I pulled my desktop's C: and plugged it into my laptop to get at some files. I'm using a startech power/sata adapter...

I pulled my desktop's C: and plugged it into my laptop to get at some files. I'm using a startech power/sata adapter, connected into an Anker USB hub, connected to my macbook, booted into Bootcamp (Windows 10).

Everything was going fine, but I couldn't access my User directory, so I added myself and gave myself full write access. As it was going through all the subdirectories and files, changing their permissions, something crashed. I suspect it was the usb drivers not playing well with Apple bootcamp.

The drive disappeared and all other devices connected to the usb hub stopped functioning. I waited a bit, then did a force shutdown.

Now, any time I plug in the SSD, it causes all the other usb devices to hang.

Diskpart is showing the drive as having 0 bytes, and running chkdsk /r /f is giving me Cannot access the volume.

I tried reassigning it drive letter, but not dice.

What's more, the phantom drive is being shown as Apple SD media card in disk management.

Sandisk's SSD utility isn't picking it up.

Am I SOL? Please help Jow Forums

Attached: 1538362012683.jpg (937x1171, 107K)

tl;dr

> arabic tattoo
trash

probably fired headers, impossible to tell...

wtf you dumb applel nigger next time use ftp or ssh

i wish the situation was simple enough to tl;dr. that might make solving this easier.

some errors:
The IO operation at logical block address 0x150df60 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\0000008e) was retried.

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: D:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume13.
(A device which does not exist was specified.)

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR6 during a paging operation.

Attached: 1538367087126.jpg (750x914, 142K)

I would refer you to paragraph 2 this post for help

>fired
fried*

I should probably add you can recover those headers on HDD, but not so sure about SSD

>macshit
Found your problem.

>next time use ftp or ssh

it's such a bizarre situation. it's a server (workstation) setup with an intel xeon, so no integrated gpu. when i moved, i kept getting some weird bsod. i tried to clear bios settings, but i forgot that the supermicro mobo has some fucky setting where it doesnt pick up the external gpu unless you disable the internal gpu (but it doesn't have any)! so i couldn't pick up any video to continue debugging.

one solution was running ipmi (since it has that) to turn that setting off...

of course, it had an ipmi password and the default didn't work. yeah, right?

so, for now, i figured, ok i'll just pull the ssd and just grab some files. i'll deal with it later.

Attached: k7l5jxcxp0r11.png (720x1005, 614K)

>Please help Jow Forums
Here's your solution.

Attached: 1537251926941.jpg (450x594, 30K)

eh, i already googled extensively.

i guess Jow Forums was my last resort before giving up.

how naive of me, huh

>The IO operation at logical block address 0x150df60 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\0000008e) was retried
Your memory addresses are all out of whack.
Windows is having trouble reading/writing to that location on your drive.

>(A device which does not exist was specified.)
Applel fucked up your drive's headers, and where the kernel normally looks to initialize the drive is not found

>An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR6 during a paging operation.
Again, a memory problem, PAGING is windows using drive space as RAM.

You're pretty much fucked

I haven't used windows in a while, but even if you don't have video, as long as it boots and loads into windows you should still be able to access it remotely using RDP and just pick up the video on your macshit

kek to late now, I guess.

>I pulled my desktop's C: and plugged it into my laptop to get at some files
The ABSOLUTE state of mactards.

Attached: 1529339010894.gif (245x180, 674K)

Dude, why the hell did you write over the file permissions?

Why the hell did you write anything at all?

Why didn't you just live boot linux and just ignore the file permissions completely?

Why pull the hardrive at all?

Why not network transfer?

Why not use a proper external hard drive?

Fuck!

Attached: bc9.jpg (552x363, 32K)

Here is what I am talking about from the wiki on disk sectors

>In modern disk drives, each physical sector is made up of two basic parts, the sector header area (typically called "ID") and the data area. The sector header contains information used by the drive and controller; this information includes sync bytes, address identification, flaw flag and error detection and correction information.

You may be able to save the data though.

explain, though? i mean, it was working. completely fucked?

any ideas on how to try to salvage this ssd, or is it now paperweight

Attached: 43364689_589280978219242_9218705035196628992_o.jpg (819x1188, 127K)

>Winbaby and iToddler
wew lad

why would i go through all the trouble when i could just quickly change the permissions and access them in the native environment i needed the files in? there's no way i could have known this was going to happen...

the SSD is toast, and on SSD its nearly impossible to save the data since its not on magnetic blocks.

sauce on image tho?

>there's no way i could have known this was going to happen...

Apple trusts their own programmers so little, they decided to steal a kernel for their OS rather than write their own. And you trusted them with USB drivers to write to another company's proprietary filesystem they barely understand. Let that sink in for a minute.

fuck!
@jadegrobler

Your first mistake was trusting that a computer won't fuck anything up.
The rest of the mistakes were everything you did after that.

If you're really desperate call Seagate and see if they can do anything to help, tell them you have damaged headers.

Since HDDs are on magnetic blocks called platters, the damaged parts can be replaced by skilled technicians to factory defualt settings and since the header sectors don't have any data on them you won't lose anything. Also data platters can be moved to another HDD

There are plenty of data recovery services that do SSD. HOwever, with what I just said in mind, do your research because I'm almost certain they are all scams.

Let this be an important lesson
>never trust macs
>make regular backups

>>never trust macs
lesson learned. i'm not a big mac user
>>make regular backups
i actually do have backups, but not to the latest state. not the biggest deal, though. maybe only lost like 10%. there were some things in my desktop though that would have been really nice to have, that i didn't back up.

>thinking you'll get help from this board
most of the people here need serious help

i have a bad news for you. you are a stupid creature.

>nearly 2019
>writing permanent shit on your body
lol what a retard

It is just a body so it isn't that stupid.

Looks like shit.

>i have a bad news

she looks sad
I make her happy with my dick