Wireless devices

So Jow Forums, I'm starting to get really interested on wireless devices for a cleaner environment.
What's your opinion on it? Is it a meme?

Attached: wireless.jpg (300x169, 17K)

What do you actually want to achieve with this thread?

Right now I'm using the mk850 logitech's combo - a little overpriced but multidevice and it has a cool workflow (I can copy/paste from one machine to the other).

Next step - to find a headset that's also multidevice and won't cost a kidney
Do any of you have a suggestion?

Attached: headset.jpg (400x400, 29K)

I mean, you can just as easily build holes into your desk for mouse and keyboard cables if you really want an uber clean look, and just move them back to where they need to be to be hidden when you're done.

I will say though, going from a wireless mouse to a wired mouse fucking sucks having to set up your cable in a manner that it won't get caught while you're using it

>inb4 just get a mouse bungie
no fuck you, I refuse to spend money on something so goddamn stupid looking

Wireless mice are OK, but I'm still doubtful about the encryption on keyboards since someone can potentially sniff out the signal and steal login information.

I don't like them very much, but if I have to, I will use them.

>mouse bungie

What the actual fuck, I'd never known it was actually a thing

>cleaner environment

Wireless devices consume more energy, thus polluting the environment more.

If you are willing to narrow the selection to a handful of choices go for it. But you'll soon learn that there are about two wireless pieces of hardware even worth owning and they are a wireless trackpad and MS Arc keyboard, once you own those, the rest are just useless junk not worth throwing out money. Stick to the wires.

yea, it's literally the dumbest thing alive and even I'm not frustrated enough by the minor snags to buy one and they clearly bother me

>wireless trackpad
>trackpad

Jesus Christ, are there people who fall for this?
I mean - I can understand buyng a trackball. But a trackpad? Really?

No idea. Better stick to those shitty cables and buy as much as you can, knowing they will last 2 months tops

What is the problem here officer?

I use an Anne Pro 2 and an MX Ergo, feels good man

They're literally the worst part of any notebook and you bring them to a computer
It's like paying to get the salad on a barbecue

>muh feels
not an argument as they say, you faggot

How long did you take to adapt to a trackball?

So then, why? Why a trackpad?
In which points are they better than a normal mouse?

ergonomics

Don't bother if you're into any kind of PC gaming whatsoever.

Be prepared to trade off your wires for a drawer full of batteries if you're a heavy user.

Attached: 1479604798632.jpg (470x534, 50K)

Not him but it takes you about a week before you really master a trackball, at least it did for my trackman, it may be different for thumb models.

>He doesn't use rechargables

logitech razer

Attached: test-normal__instr-x86.jpg (10x10, 702)

a couple hours, but I also grew up with a trackball for a couple of my formative years so maybe I just remembered how to do it. Either way I've had people try it out with zero experience and they get the hang of it after a few minutes.

the lag on modern wireless devices is literally 1mhz, which is 1/1000th of a second, people aren't fast enough for that to matter

I got the apple magic keyboard. Never drops connection.

>arched up hand and fingers
Nope

>says mouse user
sad

>wirelsss trashpad

why?

Might make sense for a mouse which you use with a laptop since you don't have to bother with the cable every time you pack it up or take it out, but I don't see any real advantage for a stationary desktop computer. I never have issues with the mouse cable after making sure it won't snag and that I have just the right amount of slack.

the ergos on a track pad are shit though, an ergo mouse or trackball are better

pretty sure its still like 16-35ms lag even on the ones that claim there is nun.

theyre good if you dont mind cancer

Because of bluetooth?

yea

He means 'Drawer full of rechargeable batteries and wall charger'

This may just be me, and i'm not sure if its placebo, but i've always found wirless mice to be innacurate. I've got a really basic wired microsoft mouse and I can make the smallest, most precise movements in software like GIMP. Then i'll use wireless mouses and find i have roughly anywhere from 10-30% lower precision, and this is after tweaking sensitivity.

its because the clicking on wireless mice feels fast but the movement has lag.

sending on off via wireless is alot harder than XY data at a high frame rate.

I got a bungee and you're right it looks fucking dumb but it's a USB hub and it keeps my braided cable from fraying (my old mouse's cable started slipping through a hole in the sleeve)

Don't use them for a stationary setup. You'll either waste money on batteries, or end up wearing out rechargable batteries, which means you would be leaving them plugged in any way. Get wired devices, and route the cables for cleanliness.

Attached: 1425848385856.gif (400x225, 2.68M)

Is it true wireless being shit for audio is just an old Bluetooth meme? It’s all good now?

Lossless audio over bluetooth still isn't quite there yet. Most people won't hear a difference though.

I use a Logitech wireless keyboard with touchpad.
It just werks, and its charge lasts for at least a whole year.