Here's your notch, brah

Here's your notch, brah

Attached: 1519914363587.png (800x800, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ljt_Awl7Aaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>16:9

Plus the notch. What's wrong with it? You want 4:3?

>round corners

It's absolutely reasonable, your fingers are much larger than the rectangular corners. The corners are literally unusable area.

>capacitive physical buttons
aka the worst of both worlds

my BlackBerry Key2 is great, thanks.

I don't need my video corners being cropped

Did the screen fall out already?

Okay but nearly all media is rectangular so youre pointlessly losing out on a tiny bit.

No, it'd be 9:16

T-t-thanks

Attached: 1540659485491.jpg (361x480, 19K)

LG v10 second screen master race

>physical buttons.

no thanks.

how about we just fucking get rid of the front-facing camera? instagram whores can get a different model

Instagram whores can get a rear facing screen for an additonal $1000.

>round corners
>not having fingerprint sensors integrated with power button on the side of the phone

Remove the bottom bezel and have gestures with no dumb indicator for brainlets and you have a good phone design.

19:9

So the same thing as now except permanent black background? Are you retarded?

>I want to move my finger instead of tapping the screen to use my phone slower
t. brainlet

The idea is that every single Poodroid phone with a notch has a huge chin with nothing on it. Instead they can put the fucking button on there and save lots of space to display actual content.

Remove the stupid rounded corners.

Change to rectangular corners and you're solid.

Attached: 1510973848842.png (800x800, 13K)

Any app that doesn't permanently waste screen space with buttons requires a gesture to bring them up anyway. You already swipe from the top to get your notification tray, why not from the bottom to get your app tray?

Good.
Now, what are the specs?

>want to go to home screen
>first I have to swipe up
>then I have to press home button
Yeah fuck that

yes don't want to diminish your viewing experience on a 6 inch mobile device. how unfortunate would it be to have 10 pixels cropped off the corners of your shitty 1080p rip of the latest flick

Haven't thought about that actually, but from the top of my head it would be 2560x1440 main display area (+ whatever the notch come down to), some high end CPU/GPU, 8 GB RAM, 64 GB storage + SD card slot, replaceable battery

Why give a fuck about an edge-to-edge display on a phone anyway? Unironically, what's the value in having a bezel-less phone? What are you doing on your phone that a lack of bezels would enhance your experience?

Attached: thinking on a thinkpad.png (600x450, 227K)

The point of the notch is to get rid of bezel dumbass, by doing this you're basically just recreating a bezel.

based and redpilled.

>5.7" display would make the device over 3" wide
Useless.

>time is 14:88
I see what you did there, OP.

>Having status icons even on full screen apps
Wew

>t brainlet
The reason they can't get rid of a chin is the same reason that won't allow buttons there

>no front stereo (dual) speakers
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Fuck that shit, I need more space than three status icons.

I think about this a lot. Fucking when did we decide that a front facing camera was a MUST? Why did we decide, as a species, that a gadget to take a picture of YOURSELF was of such massive fucking importance that nobody thinks to maybe just not have one

I'd unironically buy this design.

16:9 is fine.

16:10 would be ideal but no phone manufacturer seems to want to go there.

While you might not be interested in viewing 100% of your content, others are. It's not just video, it's pictures, UI and general content that is rendered on screen that gets cropped. Look up iPhone 10's reveal, they showed an AR game designed specifically for the device, and you could see the UI getting cropped, not only by the notch but also by the rounded corners.
If the corners are unusable for anything interactive, that makes them good for passive visual elements. Cropping the corners is simply arbitrary.

The entire social media shit is based on narcissism and self indulgence. No shit it got popular under normies.

Change to 1080p and you're solid.

with the pocophone f1 you can with a simple settings toggle get the black top bar around the notch with white icons all it needs now is physical buttons on its chin

not bad. just needs aquare screen corners, not the round crap

>statusbar == bezel

Attached: e02.jpg (645x588, 29K)

+1
and round corners are a must

The OnePlus 6 uses the top area for notifications if you disable the notch, so it's halfway there.

Attached: Screenshot_20181028-080340.jpg (1080x2280, 397K)

>haiding the natch works so grate!11

Attached: CzGrVWB.jpg (1534x2048, 151K)

OP6 doesn't have this problem. You have to explicitly allow apps to use the notch area.

>having notch in general

fuck ur retarded i bet u have pixel or iphone and suck dicks all day

Just go back to the old design, something like a Galaxy S5 was far superiorto the current designs.

So, this?

Attached: medium01.jpg (940x620, 76K)

or this

Attached: 0004022_htc-one-m7-801n-32gb-silver_420.jpg (420x419, 15K)

I'm using an S5 now, I might upgrade to a S7 or S8 eventually and then to something newer once the notch phase is over

>niggeraudio

>Notch at all
>digitally rounded corners
repulsive.

>notchfags will never ever get this

Attached: 1532189589958.jpg (1280x600, 129K)

God fucking damn. That's not a problem unless you're trying to backport a gesture system into a button-based system that still has to support buttons.

We've known that for six years already. Some of us, at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ljt_Awl7Aaw

have to disagree on that one, i wish my keyone buttons were either physical or just on screen.

>No chin: buttons on screen
>Chin: put the buttons on it

This.
My p20 pro has 18:9 under eat the notch. I can't go back now.

