Why does Jow Forums hate video games or anything related at all so god damn much?

Why does Jow Forums hate video games or anything related at all so god damn much?
It's a billion dollar industry that helps pushing technology forwards, why do you despise it?

Attached: kid.jpg (945x645, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2018/04/30/newzoo-global-games-expected-to-hit-180-1-billion-in-revenues-2021/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because then they'd have to admit that GPU drivers on linux are terrible. Especially multi-GPU setups or optimus. Windows has no security and enormous footprints yet they manage to make everything work semi decently with all companies. Something Linux has failed so terribly in.

It really is mental gymnastic.

To me it seems like it's a lot of code-monkey elitists. I have a pretty decent work PC provided by my employer, and they don't want to pay for a license so that I can work for home, so my PC is for entertainment only aka gayman.

The aesthetics and marketing of gaymur hardware is pretty cringey, though.

It's not about hating them, but there's like 4 boards for games already and the last thing we need is a bunch of video games threads here. So fuck off back to /v/, retard.

Because they'd have to admit that windows+intel+nvidia iS the superior choice.

>pushing technology forwards, why do you despise it?
Maybe, but most of it is closed-source tech. So who does it benefit?

Optimus works great (out of the box) these days, I remember when it was a pain in the arse on my laptop.

I'll tell you why. I'm going straight to the point, so it might hurt user.

Video games close the door of self-reflection. People are afraid of what lies within themselves.

video gaming manchildren are a yuge problem in todays society
>i can show you where the dragons treasure is hidden in fortnite but can't change the tires or cook for myself
great

>Jow Forums hates vidya
that's just, like, your opinion, man
for vidyagaemz - true. For CUDA - I'd argue about that. My NNs run way better on lignux.

>>>/bootlickers/
so much babble about free market, and then people willfully support monopolies. Sad!

this
and also this. 26yo boomer here, I have a job, a GF and live in my own house; You simply stop having enough time to play any non-casual games - that is, given that you got an actually meaningful relationship and not just a fucktoy. My friend in another country was a hardcore-ish WOW player too, and now that he's married he just stopped because of little amount of time to do that.

I game since I was 10, and I can tell you - it's a numbing pleasure. It's something you should do while commuting on a train, or to pass some empty hours, not as an hobby - unless you got real world friends you play together with, so it can be a moment to socialize.

C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D

That's why I don't want a girlfriend, the job already takes a lot of time away from my hobbies, I don't want something that will take even more.

I do think videogames can be a hobby though.

>Why does Jow Forums hate video games or anything related at all so god damn much?
Gamers start some of the dumbest threads on Jow Forums
>AYYYYYMD BTFO
>JEWTEL HORSEFIRE xDDD
>NVIDIOT xxxxxDDDDDD
>*posts """benchmarks"""*

I sincerely believe that world would become a better place if everyone who plays video games after turning 18 would get killed off. People like that are nothing but a waste of resources, a disgusting deadweight dragging down the society.

CUDA works better on my arch than my windows 10. Dual booted same system.

This, and I say this as someone who plays videogames.

nice arguments there, bud
well, I do have time for my hobbies, but less. And, it's not like I'm sacrificing something, for spending time with your beloved ones ought not be a sacrifice. I travel my country, visit places, see movies - you know, things that people do *outside* of a screen.
edgy

As simple as this.
Beware the eternal linuxtard.

Attached: FOX AND THE GRAPES.png (464x430, 90K)

>Jow Forums is one person
I, personally, don't hate video games but I do think they are a massive waste of time. There are more productive hobbies but to each their own.
>It's a billion dollar industry that helps pushing technology forwards, why do you despise it?
It keeps pushing technology forward hardware wise and backwards software wise.

>yet they manage to make everything work semi decently with all companies
Isn't it the other way around? Companies see that most people use Windows so they make sure their software works on it.

I don't like games too much. But it's ok if someone plays games, I think there are better things to do with technology though.

Because /v/edditors spam hardware wars on Jow Forums.

Just look for wojak images, all /v/.

Ricing your shitty distro isn't even better you gahnoo/retard.

this
it would be if it cost money and it could be called sports
e-sports or something
and ads could be displayed, spyware installed
users remotelly surveilled
yes i can see it happening
energy drink x(tm) presents desktop ricing championships 3000 in partnership with snack brand y: quench your z, consume y

Attached: 1532763479752.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Out of curiosity, how do I make debian feel so laggy with plasma? I have a fairly good gpu as well

*less laggy

is you using a nvidia gpu?

