Right now there are people on Jow Forums who can't solve a simple Karnaugh map

>Right now there are people on Jow Forums who can't solve a simple Karnaugh map

Attached: file.png (500x483, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nand2tetris.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know what that is, as I've never heard of it.

It's a device that used to solve digital logic problems. They're used to find simplified boolean equations. Really only useful for up to four unknowns, any more and you start getting into 3 and 4 dimension maps, and then things get really tedious.

you use it once in architecture and then never touch it again

I've used them in my hobby work. But there's not that many people that do digital logic shit for a hobby. It's honestly less of a pain in the ass to do it on paper.

It's less of a pain in the ass to let VHDL do it for you

yes, but why WOULD you ever want to spend time on this shit?

OP, if X's are 0, your pic is:
y = A'BC' + A'BD + BC'D + AB'D' + AB'C + ACD'

X is don't care

I never used it outside of uni and completely forgot about it. I wonder if EEs look at software devs as if we were cavemen

Hence why I Don't-Cared it to be 0

>Kavanaugh?

only nand solutions allowed

Kavanaugh map.
>chuckles

x is don't care, so it's whatever is more convenient in the end, which generally means make as many complete even rows, even columns or squares of ones as possible. The rows are also looped so you can connect the top and bottom of each row. You can also connect the left bottom corner with the top right, and the top left with bottom right. Just make as many groupings of 2^n as possible essentially. It would be A'C' + B'D' + A'BD + BC'D + AB'C + ACD' in SOP form from what I remember. POS form is just doing the same thing for all the zeros as the ones and then applying demorgan's theorem.
Kavanaugh maps are easy. All zeros are bud light and just invert anything a woman outputs.

Why? My logic professor says the same thing. Why does everyone have a hard on for NAND and NOR gates?

Yeah SOP is 1's and POS is 0's, I don't think there's any way to do the k-map here with less than 6 prime implicants. It's not a very simple one as he says

meant for Also,
>logic
>women
Since that's the case that's pretty true actually

>Group 1: (0,1,4,5) = A'C'
>Group 2: (0,2,8,10) = B'D'
>Group 3: (5,13) = BC'D
>Group 4: (5,7) = A'BD
>Group 5: (10,11) = AB'C
>Group 6: (10,14) = ACD'
Add them (OR each group) for SOP
F(A,B,C,D)=Em(4,5,7,8,10,11,13,14)+Ed(0,1,2)=A'C+B'D'+BC'D+A'BD+AB'C+ACD'
component cost is 15 gates consisting of AND, OR, NOT.

getting POS is not ideal with this kmap but if you wanted to just group 0s and NOT the function you create.

Welcome to STEM faggot

Easiest to fabricate.

B'C' + A'C' + A'BD + BC'D + ACD' + AB'C

>if your X's are zeros
you've clearly never done a K-map but at least you realized it's combinational logic

Attached: 1540597032948.png (500x483, 54K)

Yeah, and I'm one of them! Got something to say, faggot??? Meet me outside in 5 minutes and I'll bust your fucking nose, you punk bitch!!!!!!

reported to uni mental health center ;^)

>tfw college student in already very liberal state
>I'm moderate, maybe slightly right leaning relative to rest of the country
>here people act like I'm fucking alex jones

Attached: 1537316196986.jpg (480x772, 18K)

>.. in architecture and then never touch it again
I've used this a few times when trying to simplify complicated boolean expressions in my code. I also used it to simplity bitwise equations in one of my assignments.

I'll admit , every time i need to use the maps I have to look through my notes to relearn the minimization process.

Just act super retarded so your real opinions are indistinguishable from jokes

>question on an exam
>simplify digital circuit without Karnaugh map
>uses Karnaugh map to check answers
srsly, wtf is the point of that question? Having me memorize a bunch of logic deductions?

>Oh yeah
>I remember doing this shit in one of my ee classes
So glad I switched to cs

pussy
when in doubt create a truth table and k-map that shit

I switched because a monkey could learn the obscure bullshit. I'm pretty sure we'll automate most of yall pretty soon

Oh look, someone is in first year at uni and wants to homeworkbrag.

Attached: patheticskinner.jpg (500x307, 38K)

nand is complete
aka, you can make all other logic gates with nand.
go check out nand2tetris.org/ if you're interested

>kmaps
>obscure
Uwot

yep

>not using Quine-McCluskey

also only boomers solve them by hand nowadays