Holy fuck what kind of monstrosity notch is this?

>I can't go back now.
Fuck off consumerist whore.

That hasn't been how android handles notifications for the last 3 or so years.

It works great on phones that aren't fucking garbage and have a full, normalized aspect ratio below the notch
Pixel 3. I swear to God the people who designed the last 2 Gens of pixel phones are Apple insiders trying to make the worst design possible.

>Pixel 3
I bet that's moot's doing, just to piss off Jow Forums

What's the fucking point? Why can't I get a phone that just has three extra tactile buttons on the side, right below the volume keys. The S9 is good about this if you remap the Bixby button to the back function, so a phone with three physical sids buttons and no remapping required would be God tier. I've almost considered the "diy hacker phone" meme for this reason alone.

Theoretically a smaller phone with the same screen size. Or larger screen on same size phone. I just don't see why you'd need more than 16:9. It's useless height you don't need. Make them 16:9 or 16:10, hell, make it 3:2. Horizontal space is nice for fitting an actual sentence on the screen. Vertical space adds lines, but when I'm reading something, I scroll way before I reach the bottom of the screen, so it's just wasting backlight power, gpu power, and it makes the phone taller than necessary. I guess 16:9 is efficient for displaying video though, so I guess it's still an acceptable compromise, and it does give you some more space when your soft keyboard is active. But making it taller just doesn't make any sense at all.

this

We're talking about optimizing a portable device.
So, it's about minimizing its size, while maximizing the display.

no

Rear fingerprint scanner > front

16:10 would not be ideal at all. It's great as a monitor resolution, but on a phone it's too wide. Width is the biggest thing that makes big phones hard to hold. The original Galaxy Note was 16:10 and it's way wider than the Note 9, P3XL, iPhone XS Max, etc.

>capacitive nav buttons
Fuck off faggot

Thats the keyone and yes
No it isn't you fag
I fucking hate blackberry for not going for software keys or physical buttons

I miss the nexus 5

Cope

Attached: Screenshot_20181028-183158_Aicp_Extras.png (1080x1920, 123K)

We already have several phones with perfect notch(and by that I mean no notch). The real cancer now is rounded corners.

can i just get a smartphone with
>no notch
>no rounded corners
>a fucking slide out physical QWERTY keyboard
>no useless front-facing camera
>an infrared sensor

>bezels are more important than a selfie cam
honestly, are small bezels that much more significant to your life?

Physical keyboards are cancer.

>no notch
>no rounded corners
Do-able

>a fucking slide out physical QWERTY keyboard
Not happening anymore, sorry.

>no useless front-facing camera
Phones can't sell these days if you can't take a selfie with it. Here's an idea I've randomly thought up though: what if we had a slide out front camera? Like it was able to be stored inside the phone, and you could push some button to make it come out the side? That would eliminate the need for a notch and hide the front camera most of the time?

This idea obviously would never sell, and neither would your dream phone, sadly.

>an infrared sensor
Not enough people want this for it to be valid anymore.

>The real cancer now is rounded corners.
preach

I got the Samsung S8+ and if you only knew how bad things are. Rounded corners are only the third in priority when you rank the worst things first. Notch is the first but right after comes rounded edges. My phone doesn't have a notch but has both rounded corners and rounded edges. I would rather keep the rounded corners than the rounded edges. In practically any lighting they shine the ceiling lamp right back to you from some part of the round edge. Good luck watching a video from that. Also it doesn't even have stereo speakers so it sounds weird after getting used to Sony phones. I think my next one might be Sony again.

>Here's an idea I've randomly thought up though: what if we had a slide out front camera? Like it was able to be stored inside the phone, and you could push some button to make it come out the side?
There already are at least two such models.

I use the front camera so rarely it could not exist at all as well.

I think it was about muh video calls at first. Which nobody uses now.

Gestures actually feel much comfier for me. At least the right gestures, that is simple flicks. It also feels more responsive when you drag a UI element along your finger (compared to tap and watch what happens).

>permanent status icons
Now that's something I can get behind. Even in games and videos since that part of the screen is taken up by sensors and cameras.

What pajeet ROM is that?

634 cores x 232345 GHz, 112^3412 TB of RAM, 3^13x13^3 resolution. 4*10^70 TB memory so you can store the colour of each atom in the universe and 1/2+sqrt(5)/2 SD slots for maximum aesthetic. Also battery holds longer than the device will last, and the device will last enough that your grand^12 children could use it assuming you will reproduce.

AICP

This. I have BB with 1:1 display and that's good for content but doesn't leave much space for toolbars/headers, I would like it to be a bit taller. sqrt(2) aspect ratio when

Wow, and for only $10~

Are they capacitive or are they physical? You don't get to be mechanical and tactile at the same time.

But at some point optimizing the display size doesn't bring as much benefit as working on other parts would. I think the hardware we have is pretty mature (multi-core CPUs in a pocket, superfluously high res displays; however I'm sad that we don't have specialized phones and only one-size-fits-all generic slabs) and the main point should be putting that to fullest use.

based and 1920x1200pilled

>I'm sad that we don't have specialized phones
I still don't get why they didn't use physical buttons for the navbar.

Attached: 1088BlackBerryKey2.jpg (720x480, 47K)

That is right sir. We open for preorder.

Yeah, Blackberry is my last hope. But then they have tightly closed bootloader and you can't mess with OS.