THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060G1-GAMING-6GD-30

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

Attached: 2018102618530182_big.png (1000x1000, 168K)

babby go

didn't 6gb 1060 exist before ;/

I think a second hand 980 is still better.

GDDR5X version didn't exist until this month

Try READING the page and paying attention

so the only difference is that it has GGDR5X ram?why

same bandwith as normal gddr5
literally what's the point

Attached: Cattura.png (584x132, 5K)

lol fucking retard

What's so special about it? It's a 1060 6GB.

It has GDDR5X VRAM, why they did this is beyond me. I'm assuming it's to sell off any excess 1060 6GB stock they had left from the mining craze.

Gddr5x is incompatible with gddr5 so it ain't that chief

Gigabyte just copypasta from their GTX 1060 page as placeholder

GDDR5X slowest memory starts at 10Gbps, so the memory bandwidth will be 240GB/s

It uses GP104 whereas normal 1060 uses GP106. Maybe this is to sell off a bunch of GP104 that have a bunch of defective cores but can still match 1060 specs.

Any benchmarks? IIRC memory bandwidth wasn't a bottleneck for the 1060 anyway. Has a GTX 2060 been announced yet?

So this is GP104? I noticed it has an SLI connector. That's really weird.

wow its fucking hardly nothing.

Should I get this or a GTX 1060 6gb SC

According to TomsHardware at least. It makes sense since GP106 designs all use GDDR5 while GP104 uses GDDR5X. So they probably had a batch of 1070s ghat didn't quite make it.

No benchmarks yet as far as I can see. But it's probably a small performance bump over a normal 1060.

i'm not biting on gigabyte video cards. current 970 i have i've had to return twice bc the pcb borard burns out every year.

Gigabyte is pretty much the only manufacturer that I trust with RMA's. Literally the only company left that just does RMAs without having to jump through hoops.

This is a lie. EVGA are by far the better company for anything customer service related. I got my RMA approved on the same day I submitted it and a couple weeks later I had a brand new replacement GPU.

>EVGA are by far the better company for anything customer service related.
The evga meme. Those niggers sold me a broken GPU, and then denied me an rma. Gigabyte on the other hand let me rma hardware that I bought second hand from a miner without issues, and took the time to update mobo BIOS (requested) before sending it to me when I bought from the GB store.
Fuck evga, and anyone who claims
that they have good customer service is a lying piece of shit.

So we shouldn't expect RTX 2060 huh? I guess it couldn't even think about raytracing but what about DLSS "AI powered Anti-Aliasing"

>Buying this instead of a pre-owned 1070

Attached: 1539671414599.jpg (250x250, 10K)

I'm not trusting peoples used mining shit.

There will be a 2060 but not till the 2nd half of next year at least. These 1060s are most likely just defective 1070s which have been salvaged so they don't go to waste and the g5x memory is probably also leftovers from the 1080 and 1080 ti that Nvidia have calculated won't be needed/worth using for those GPU because of sales predictions or something. All of this is pretty much Nvidia packing up shop with Pascal now and moving onto their next gen products.

>he bought a NEW last gen card

Attached: laughing sluts 7.jpg (600x393, 52K)

Where did the idea that mining is bad for cards come from?
>stays same temp 24/7
>low voltage
>better ventilated
It's more likely to perform well than a normal users gaming card.

So many of them need new coolers or at least fan replacements.

>buying anything low end

imagine being so scared of the RX590 / RX 680 that you release this piece of shit

Fuck off m8, no one wants your busted ass mining card.

Fuck off. Did you ever see MSI advertisements?! Well, THAT is a manufacturer!

>1070 is high end
>the more it costs, the better it works
cute