Interview Questions That Bother You

>How well do you know X
I hate questions like these, they're so vague and meaningless it's impossible to give an answer without shooting your self in the foot or acting like you know way more than you could possibly know.

Attached: 1513607814151.jpg (1447x2047, 839K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XC-S2DxXqxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hate the one where they ask
>What's your worst quality?
Or something like that I barely I remember.

>interviewers know when you're giving a bullshit "i work too hard!" answer
>but if you say anything you're actually bad at you get cut

>being hired as a tech lead
>Perfectly content doing what I do and don't want to be a people manager.
Where do you see yourself on 5 years?

>Why can't I just be doing what I'm doing?I'm content,don't want to be a manager or architect.

I actually kind of like this question.
It lets me be blunt with them and tell them I'm only here for a year or 2 because of the pay and I actually want to be doing X, Y or Z

but I'm just a lowly entry level employee still so I still have hopes and dreams

>What do you do on your spare time
Whatever I feel like doing, my extracurriculars are none of your damn business.

If I was interviewing and you said that I wouldn't hire because you are a flight risk. Why hire someone you know is only there until something better knocks on their door?

Exactly. What do you do for fun?

Make some shit up about what normies do.

Well I don't literally say
>I'm here for money and I want to leave
but I will say
>I actually want to be doing "blah blah blah" but this is a good opportunity that I might be able to utilize for that

I've done it multiple times and have gotten hired, most tech companies kind of assume you'll be leaving after a few years and as long as you're able to make a few deliverables in that time they're happy.

>I hate questions like these, they're so vague and meaningless it's impossible to give an answer without shooting your self in the foot or acting like you know way more than you could possibly know.
Just like asking someone's gender

i want to nakadashi those lolis

>tell us something about yourself

Attached: 1428163328855s.jpg (231x218, 6K)

It's so that they can know what you define as knowing it

W A T E R M E L O N
A T E R M E L O N
T E R M E L O N
E R M E L O N
R M E L O N
M E L O N
E L O N
L O N
O N
N

>t. transgender

IM HAVING DREAMS OF CHOCOLATE COVERED WATERMELON

youtube.com/watch?v=XC-S2DxXqxo

>how much did you make at your last job
i didn't make much so i could always be low-balled if i reveal but idk if it's legal to hide that info

good post.

god i wish that were me

Tell them things that demonstrate how familiar you are with x.

> I spent n years doing x
> I built a, b and c with x
> x is good because 1, 2 and 3, but you need to be careful of 4, 5 and 6
> I have undo used y which is similar to x but different because...

thus, why ask the question in the first place?
Questions like that are easily gamed and POINTLESS.
It let's sociopaths lie, and it forces good people to lie to compete.
HR should be put in prison.

Neck yourself.

Cute pic dude

The melon right?

The questions are designed in such a way that the interviewer is only really interested in how you respond to them, not the actual content.

Questions such as these are designed to weed out the spergs.

The last thing the IT manager wants is for you to be asked something in the corridor by a c-level and for you to sperg out.

It's basically a check to see you are a normal person.

Attached: b4a.jpg (2048x1477, 382K)

This but unironically
My last "successful" job I never talked to anyone about anything out of work, except one time I had to take a day off to go to my friend's wedding with my gf, so then they tried to talk to me about my gf the entire rest of my time there.
never answer, say it was a different position, ask them what their range is instead

Silly girl! That's not how you eat a watermelon!

HR should be brutally murdered and their heads placed on pikes as a warning to others.

Really nice pic, but the girl on the left looks like she's about to bite into the rind!

Im gonna sound like an edgy teen saying this but goddam do I hate this idea that society has that it's bad to be dishonest unless you're in a job interview like man I'd rather be honest and lose then lie and cheat just so I can drive a BMW and act like a douche call me a pussy if you want I don't really think I'm that bad of a guy

>never answer
too late

Good and bad aren't real moron

This question is meant to filter out autists who are unable to communicate with other people on a friendly level.
If you can't answer a question like this, how can you expect to make literally any small talk or conversation with another coworker?

This. I do interviews. Half of interview questions are to try and figure out if the person is a weirdo or has social problems. We've hired skilled people before only to figure out they're narcissists or love starting shit with coworkers. I'd prefer to hire someone less skilled who gets along with everyone else than someone who's top of their class but can't see a woman and not tell all the other staff how much they want to fuck them (that guy didn't last long)

Personally, while I understand the point of the question, in the heat of the moment I usually end up bullshitting something because I really don't want to say something like
>well I play video games, read books, and draw shitty animu
So I usually say something that probably make me come off autistic because I want to come off as someone who cares about their work and end up saying shit like
>w-well I just make a bllahblahblah linux program and tested the security of my home network!
even though I usually just end up talking about vidya with my coworkers.