Explain to me why Androidians think having a fuckton of RAM is good? In reality...

Explain to me why Androidians think having a fuckton of RAM is good? In reality, it's an absolute embarrassment and testament to how poorly optimized the Android OS is, which requires a massive amount of hardware to run.

Apple devices can run faster on half the RAM, and access open apps without having the need to restart them.

Attached: andyhasroids.png (600x841, 507K)

a thread died for this shitpost

>TFW, you only have 512MiB of RAM

When did you guys realise you dont need fancy hardware for most tasks?

So it wouldn't need to close backround application if you dared to open more than one tab in a browser.

>Apple devices can run faster on half the RAM
This is where you're wrong chum, apps always startup faster on Android.

This may be unrelated, but that's a good meme. Reminds me of some fucking idiot at university who thinks that I can't do anything with my 2GB ThinkPad because of the little memory. In truth, it covers all of my needs and most of the time the memory usage isn't even above 50%.
The difference, also, is not only that I use Linux, but also the tools I use. Like editing simple C programs in vim, rather than creating a whole project in NetBeans for stuff as simple as a fizzbuzz. Sadly, most imbeciles at my university cannot comprehend this.

>Apple devices can run faster on half the ram
ram =/= speed
>and access open apps without having the need to restart them
this is untrue. iphone apps often need to restart after sitting in the background for too long.

>tfw two intelligent

512mb used to be fine for linux with a wm but after systemdicks took over just a tty uses like 300mb of ram.
You're pretty much stuck with open,dragonfly or netbsd now for older shitboxes

>Explain to me why Androidians think having a fuckton of RAM is good?
Yeah, but how much are we talking about? It's not like it needs 6 or 8 gigs, but put out a phone with that much RAM and people are going to wank over it. People like seeing high numbers is all. Bigger is better to most of them, even if it serves no purpose.

Why is iOS is so slow?
Way faster CPU, super slow phone
>mUh optimization

Attached: 1534611016421.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

They think the specs - some numbers on a paper is what makes their phone superior cause its all they have.
Shitty design, everyone can see from a mile its a copy of the latest iPhone iteration. Shitty software and a shitty Chinese brand.

You wanna know how you open apps fastest? Don’t have an animation. That doesn’t mean your device is the fastest, it just means you can open an app .5 seconds faster.

>tfw iOS needs a CPU almost twice as fast to keep up with Android
Talk about optimization here

iToys run slow as all fuck and the apps take forever to load. Android phones that have more RAM are like twice as fast. Apple is just jewing you because you're a fucking moron and you'll buy shit with 2013 tier hardware. Suck my fucking dick, poorfag. I bet you have a little crapple laptop with 4GB of RAM and you think you're hot shit for that too. I have a workstation with 128GB of RAM that I use as a fucking RAM disk to load my OS into. Guzzle my semen you dirt poor bitch.

Attached: 1539656040640.png (480x480, 453K)

Delight animations.
There, problem solved.

Let me guess, you're using Ubuntu. Arch32 sits under 50 MiB of used memory with X, dwm and a terminal started, and I assume most of that is wasted by X. I've had 64 bit installs use 18 MiB of RAM in a TTY with htop running. Keep in mind that it uses systemd which you hate so much.
Here's a tip: use a lightweight distro or disable services you don't need.

>Optimized OS
>in the age of Zoomer coding ruining everything, making everything run worse and require 10 times more CPU and RAM for the same task from 15 years ago
TOP LEL

install void faggot

I don't want to have shitty non-GNU utilities as defaults in my system. My computer is not an embedded device. Void would make more sense as a router distro than anything.

>his pc has more than 2 gb of ram

Attached: screenshot.png (105x66, 961)

With 2GiB you can run Android perfectly fine, anything else is just for multitasking, and to be honest, it's pretty much pointless to have anything above 4GB, since you can already hold a massive amount of shit with that. Above 6GiB is just markerting imo

i think that they are not taking it far enough. With properly written software they could literally preload everything into ram at start and enjoy much faster load times at this point when phones can have ~8GB of RAM

>unused ram is wasted ram

>it's pretty much pointless to have anything above 4GB
Unless you live in the age of zoomer coding where both the browser and the website are jointly coded to suck 10 times more RAM for the same fucking quantity of UI elements as 10 years ago.

