Just got an iPhone, and what the fuck? There's no Jow Forums app?

Just got an iPhone, and what the fuck? There's no Jow Forums app?

Say it ain't so

Attached: 1523340808028.png (750x1334, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerist.com/2010/06/21/privacy-change-apple-knows-your-phone-is-and-is-telling-people/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html
theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/15/apple-removing-iphone-home-button-fingerprint-scanning-screen
theintercept.com/2016/11/17/iphones-secretly-send-call-history-to-apple-security-firm-says/
theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/04/apple-data-privacy-icloud
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/05/new-guidelines-outline-what-iphone-data-apple-can-give-to-police/
cultofmac.com/486028/apple-distributors-china-arrested-selling-data/
appleinsider.com/articles/18/09/07/dozens-of-ios-apps-secretly-collect-location-history-for-data-monetization-analysis-says
copperhead.co/android/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

at least it has foobar

was dat

Attached: 1516103077323.gif (652x562, 626K)

Apple dislike non-family friendly apps.

Also, make sure to turn off the "Share Analytics" options in settings

Attached: ios-privacy-settings-analytics-screens-2.jpg (1600x854, 193K)

Used to have "The Chan" which was really good. Tetra is kind of shitty.

N-NO THIS CAN'T BE!!! Jow Forums TOLD ME APPLE ISN'T BOTNET!!!

>Just got an iPhone

Attached: 1535700330227.png (888x960, 380K)

Bruh I did it to escape the mega botnet. Apple's business model doesn't revolve around data mining the shit out of you. Yes they may collect data.

Android was comfy, I don't like iOS. But I did it to have relatively better privacy.

You're in for a rude awakening. Hope you have nothing to hide.

They collect BSSIDs and GPS data for their network location service.
consumerist.com/2010/06/21/privacy-change-apple-knows-your-phone-is-and-is-telling-people/

They neglected fixing a security vulnerability for three years so law enforcement could use it as a backdoor. Who says they don't the same with iOS?
telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html

They also have a backdoor to remotely wipe phones.
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html

Apple proposed integrating the fingerprint scanner into the screen so you can't use the phone without giving away your fingerprint.
theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/15/apple-removing-iphone-home-button-fingerprint-scanning-screen

Apple collects all your call history.
theintercept.com/2016/11/17/iphones-secretly-send-call-history-to-apple-security-firm-says/

We had the fappening happen because it uploads all your images to iCloud. It even sends the files to the cloud without asking for permission.
theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/04/apple-data-privacy-icloud

Most iCloud data and some data from passcode-locked devices can be provided.
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/05/new-guidelines-outline-what-iphone-data-apple-can-give-to-police/

tl;dr: Apple is just as bad as Google

these points seem valid, but your tldr is very incorrect. G is on another level.

It’s still on my phone. I pray to god it gos back on the App Store before I have to wipe or reset my phone

Attached: image.jpg (178x231, 31K)

What are you talking about

Attached: image.jpg (750x1334, 466K)

You can still download it if you purchased it

I have this one and it's pretty good
There's also one called Tetra. I believe its still in the app store. Try search that one OP

Nah, it pretty much is. Apple has been selling user data to the government and 3rd parties for a while now too.

cultofmac.com/486028/apple-distributors-china-arrested-selling-data/

You knows DO KNOW that the chan is a russian spyware, right? Apple has been working with 3rd parties to mine your data for a while now.

appleinsider.com/articles/18/09/07/dozens-of-ios-apps-secretly-collect-location-history-for-data-monetization-analysis-says

Shit costs $100 a year to keep an app up.

I don’t care about any of that
Also I’m Australian. I mine or be mined it’s all the same to me. I just sit back in the best country on earth and watch the world die

That's why they usually mine user data on the side to make up for that loss. The real problem is not some shitty company getting your data but the government. Data about texts, download hashes, DNS probles, ect ect can be used to blackmail you by the government. Why are you okay with allowing that? Sure both iOS and Android collect private user data but at least on Android you can disable most if not all of the botnet by rooting or installing something like lineage OS.

>buying a phone that can't even play webms in 2018

Attached: 1533336379996.webm (1024x768, 1.58M)

>not writing your own
senpai...

So what does this do for all the apps that secretly collect your data like gps, texts, phone calls, ect?

