or linux(drivers).

Pick and choose your battles. Theres enough battles with developing software before I neckbeard my laptop like a motherfucker.

also sidenote on the '400' laptop. Those cheap pieces of shit usually have clunky designs, lack the nve-SSD or whatever its called, and the static ram cache is a smaller pool on those cheap laptops. The other thing I worry about is out-of-box hardware support, right? When a security patch is issued for OSX I typically receive them shortly. Microsoft brand laptops or off brand have a harder time getting those firmware patches or device driver patches rolling I find.

Thats an IMO/in my experience kind of thing though. If you can get by with that laptop, fantastic. However the screen quality, and general usability of the laptop I have right now tells me that I dont think Ill be buying a laptop again for at least 5-8 years if not ten years. Both the current regular macbook (less than 1lb) and the pro have very nice screens and are insanely light while being powerful.

Im sure by that time the newest system specs will be out and javascript will be running an entire operating system in the browser for each page you visit just to render a submit button.

If you have 14 laptops and evidence to settle for a MacBook pro it tells a lot about the kind of purchase decisions you have made
There are far better options that are both cheaper and the same "quality"
MacOS updates are also garbage amd fuck up lots of shit from time to time, especially with each jump in os version and if you don't agree you are deluding yourself
You can also disable updates on Windows, and the driver meme with Linux plain weak attempts at justifying yourself
You don't have to justify your poor decision with nonsense
Windows security patches are rolled out independently of os patches, and driver updates are downloaded form the parts manufacturer, not the pc manufacturer
>Screen quality
>Muh retina
Come on now, don't be ridiculous
>dont think Ill be buying a laptop again for at least 5-8 years if not ten years
With a good laptop you could do that plus at the same time you could upgrade it's components so it keeps an steady performance throughout it's lifespan
Also, the "performance" you can get out of the MacBook pro is around 60-70% of it's theoretical maximum
The MacBook air has a much higher performance for it's value (and here I hope that with "MacBook" you meant the air and not the actual fanless MacBook)
I have used MacBooks too, and in fact still use an old MacBook air to this day
Performs the same as not-so-old high end MacBook pros just because it doesn't throttle and it can actually use the turboboost and reach higher clock speeds
than pros
Ok have suffered how much of my software stopped working after os updates, the latest being mojave altogether dropping support for 32 bits programs
I've been left voiceless after the security issues, last of which was the "enter admin, leave password blank and press enter to gain admin access"
Sure, it was patched
And sure Windows 10 sucks for many reasons
But at least it didn't have an issue as stupid as that one

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1512576727398.jpg (1200x1200, 374K)

Are there any decent keyboards for the ipad pro?
Apparently the Logitech ones scratch the screen but it's awkward typing on a 12.9 inch touchscreen

>lagPad

Attached: 1529782152969.webm (1280x546, 2.83M)

Not all do. But there are definitely a lot of cultist braindead followers. Personally, I criticize everything they do that deserves criticism. For example the way the battery works on the pencil is that whenever you want to start using it, you have to plug it in for a couple of minutes prior, so you can't immediately begin to draw, it'll also randomly just lost connection and you have to pair it again, which can be confusing because it doesn't always respond when you plug it in. In my mind, the best possible pencil situation would be the way the surface pro attaches magnetically the pencil + add wireless charging on that spot so the pencil would always be fully charged when you pick it up.

The one on the left is clearly sped up while the one on the right is clearly slowed down. Nice bait, try harder.

>the one street shitting iPoojeet that makes up lies to defend his faggot fruit shit every time they get BTFO
yikes

Attached: 1509865394663.png (813x1402, 369K)

I really don't understand why people have this extreme aversion to typing directly on the iPad's display with the virtual keyboard. Literally the whole point of iPad in the first place was to ditch the mouse and keyboard, so adding the keyboard back is sort of a step back, isn't it?
Also, typing on a display actually isn't so bad, even on the smaller 10.5" iPad, and because of the aspect ratio you're not really losing a lot of vertical screen real estate. It doesn't begin to feel "cramped" until you get to the 9-inch standard iPad.
You can actually type just as quickly as you can on an iPad as you can with pretty much any other keyboard if you actually gave it a chance. I've always felt like the Smart Cover (sans keyboard) was pretty much enough.