Attached: 1236716088428.jpg (374x356, 20K)

This would waste a shitton of battery. There's a reason we are using this amount of RAM right now, to save power by caching shit you already opened + multitasking without impacting the CPU.

Apple devices have half the features so running on half the RAM isn't an achievement.

Retarded and useless test which shows nothing, stop posting it. It's not even a benchmark because almost everything is outside your control.

My "massive amount of hardware" is cheaper than your basedphone

i got got

Attached: 1254578.png (1005x410, 698K)

>12GiM for under $30
>Over Clocked pentium
>Minimal Linux/GNU system
D-did I win?

Explain to me why iToddler subhumans put up with paying 4X more for 1/2 the RAM.

Attached: 1533828462262.webm (640x360, 1.55M)

Maybe cause all apps in the android devices are running in the background sapping your data.

Cope harder street shitter.

Attached: 1537549083563.webm (640x360, 545K)

Opening apps relies heavily on I/O operations so opening apps is a rather limited benchmark for measuring real world usecase performance.

Opening apps and checking content is 99% of real world use case for phones. Not everyone is a manchild GAYMER jerking it to the latest angrybirds release like you iToddler.

Attached: 1534966604216.jpg (685x676, 106K)

maybe if you knew anything about software development, you wouldn't create this thread. But you don't, so you did. Maybe this lame ass superficial argument works with your family at the table while eating dinner, because no one understands these concepts anyway and probably don't care and you want is to make yourself look clever.

Why do people who have no clue about a subject feel the need to share their opinion about it? You don't see me starting threads, shitting my views on quantum physics around. Why? Cause I know nothing about it and I don't want to look stupid, waste people time and contribute nothing to the discussion. I suggest you do the same. The world would be a better place if people stopped discussing matters they know nothing about.

Do your homework before you want to talk about something. Retard.

>You wanna know how you open apps fastest? Don’t have an animation
xD

>muh large RAM on phones
>mosfet transistors are so close that electrical field from row of transistors above effects the row below, creating a phenomena called rowhammering or double rowhammering, allowing for any program (especially javascript) to copy itself over to any memory space and give itself privileges and read memory out of its privilege

**smugly chuckles**

Attached: 4f9.png.jpg (600x600, 50K)

just logging into my debian install utilizes only 150-200mb. i don't know what you are talking about.

It's TOO intelligant, you fucking idiot.

I recently upgraded to 32GiB of RAM. It's comfy.

Poor fag detected

Not only does my daily driver only have 3GB of RAM, Chromium locked up all my shit right as I was about to post in here, reaffirming the meme in the OP. However, Apple products are for fags, and so is OP. I don't even carry a phone, and if I did, I'd carry a dumbphone; do you even care about build quality in the products you use?
This is true with many distros with unoptimized default kernels like Ubuntu. I get along fine with Slackware, pic related.
What hardware are you running oldfriend?
Android runs like shit on everything. Given that the only other option is Apple, you should really consider not even carrying a smartphone. What kind of practical utility do they even have to where a normal, functioning human being can't get along fine without one?
The number one priority of a phone past build quality is battery life, if you're using it as a communication device. This wouldn't be ideal.
gg user
As much as I want to agree with you user, this is not a proper rebuttal. You have refuted none of his claims, and have resorted to character assassination.
We live in a world where even the poorest class in the United States can live what would have been considered an aristocratic lifestyle some decades ago just by living out of thrift stores. The fact that coffee is so cheap that hipsters have to complain about the subtle nuances of it is pretty spectacular. Same goes with beer to a lesser extent.