Because Jow Forums is filled with literal neckbeard teenager fucks who pretend like they're "adult" by pretending they dont ever do anything to have fun or entertain themselves.

Dead giveaway of a child ironically enough.

Attached: ff.jpg (600x600, 107K)

I play video games all the time but,

They don't pay developers shit.

They don't let developers express their creativity. Everything is focused around release dates, and making a dollar. Instead of developing a quality game, they force devs to have a rolling release every year or two giving them enough time and resources to not do much of anything. I believe every company is at fault of this besides Rockstar

I play video games because I'm just a normal 25 year old who grew up playing them, but I don't support the industry at all.

Never experienced that issue and I dont use plasma but my first guess is that its some frame synchronisation issue. Turn vsync-like features off for that beutifull screen tearing and see if it still feels laggy. It might narrow down the problem.

You're better off asking people on forums. I am probaly less capable of solving the problem than you are.

If videogames are a hobby then so is fapping and watching MTV trash reality shows

>It's a billion dollar industry that helps pushing technology forwards
No it doesn't. It just allows companies to sell sub-standard components that are years old to gullible retards. All they have to do is stick a "Republic of Predators" logo on it and some LEDs.

The worst part is that even the mods will move your thread to /v/ if it's about something even vaguely related to video games - even if you're just talking about the technology that powers everything and not actually talking about video games.

I don't despises gamers.
I despise shitposters who flood Jow Forums with retarded /b/-tier hardware flame wars.

If /tv/ was constantly spamming Jow Forums with tv wars and oled vs. lcd threads, we'd hate them too. Gaming just breeds singularly autistic (man)children in a way that most other hobbies don't.

Why do you care about what some raging faggot on Jow Forums thinks?

Do you even stoicism?

This. It's sad that 95% of hardware threads are like this

Are you using stable and how new is your gpu?

funny you should mention that because one time I actually did submit a thread on Jow Forums asking which TV I should get and a bunch of people redirected me to

Jow Forums is literally what Jow Forums thinks /v/ is and /v/ is actually more Jow Forums than Jow Forums itself.
my thing is, never listen to Jow Forums. if you listen to Jow Forums you'll end up with.
>a musty old cum covered secondhand chinkpad
>a buggy gen 1 ryzen cpu
>loud rattling hard drives
>a deprecated hobbyist os
>still using windows 7 despite Jow Forums hating it for years
>autism

Originally it was just meant to keep /v/ermin to overrun the board with dozens of shit threads which by all rights would belong to /v/. Nowadays it's mostly edgy tryhards desperate to fit in.

>BASED NVIDIA BTFO AMD PAJEETS. ABSOLUTELY BASED.

Attached: 1470152167113.png (328x408, 83K)

Since when are hobbies supposed to be productive in any way. Some people collect stamps for fuck's sake.

>that helps pushing technology forwards
No. Not the slightest in anything i care.

The digits don't lie.

>t. gaymur

Attached: gamer.png (2518x1274, 785K)

WHIPPED
H
I
P
P
E
D

You're absolutely right though. A hobby does not have to be productive at all. "A hobby is a regular activity that is done for enjoyment, typically during one's leisure time. Hobbies can include collecting themed items and objects, engaging in creative and artistic pursuits, playing sports, or pursuing other amusements."

Good taste.

> t. lonely overweight onanist

Jow Forums would never recommend wangblows, only /v/ does that. Windows is for retards.

Actually I'm a well-endowed chef at Wendys making $500,000 a year.

Of course; and I'm a 7 feet tall top programmer at google with an 8" cock, while my uncle works at nintendo

A large percentage of gamers are manchildren whose knowledge of computing doesn't go far past launching a game shortcut.

>why do i have to post things on the correct board
kys

What is that yellow stuff.

>6666
This man speaks truth!

Only 8 inches?

>its a billion dollar industry
>why does Jow Forums hate it
I wonder

Because this isnt a gaming board, most people here want to talk about technology itself. There is a board made specifically for gaming and it doesnt belong here. Go back to /v/

Jow Forums has FOUR boards for video games

>discuss monitors
>refresh rates are brought up
>"only faggots need high hz back to /v/"

How about you go back to /v/
KID

There are different tiers of hobbies and video games are shit tier. They stunt personal growth in basically every conceivable way. Respectable adult gamers don't exist for good reason.