What possible reason would my government have for blackmailing me? What kind of world do you live in? It must be awful

uhh guys I don't see Tetra in the appstore...

Thr best way to escape is to not use a device at all. If you must though, use a custom Android from and only install apps from fdroid. Banning most apps from connecting to the internet also helps.
Closed source iOS and all the apps in the store is not the solution you're looking for.

Tons, you'll be a useful tool or get locked up. Enjoy finding out what that is soon.

This, out of the frying pan and into the fire. What fappening wave are we on? I've lost count.

I don't know about Android, but an app on iOS shouldn't be allowed to access texts or even contacts unless you explicitly allow them to. Let alone phone calls. There's a reason why apps go through internal screening before being allowed to be published.

And you shouldn't be downloading apps that don't have an explicit Privacy Policy.

>on Android you can disable most if not all of the botnet
my sides

>you can disable most if not all of the botnet by rooting or installing something like lineage OS.
but the vast majority doesn't, which is important to note. and you can't disable all of the botnet.

The big difference is that Google actively encourages the user to be logged in and engaged with the botnet at all times while Apple at least delineates what they collect or don't. There's a reason why there's constant news about malware being prevalent on the Play Store and not on the App Store.

For privacy, I'd rank smartphones as follows:

1) Nexus or Pixel device running CopperheadOS
iPhone
2) Mainstream device running LineaseOS
3) A smartphone that directly broadcasts all your phone calls and private data to the open internet for everyone to see
4) Mainstream device running factory-loaded Android

>make sure to turn off the options that make Apple devices and services better
Fuck off

messed up the numbering but you get the order of the list

yikes, imagine being this much of a potato

I do it on all the iDevices my friends own, I actively want to make Apple's life harder.
If you honestly look at the log data, you can see they collect stuff like the internet packets you download and cellular signal strength.

Yeah, no. Fuck Apple.

>750x1334

Safari is a good enough app for Jow Forums anyway

What is lineage os?

a distro not focused on privacy, but is better than vanilla Android

And way better than iOS both in privacy and functionality if you don't use google apps or use microg.
There's some dude working on a fork of lineage called /e/ that removes the remaining proprietary blobs but never had the time to check it out.

I wish CopperheadOS was on more devices

That can easily be bypassed.

t. iOS dev

see

As far as I know it is really made by a security company and used by important companies like Bosh.
But is it just standard Android but extra secure or does it have some other extra features like lineage?

copperhead.co/android/

>iShit
Found your problem.

enjoy max botnet, noob

>Bruh I did it to escape the mega botnet.
*INHALES*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1526151369698.jpg (1200x800, 107K)

the Goog botnet you brainlet
Nearly all devices are vulnerable to govt access

Also safari seems to be like a chrome of ios and other browsers like firefox are recognized by browser fingerprint-scanning sites as outdated safaris

Removed from sale

Attached: upload.jpg (750x1334, 273K)

I am jelly user
I saw you can download this thing called AppValley to somehow add some banned Jow Forums client called Fortune, but AppValley HK and I don't want to add their trust keys to my phone.

>he doesn't know about not using gapps and microg
lmao

>iPhone
>better than device with LineageOS
wew
>not even considering a device with LineageOS+microg or just LineageOS
So you don't know much about Android at all, do you?

>not knowing about the device is compromised at a lower hardware level
lmao

>not knowing the same low level backdoors apply to iPhones
lmao

werks for me

Attached: CA12AB93-28F1-4164-96FA-F60FEF0E2A35.jpg (750x1334, 460K)

>apple is the "lol I am dumb and I cant install lineage os or microg on my android phone" of phones

Attached: smug.png (450x450, 307K)

How does lineage OS deal with apps that require the play framework SDK? Majority of apps are dependent on this.

Dont worry, user, you be you, I know its hard for people like you to google alternative apps.

>having to use knockoff apps that suck, if you can even find something
why even bother lmao

delete this

>There's no Jow Forums app
literally the first result in your pic

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1529536177787.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

>iPhone is as good/better in privacy than devices with CopperheadOS or LineageOS without gapps
Wtf are you smoking delusional iSheep

Attached: 1513108882149.jpg (475x462, 179K)

Attached: prism-slide-51.jpg (700x525, 85K)

>search Jow Forums
>first result is Reddit
Makes you think huh

Attached: Screenshot_2014-04-13-11-27-53_1.jpg (1034x570, 109K)