Is Manjaro just a mene or is it really the end all be all of Linux like everyone says?

Is Manjaro just a mene or is it really the end all be all of Linux like everyone says?

Attached: gnome-170.png (1390x698, 665K)

Yes

It's just a less stable version of Arch.

its for people trying to cope with being retarded

Been running a VM for 3 months now. Pretty comfy. If the VM can last a year without breaking on an update I might actually install it on metal.

Shit version or Arch

How can anything be less stable than Arch?

Thanks user

Attached: download_20181023_220557.jpg (1080x1080, 108K)

it's a less autistic version of arch. you may as well use fedora with the -testing repos enabled *tips*

It's a no-hassle distro, so of course \G\ would hate it.
Installed on an optimus laptop, and it configures everything to jass werks, including installing bumblebee

just use fedora or debian ffs

I thought those were full of spyware like Ubuntu?

I tried manjaro out in an VM a few days ago. Out of the box, it had more than 200 updates. Fine. Just run "sudo pacman -Suy" right? WRONG!!

Manjaro is a meme. And pretty fucking useless as a serious distro.

Linux babby here, I've use it for like 6 months and I haven't encountered any problem yet. Everything worked out of the box. I've use Mint before which I had some issues with driver wifi (though it was easily fixable).

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1526827586615.jpg (576x768, 62K)

No problems here it seems to just werk. It's amazing that all the Arch elitists are in here saying it is unstable or shit. They truly are the cancer of the Linux world.

Don't forget to turn your clock back.

Why didn't sudo pacman -Syu work?

pls stop being a retard

It's a nicely wrapped Arch. I use and like it.

>mene
there are only 3 (4) distros of GNU/Linux, and they are:
Debian
Gentoo
Fedora
(Arch)

Attached: 1024px-Gnu_meditate_levitate.png (1024x890, 438K)

Manjaro isna trash distro.

Ironically Ubuntu, or its derivatives, will end up being the apex distro.

Getting live streaming working on fedora is too much of a bitch it's a deal breaker. Go ahead and try it on chromium or firefox.

this. Only red hat and debian have enough support to mantain an operative system

>Doesn't know about Void
>Doesn't know about Slackware
>Doesn't even list Mandriva.

>Only red hat and debian have enough support to mantain an operative system
True. I'd probably throw Susse in that boat as well.

I had started with Ubuntu to Debian. Debian to Arch. And Arch to Manjaro. I can honestly say that it is the best I've used. Arch was nice but I was never good enough at it to make things work perfectly. Then I installed Manjaro and I'm not looking elsewhere. The only issues I've had are problems across Linux. Installed the i3 flavor. Comfy as fuck.

Slackware always fucks up my network.

Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without Windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a Windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that Windows is more than just Office ? It's a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people don't realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Windows 10, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

It's just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer from start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of Windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.

>It's just a less stable version of Arch.
>Less stable
>Arch

Attached: 1535834228906.jpg (720x532, 65K)

Been using it for the past month. No real complaints. I'm to lazy for normal Arch, and before that I was either on Ubuntu or Debian. I'm sure my opinion will change when something blows up.

End all be all? idk about that but I just like it as I'm not autistic enough to have time to install and configure Arch but I like pacman and the AUR

The worst "Arch" flavor out there

The only cool thing about it is the AUR, but if you're an average person you don't even need all that software and all that bleeding edge updates. That only makes sense for linux developers, and they use Arch anyway.
Just stick with *buntus.

true I always forget about openpepe, it has some good market share on Europoor

Never had any problems with Manjaro. It just werks

>performance and compatibility issues
[laughs]

>Linux developers use Arch.

You're mom

they do, deal with it. I said Linux devs for a reason. Software devs in general prefer *buntu.

Linus uses Fedora, before that he used Slackware.
unless you mean developers are free software in general in which case it probably is popular.

It's fine after you get multimedia codex working. Do I think you might have problems if you're into gaming.

I refuse to use anything other than debian.

Why is that? Does Debian have better/more useful features?

Attached: 1516229775601.gif (299x299, 1.68M)

>\G\

You seem retarded

>be manjaro
>claim to be rolling
>kernel comes as an LTS
>security, DE and other updates delayed for up to 2 weeks
>has version numbering
>normies use it because they can't type some easy to follow commands in tty but claim how good Arch wiki is

Absolute state of normiefags.