/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 490453 feet headphones seifuku shinjou_akane ssss.gridman takubon_(xewh4773).jpg (1449x2048, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jL2w1i-QWPY
aliexpress.com/item/S/32795208179.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WILLIAM THE SON OF SCHIIT SHILL HAS BEEN CURSED

BUY SCHIIT

Attached: deruntermensch.jpg (613x595, 89K)

>Budget
about 50-60 eur
>Location
Italy
>Source
pc
>Type of headphone
i need them to watch my chinese cartoons in peace, so whatever leaks less sound
>Comfort level
as long as they don't make my ears bleed whatever
>Past headphones
Jow Forums recommended SoundMagic PL30 PLUS last time; three months in and the right speaker is dead. Recommend me something more durable this time please.

Attached: 71352386_無題.jpg (1600x1131, 749K)

Remember that you don't need necessarily discreet amp/dac for your new headphones; your motherboard already has one. If your cans sound quiet or you hear unnecessary noise then you should look into getting one, but expensive audiophile dacs and amps won't suddenly make bad headphones sound better.

Attached: 1535272520598.png (1524x3154, 725K)

ur budget is super low, tin t2 is what you want

garbage

Attached: 1540448500103[1].png (827x603, 123K)

graphreaders are dumb

>tin t2
not on amazon.it
>ur budget is super low
elaborate. are they gonna sound like garbage or break down easily at this price range? like i said i only use them to watch anime and stuff like that.
i don't mind if they go a little out of budget, if it actually makes a difference btw.

whatever poorfag

>spending serious money on IEMs
lol

>post purchase rationalization
lol

>implying I purchase IEMs

Has anyone done a bluetooth mod to any of their headphones? Was looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones for my phone but I have a dt770s that I haven't used in years, and there are bt5 receivers these days that seem decent.
Any foreseeable downsides besides not 100% as good as wired? Shit's gonna be outside and in noisy places anyway.

Attached: dinner-date-comic1.png (940x300, 36K)

What are some actually good IEMs?

>implying you are not a poorfag who got scammed by chinks

you might have trouble with volume on high impedance/low sensitivity cans

>poorfag
kk user

Samsung EO-IG955

Attached: Samsung EO-IG955 (AKG)-1.jpg (1654x2339, 349K)

whatever poorfag

>feet posting
based and redpilled

>2.3 stars on amazon

That looks like garbage.

>shitty headphones that came with my phone and crapped out
Graph readers, everyone.

I have an old round driver t20 and they just end up sounding like slightly worse t50rps with creaky housing.

Old yamaha orthos actually sound really fucking good but they're a pain to work with. Really cramped, cheap housing and they're way more picky about the materials you damp them with than fostex. I've had mine for years and never really been happy with them.

>t. triggered t2 poorfag

Did a planar rape your father and kill your mother?

My isine 20s are honestly my favorite pair. Love that planar bass.

This line quality sucks.
This is much better.

Also how often do you guys switch headphones? Every couple months? Weekly?

Looking for a closed headphone for around 200$ for use with my phone and laptop. I’ve narrowed it down to the Beyer DT 770 (more Bass centric) or the AKG 553 (more Neutral). I’ve heard the Sennheiser HD 569 and HD 598 Cs are muddy.

Would you go for any of these with these requirements? Any Alternative suggestions? Why or why not?

Attached: D4D2B35B-8465-4B30-BBEF-264288A0A972.jpg (1280x1157, 362K)

If you're in the US i'll sell you my dt770s for cheap :^)

>Budget
Sub $200 or 150€
>Location
Balkans or US
>Source
Nokia 7+ and laptop
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Majority of headphones are comfortable so as comfortable as it can be I guess
>Sound signature
Bassy
>Past headphones
Urbaners Zinken and Sony XB950BT

I'm 99% sure I'll be getting the DT880/990 but I'm open to suggestions

Fidelio X2

thanks but no thanks, like stuff new. Did you have a problem with them?