Most people here play them, it's just some weird board culture thing to pretend to hate them.

It's true, though. Only faggots need high Hz.

there's a board for video games. Go post the shit there. What's the point of having a dedicated board for the shit if you spam it here?

This. Do you ”gamers” really believe that it’s a coincidence that every adult who plays video games is a useless NEET shit who could be killed off with no ill effects to society at all?

This. If g could just filter wojack (besides boomer/zoomer/NPC bc they make me laugh) I think this board would be in good shape.

Because they all use Linux.

Don't bother. There's always at least one retard in these debates who thinks that Microsoft is making all the drivers.

>actual meaningful relationship
>being whipped this fucking hard
christ user, I would hate to be you
even my gf likes playing video games casually

yes, no adult would ever play video games
people must hate you

Don't hate vidya. I hate the focus on it when it come to benchmarks and measuring progress. I also hate all the gaymur marketing crap on PC hardware. There is nothing wrong with entertaining yourself with a game after a days work, its better than tv. It is not ok to make gaymes the focus of your life.

Jow Forums hates /v/ not video games. Just like everybody else on this site.

video games arent technology, get the fuck out of here

>technology
>video games
choose one.

Just larping as people who hate fun. That's it. I've spent plenty of my life playing vidya, and I still do.
The problem is that at times this feels like a consumerist GPU board where people argue over shitty benchmarks rather than doing what Jow Forums is about: effortless shitposting and traps.

Attached: tripcode_thinkpads.jpg (1269x663, 138K)

>Because then they'd have to admit that GPU drivers on linux are terrible. Especially multi-GPU setups or optimus.
what is OpenCL for $500
what is CUDA for $500

ITT people blasting nonsense out of their holes

Attached: wong.gif (250x277, 1.88M)

Started as a defensive mechanism against people going like, 'hey guys how do I install these RGB ram modules in my sick new gaymanPC' but morphed into another way for people to feel elitist about their boring use of their hardware and something that was actually taken seriously by autists.

Lard

>helps pushing technology fowards
citation needed.

Attached: muhgames.jpg (536x582, 124K)

venturebeat.com/2018/04/30/newzoo-global-games-expected-to-hit-180-1-billion-in-revenues-2021/

>venturebeat.com/2018/04/30/newzoo-global-games-expected-to-hit-180-1-billion-in-revenues-2021/
>helps pushing technology fowards
try again

Attached: 1536671838823.png (314x331, 9K)

SuperTuxKart runs smoothly on my Ganoo/Loonix

Attached: 1458098799122.jpg (593x782, 66K)

>multi billion industry doesn't push technology forward

Attached: 1540396635455.jpg (1099x605, 79K)

Because not only are video games mainstream now, but as others have said, Intel+nVidia+Windows are hands-down the best respective choices for gaming and this kills the snowflakes.

stop lying.

>y-you must be lying
your life is just pathetic stop trying

Go back to /v/ right now faggot. You're the neckbeard in that picture, not us. This is a technology board. There are other boards that cater to your gay hobby. Go there and fuck off, nigger.

Attached: ThinkChad.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

I imagine it's half people who hate /v/ and half militant free software people who can't stand that the industry will never be able to follow their philosophies.

It's console games making all that money, and no consoles do not push technology forward, they stagnate it.

>console doesn't need graphics, lol
also:
>I don't know what I'm talking about
inb4
>LOL!!! MORE LIKE MOBILE GAYME MARKET!!!
Quarter (PC) of 137.9 billions is still multi billion market.

Attached: Global_Games_Market_2018.png (4000x2250, 180K)

because i used to be a gamer and now everything about it disgusts me

A few of us don't hate games, we just like things to be on the right board. There are like 4 boards for videogames already. There's a PC building general for those that are bothered about gaming PCs. There's no need for games here.

>Jow Forums hates gaymen
>Literally every post in is oi muh I want a rig for 5K Ultra 320 FPS gaming

>You're the neckbeard in that picture, not us.
Sorry you felt identified.

Your post reeks of room temperature IQ. You have to go back, /v/irgin.

Listen, what follows is the truth for 99% of incels here.

They want to feel like adults, they want to feel like they are accomplishing things so they diss games as something stupid. Usually that person was addicted to games when he was younger and now he sees himself as a big boy.

"I might be an incel who spends all they long in front of the computer but I'm not playing games like you neckbeards"

want proof ?
see this