How did the "zoomers are good with technology" myth even get started...

How did the "zoomers are good with technology" myth even get started? Zoomers grew up with idiot proof toys where you don't even need to open a manual to understand it because it's so braindead, most of them wouldn't even be able to change a smartphone battery because they grew up with iPhones.

Attached: zoomer.gif (680x498, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>t. zoomer

Alexa, play Enter Sandman.

Attached: 2f6.png (624x951, 551K)

When did Dumbest Generation come up with these beyond retarded names?

Goddamn it, kids. This is why I call you Dumbest Generation.

30 y\o boomers who don't understand tech

Attached: 1540321821592na.webm (540x960, 2.84M)

>How did the "zoomers are good with technology" myth even get started?
Boomers.

Additional reading:
coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/

It's an old meme passed down from your parents, like their parents before them. You too will pass it down to your nephews and nieces.

When they say they're good with technology they don't mean with hardware or programming. It just means they know their way around the internet and know all the best phone apps/games and have a big Steam library. They're all basically technology addicts who fell for big tech company branding (Facebook/Reddit/Instagram/Snapchat/Apple/Google/etc). And they have a very basic understanding of how to fix shit, which is way more than what boomers know.

>It just means they know their way around the internet
but they don't. They probably only use 20 sites

Lots of zoomers begin learning programming at a very young age, just look at Roblox

This. Zoomers literally don't remember a time when people actually "surfed the web" and just went to random websites. Everything is concentrated to a few sites now.

>I go to 20 grocery stores, therefore I am superior

Attached: MQy7AL9.jpg (675x1200, 104K)

same user visiting over 20 sites is great but if you're commonly using more than 20 that's kinda stupid.
there's a difference between using stumbleupon and looking at Jow Forums

t. npc

I agree with the sentiment new generation does tech better since they grow up with it.
I'm literally a 30 year old boomer and I still don't use my phone that much, besides checking my email and maybe some light browsing while waiting on a public transportation. I don't know jack shit. I never for example post/browse 4chinz on mobile, before doing many stuff I need to sit my ass down, find a desktop pc, boot it up, open a monster, go to youtube and listen to LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft AC/DC - You shook me all night long (remix).

DESU, I'm surprised at how slow kids type.

It's not uncommon to see "X is typing" for a solid 15 seconds just to get a one liner sentence.

Attached: Person-is-typing-Person-is-typing-Person-is-typing?size=800.jpg (800x800, 119K)

why are you chatting with kids

We've got interns at work.

Please be a trap

Is she ok? Is that a tic?

Boomer you think technology is your ally? You merely adopted the tech. I was born in it, molded by it.

white whores shouldn't try that shit
leave it to chinks, she looks retarded

t. incel

We're just naturally very good with the cyber.

Attached: PSX_20181027_071029.jpg (500x625, 69K)

gogolina13k
>russian
>white

Just means they started typing then seamlessly flowed their attention focus to another task, then seamlessly between several devices, then back again.

I think being familiar is more accurate.

the absolute lank of this lad

Or they were typing up one response, thought better of it, deleted it and went with a much simpler statement.

I am a teacher and it's not uncommon to get himework essays they found on fucking facebook, because they are too retarded to use anything else. Zoomers are tech morons, and only the technologically impaired literal boomers think they know anything.

Zoomers cannot use a command line. Zoomer intern uses Anaconda GUI instead of the command line... mfw

This meme started with the millennials actually using shit like BASIC etc..
They were indeed much better than the boomers at computers, but the situation changed completely but the meme still lives.

Is this like Windows where every other generation is useless?

Unless you burn apple to the ground and make the computers come with basic in memory, it's probably just a long series of increasingly stupid kids.

Not necessarily; we just need to educate kids about computers properly. In all honesty, the Raspberry Pi is currently doing the best job of this.

>tfw technology is ingrained in everyones lives but normies dont really understand how thing works and they just see them as magic boxes
>tfw you are a literal wizard of the digital world

I live in the best era

LOL cuz he die virgin

>LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft AC/DC - You shook me all night long (remix).
> mfw this is actually a thing

Attached: 1475022563726.jpg (720x480, 27K)

I agree. There are plenty of zoomers that can use Linux/UNIX for an OS and are fairly comfortable with CLI's

This x googolplexplex