Not at all. They're actually my second pair from a long time ago after my older one broke, I got the 32 ohm for easier driving ampless but hardly used them.
Biggest criticism of them is their not so accurate sound signature but they're really good closed headphones with decent isolation.

Thanks for that, helpful :)

My MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed arrive dtoday. I'm really liking them. The mid bass is a little recessed, but not heavily.

Caveat: They're a touch on the brighter side. I'm ok with that, but chalk that up to preference.

Attached: aeonflow.jpg (1950x1950, 255K)

bump

Attached: 70406570_無題.png (620x877, 416K)

>Budget
200-300 usd
>Location
Philippines
>Source
fiio q1
>Type of headphone
closed
>Past headphones
shp9500

Why do these adult developed women have the faces of children?

sennshill

god i wish that were me

>Type of headphone
over ear
>open or closed
closed

Why does the bitch have so many feet images?

What's wrong with the 50X?

same :(

Attached: girl.jpg (700x600, 39K)

I love feet so much

>Mid-Fi
>Shillheisser

Yeah no

who make better headphones? germany or austria

is hd 6xx a meme

What's the closed version of the hd600?

Japan

It's more that there's a ~800 Hz emphasis than a lack of midbass. Try doing -4.5 dB @ 800 Hz w/ Q 0.6, that should bring the bass -> midrange transition into balance.
The treble is more of a preference thing but it's definitely bright. More than the HD800 IME.

final audios are really good. beats any chinese IEM

No.

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1512083932490.png (1280x692, 13K)

probably because of this
youtu.be/jL2w1i-QWPY

shit...
3:00 anyway

Is there a cheaper, chink based alternative to these HD800 leather earpads?

Attached: EPZ-HD800-SKFEN_053.jpg (3560x3560, 3.45M)

There likely is but I would like to suggest you do not change your hd800 pads.Just do the SDR mod and you have one of the best headphones of all time. Changing the pads will likely change the sound significantly and you won't be able to measure it to tell.
There is someone on reddit called oratory1990 or 1990oratory this is his measurement layout. Smart dude. He has nice pads like you posted on his hd800 but was also able to measure it and correct it with FR.
The only options that make sense to me are:
1) Leave stock pads
2) Buy his exact pads and use his EQ to correct it
The chink pads for the hd6x0 line for example are trash, ruin the sound, lower quality etc. Don't ruin your HD800 user

I already have the HD800S and looking for ways to warm up the sound a bit, preferably without EQ since my main source is a DAP.

Attached: IMG_20180212_202316.jpg (1600x1200, 254K)

>planar bass
What a dumb fucking meme.

>The chink pads for the hd6x0 line for example are trash, ruin the sound, lower quality etc.
I've put chink pads on my hd650 and I have not noticed any serious difference
I am not going to feed sennheiser jews who sell pads and headband cushions for 10x of their real price

are chinese DACs worth it?

No

Attached: EBF82679-4339-4280-ABF0-4D1768019606.jpg (1000x562, 210K)

It's not a meme, they often have more flat sub.

Playnars are shit, kys

Yes.

Attached: 9s7aruG.jpg (1200x800, 80K)

Just got the Momentum 2.0s

Damn they sound less clear than my MSR7s, but it'll do

Why did they hate TOPPING?

Mudheiser cuck detected

bevause they are so used to distortion that when they get a dac that doesnt they get triggered and get pissed

lads.......... Ur all really making me consider buying an amp even though i have low impedance headphones
:(

Attached: 1540283640367.jpg (1024x1004, 211K)

It apparently sounds cold and dead, just like every other meme DAC Amir (and thus /hpg/) try to shill. Same goes with that RME piece of shit that some idiots try to shill as the ”ultimate DAC”.

>Budget
120€
>Location
EU
>Source
Huawei P10 (bluetooth 4.2)
>Type of headphone
Bluetooth IEM/earbud/earphone
>Open or closed
yes
>Comfort level
very
>Sound signature
I listen to Folk and Heavy metal if that tells you anything.
>Past headphones
Samsung S8 earbuds (The AKG branded ones) and VE Monks which I like sound wise but they're uncomfortable as fuck.
On PC I listen to SHP9500 and I also like them.
>Features
I want a pair of bluetooth IEMs with minimum 6h play time per charge.
I want them to be tethered (none of that apple earphones bullshit), but not wrap around the ear.