Attached: 2018-10-27-230913_1400x1050_scrot.png (1400x1050, 1M)

iOS dev here: more RAM prevents apps from reloading which reduces NAND i/o and cpu decoding resources from being used which overtime improves battery life and performance since everything is already there in the RAM. This is not noticeable when you first get your phone and install your apps but over time apps generate cache and that gets crammed into RAM and either put into a cached partition or literally takes up free RAM. Best case cpu has to purge cache section of RAM, worst case it kills other apps to make space to load more things. Anyway on iPhones the OS itself does not use a lot of RAM since it's very close to the metal and so are most apps BUT the difference between that and java apps that run on a JVM are setting smaller and smaller because either devs don't optimize their swift code or android devs optimize their java code to run as close to the metal as possible even through a VM.

So generally speaking the more RAM you have the bigger the headroom you have for storing apps and their cache and the longer it will take to max out the RAM. Though generally BEFORE app cache is generated iPhones can perform just as well as Android phones with 50% more RAM but once app cache is generated they take up about the same space on iPhones and Android phones.

Attached: 1539912686469.png (1280x781, 789K)

I hate Apple but I like ObjectiveC. How fucked am I?

>tfw only 1kb of ram

Attached: G4Itprs.png (690x539, 36K)

Learn swift, it's on par with java running on a JVM but much easier to use. Not as close to the metal as objective C but it honestly doesn't matter anymore given how powerful mobile CPUs have become and how much fucking RAM there is. A decade ago I don't think we even had 512MB of RAM on smartphones. We'll probably have 6 or 8GB RAM iPhones before 2020 anyway.

I'll never know why so many (((privacy conscious))) individuals insist on using a mobile platform developed by an advertising company

Don't pretend like apple doesn't collect your data too. Even if they don't as much as google, they let chink and russian app developers do it and they get a cut for not banning their apps.

desu I just like it because it's C with object orientation if you want it and it's more concise and to the point than C++

Daily reminder that iToddler blah blah Apple Rox yadayada britfag Muhammad doxxed poorfag iFag Tim Cock pajeet rajesh rajeet poo2loo

Here’s a list of 1000 archive links because I spend all day on Jow Forums waiting for anything Apple-related to be posted.

Also here’s some shitty memes and debunked Webms I cooked up etc etc

A[?]toddlers btfo
>I will also ignore this was already fixed in 11.1.1

lmao get a life imagine being this assblasted iPoor LagOS how will ever recover suicide watch

Fortunately that's easy to avoid by not installing apps from redirects.

That comes at cost of being farther away from the metal and trusting the compiler to do more of the dirty work for you. In the end you're gonna have to consider performance vs faster prototyping. I would recommend objective C for a 256MB RAM iPhone 6 but even $20 wallmart android phones have at least 1GB of RAM these days.

At least my iPhone gets updates. How are those 2 year old zero days treating you?

>access open apps without having the need to restart them
>This is what iSheep actually believe

The apps that I mentioned ARE IN THE APPSTORE.

Android enterprise phones have been a thing for a while now and even those that aren't still receive a few security updates every year from their carrier or manufacturer.

hi

I'm not even interested in phone development. I just like it's GNUstep implementation.

This is true at first but as apps generate cache both iOS and Android have to store the same amount of cache for the app (images, video chunks, history, ext).

Then by all means code away I guess.

Street shit harder iPoojeet. You can lie all you want, but you will never be able to meme that android OS version updates are the same as android security updates.

Attached: 1516556738177.jpg (1170x1618, 510K)

Stop wasting space.

Attached: compiler-flags.png (600x841, 476K)

You know what's even shittier at optimization?
Chrome OS.
Whoever the fuck thought that running Linux apps in emulator on top of browser running on Linux itself is a good idea?
It's some fucking pajeet inception.

this, but unironically

>hue hue you guys just gotta have optimized OS is all.
>WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY ANIMATION SPEEDS?
Just kill yourself, faggot.

Enjoy your device turning into toaster in half a year

I think that was part of the joke genius

In 2016 I bought a phone with 3GB of RAM. It was a lot on Android 6. Now you need that much on Android 8.1 for it to be usable. I have a 6GB phone that is faster than my 4GB Samsung S8.