Plus buying the Smart Keyboard Cover just seems ridiculous as it's like $160 for a keyboard with no backlight or travel, that literally only works with one specific device of one specific size. And using it is like folding origami. The Smart Keyboard Cover just isn't really a good product, and using an external keyboard with the iPad sort of defeats the purpose anyway.
Help me understand?

By your logic then why the apple pencil even exist?
Modern phones and tablets are far more powerful than the old netbook but they lack a keyboard to do simple laptop tasks. With detachable or bluetooth keyboard now you have a tablet and a netbook.

Attached: steve-jobs-stylus.jpg (840x400, 52K)

I don't know dude, I just use the virtual keyboard but if I need to type a lot I use my wireless keyboard because the virtual keyboard isn't that good for a serious typing session. The Apple "Smart" Keyboard is shit-tier, ESPECIALLY for the price, but it is better than using the virtual keyboard.

Why the fuck do people buy tablets again? Just buy a fucking laptop if you need mobility like everyone else.

>By your logic then why the apple pencil even exist?
Le Steve Jobs stylus quote.
It's pretty obvious that the context of that was smartphones. At the time (2007), you needed a stylus to navigate any smartphone that had a touch screen. Everything used resistive tech, not capacitive. The result was cluttered UI full of absurdly small buttons, a UI that assumed you had your stylus ready at all times, and tiny styli that you would always lose. It was like using a Nintendo DS all the time.
The Apple Pencil is definitely acceptable and even great for the iPad because (a) the iPad has a massive surface on which to draw/write, (b) the Apple Pencil is absolutely not a necessity (which is why Apple hasn't really been pushing the hell out of it for just average consumers; it's really only been marketed to digital artists), and (c) it's not nearly as small and flimsy as something you'd find in a smartphone from 2007. The Apple Pencil actually allows for certain parameters of input that the human finger does not. The same cannot be said about the Smart Keyboard Cover.

(1/2)

(2/2)

>Modern phones and tablets are far more powerful than the old netbook but they lack a keyboard to do simple laptop tasks. With detachable or bluetooth keyboard now you have a tablet and a netbook.
OK, I see where you're going with that one but the problem with that argument is that since resistive touch displays (sans cursor) allows for certain gestures and elements to be more quickly and readily accessible to the user, the keyboard and its hotkeys are rendered nearly useless. Keyboard shortcuts are made almost entirely redundant since gestures and tapping are pretty much just as fast if not faster, and even more intuitive. Literally the only reason for the Smart Keyboard Cover to exist is to save screen real-estate. It doesn't do anything that the iPad can't already do on its own, and saving a small block of screen space is a convenience that simply isn't worth $160.
Physical keyboards should remain relegated to laptops and desktops for this purpose, and resistive touch displays with gesture-based UI and fuckhuge buttons should stay on smartphones and tablets. They each have their element, their own appropriate contexts. Steve Jobs was also against devices that tried to be everything at once, because they often do everything poorly.

Tablets are basically even more compact than a full-blown laptop, and are great for situations where you're not going to need a bazillion separate windows open. So a tablet is great for, say, taking notes. Reading. Shitposting. Watching videos. Etc.
Laptops are slowly becoming more fitted for tasks that require more power and multitasking efficiency. You wouldn't want to make music or edit video on a tablet when a laptop is available (yet).

Basically it's just /comfy/.

ever since i got a tablet, i find myself gradually referring to my laptop less and less. it's gotten to the point where a laptop seems really cumbersome and inconvenient.

>stylus on a phone

Attached: literally every galaxy note user ever.jpg (640x1031, 96K)