Attached: 1505291723657.png (445x374, 8K)

Topping? Yes.

Do it, user. I have lo-fi headphhones but a hi-fiish amp because reasons.

>only Schiit has ”soul”

Attached: 226A207B-F1A4-43C9-9E2B-460475C0DBC0.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Can you link the ones you bought? I bought a pair on aliexpress and just threw them out. Sounded like the mids got sucked out or something.

Silly

Attached: 1414207807639.gif (250x222, 997K)

Budget: 150 - 200 AUD

Source: Phone

Type: Full

Comfort: high

Open Or Closed? Prefer closed

aliexpress.com/item/S/32795208179.html

Well, marv says vinyl is better than digital so he probably doesn't like the low noise floor on good DACs like the ones from topping

Nvm lads ill just uh have a big think about it. yeah ok

Attached: 1538243889161.jpg (540x540, 49K)

The fuck is up with his eye?

Is the campfire audio Polaris discontinued?
It's been out of stock for a while now

He spent too much time staring at plankton

Any suggestions on how to fix this? The padding came off and I lost the foam. Pair of AKG K240's.
Works perfectly except for this. Thanks!

Attached: head.jpg (960x1280, 144K)

It looks like one of the billions of IEMs with an excess of low midrange, whether by Harman's in-ear target or otherwise. It doesn't look nice, why would you want that?
Do most phones/DAPs even have a decent parametric suite to implement corrections? Besides the Neutron player, which is just one player, and some Rockbox-supported players, which are somewhat sparse.

>vinyl is better than digital
That’s fucking based.

beacuse iems can only have excess of low midrange or no bass at all
people want bass so there will be excess of low midrange
here is a correction for android eq, it will make these iems sound better than anything else on the market

Attached: 15386676102270[1].jpg (1654x2339, 350K)

Ayyyyydeze cuck detected

The Q of the resonance and the front vent can be modified to stop the ridiculous midrange response. Of course, the leakage is not something that can be controlled and tends to dominate otherwise intended corrections.
Or you could slide in a useful shelf filter in a multi-way armature, not that most do.

Neat Android setting. Seems more useful than parametric for real use of IEMs.

Can you explain how something could sound cold and dead?

what would you recommend from topping the d50s you have shown? im looking to power my 6xxs

o2 ez pz

>another day past the earliest "estimated delivery date"
>yet another day of no tracking information updates

Attached: [Orphan] Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo movie 1 (HDTV 720p) [191C14E3].mkv_snapshot_00.46.29_[2018.07. (1920x1080, 301K)

Is the HD6XX exactly the same as the HD650 in that if I modify it with any of the popular mods that my results will be the same?
I know they like changed the HD650 at some point and it ended up being much more similar to the HD600 FR so I presume the HD6XX would be identical to the newer revision if any.
I've modded other headphones in the past to reduce resonances and shit and I think they worked really well so I'd like to at least do that to the HD6XX as well as the KISS mod.

The sound lacks organic body, timbre sounds artificial, there’s artificial-sounding shrill digital edge to the sound etc. Typical for delta-sigma DACs, they simply don’t sound real.

I think he means it reminds him of a corpse. The DAC evokes memories of when they were thrown into the Pit of Unlife, where they pressed their bodies against the cold and lifeless forms as preparation for the immersion of plankton. The ritual of initiation requires the experience of death after life, the shower of golden semen.

And to add to this, I believe that a sound signature like that sounds good to people like GUTB who believe that artificially bright sound is ”detailed” and ”high-end”. Unfortunately, some of us rather want a lifelike sound instead of something that merely pretends to be detailed.

its flat therefore it doesn't sound like anything. Like all DACs should you waste of oxygen. Do you enjoy listening to music or do you enjoy listening to your setup ? Go choke on marv's cock faggot.

What did you order, user?

Attached: 1512848837695.jpg (640x711, 63K)