Not using Debian GNU/Linux

>not using Debian GNU/Linux

explain yourself

Attached: 2018-10-27-160546_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 2.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pkgmaster.devuan.org/bannedpackages.txt
gnu.org/philosophy/nonfree-games.html
wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

systemd

>muh systemd
get a real answer fag

systemd and gentoo exists

Attached: evolution.jpg (600x367, 41K)

Devuan

Attached: already know.gif (267x260, 1.91M)

this
i use Devuan though

>uses copyrighted default macos wallpaper

kys.

>caring about muh copyright
So did you make your own wallpaper, fag?

>Not using Ubuntu 18.04 with Unity
explain yourself

Because Fedora

That's not the point moron.
You are using free as in freedom OS and using some shitty company's copyrighted work. Be a man and use free art.

it's free as in freedom so he has the freedom to use whatever wallpaper he wants
jesus christ you are a fucking autist

but i am

Attached: gnudebian.jpg (371x323, 49K)

Gentoo is a better stable running release system, doesn't have the half-hearted "muh free software only" autism and is easier to handle for custom configs like systemd less systems or custom kernels

Attached: Screenshot_20181027-194726.png (873x986, 303K)

I ain't using apt and I ain't using systemd.

Attached: 1536607259347.png (1056x973, 921K)

You do realize the Debian logo is also copyrighted right, faggot?

>Debian
compromised, founder killed by police

I don't like their policies, and modern software development moves too quickly for their stable release model.

I use Debian on my laptop. It works fine because all I use my laptop for is watching anime and web browsing.

I'm about to Switch from Debian -> Ubuntu on my desktop though. Some software is just too annoying to setup on Debian.

Owned by NSA.

fake news

Attached: debianrem.png (3840x2160, 2.39M)

Sure.

Ubuntu is better

>Using Debian
>Not using Windows Pro, Enterprise, or LTSB that's stripped of all the spyware and bloatware
You're a fucking retard. You can't game on Linux. Kill yourself.

you can in fact game on linux, and with better frame rates than windows
also, its amazing you think any version of windows has spyware and bloatware stripped. just sad

All lies you autistic Linux shill. Kill yourself.

Who could be behind this post?

Attached: 593af533c4adee1d008b4d9d-750-482.png (750x482, 219K)

I use mint. after setting it to autoupdate and changing the wallpaper and theme I don't mess with it beyond that as such customization is pointless.

Not everyone uses their computer as a toy.

Boomer packages

Tumbleweed mustard race reporting.

Attached: Screenshot_20181027_195214.png (1086x644, 134K)

>beleave me guys, i got no source or anything

I value my time when working and my leisure time is spent gayming.

>I am a mindless wagecuck who uses whatever muh bosses tell me to and I have no real pastimes or hobbies and contribute nothing to better myself or society.
Just tidied that up for you a tad m8.

Attached: danger-dangerous-kitchen-14117.jpg (3456x5184, 530K)

>your preferences aren't a valid answer USE MY SOFTWARE YOU FAGGOT
wew

The linux people are all deluded.

honestly the name makes me cringe. "deb" is without a doubt the ugliest female name

You made it significantly more verbose and projected more than I've ever seen. My workplace allows for Windows, MacOs, and Linux distributions.

>My workplace allows for Windows, MacOs, and Linux distributions.
Lying NEET detected.
t. akshully works as ICT contractor for corporate clients - no megacorps or anything enterprise level allows anything other than windoze for the plebs.

Managers etc. get a bit more latitude but it dept boffins know just to burn any hardware they get back from execs with fire

Attached: DrMartin.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

Slackware is more stable by leaps and bounds, and does everything Debian set out to do but better. If you're gonna use aptshit, at least use Devuan.

Is Devuan compatible with everything?

As far as I'm aware

...because Fedora had the wifi drivers for my laptop built-in.

>not ironically calling it "deebian"

Stallman is ok with copyrighting artwork.

But how

you're a cool guy user

because i like the more comfy choice.

Attached: comfyos.png (738x440, 70K)

I do use it currently, but I'm preparing to jump to Slackware once version 15 launches (hopefully this winter)
Debian's a great generalist distro, other than maybe using systemd. It's the one I'd recommend to pretty much anyone. I'm just autistic about having a minimal system and doing things for myself

gentoo exist user. I've been using it for 6 months and I feel really comfortable with it. not switching anytime soon

>using systemdicks
Install Devuan.

These.

If a package doesn't specifically list systemd as a dependency it'll work. This basically means you won't be able to use Gnome or the Plymouth boot screen. Both are useless trash anyways.

Attached: 1537290471927.jpg (364x395, 130K)

I have been using Debian on my computers since 2006. Last year I tried out Void on my laptop. After the second time a pulseaudio upgrade fucked up my sound and pulse permissions, and it took me two hours to fix, I switched to Void on my desktop too. It just works.

Debian is great, but systemd (and everything that comes with it) causes issues. I get why Linux admins love systemd, it allows them to easily configure and manage a server, what with journalctl and so on. But as a workstation user I don't need systemd.

(X) Doubt

I use it's derivatives

quick rundown please

Can't use TOR either, right?

I'm not poor so I can afford the latest hardware that isn't fully supported by this outdated cardboard DIY OS.

Because I want to use the latest version of packages, and debian's repos are ancient

I am using debian but I want to switch because the packages never update and it seems impossible to install i3-gaps. I should've installed arch.

I can use tor just fine on devuan, both the tor browser bundle both the standalone tor daemon.

>systemd
>8 year old software
>dpkg
>bloat

>old software
You are supposed to use the "testing" release.

>bloat
Skeleton install is smaller than Arch.

Tor doesn't have a systemdicks dependency, stupid pedo. Devuan mirrors the Debian repos but bans some packages. The list is surprisingly small. You can find it at

pkgmaster.devuan.org/bannedpackages.txt

I like to have updated packages

If you can't even build a package from source you should not install arch

rms is cool with nonfree art faggot

> Since the art in the game is not software, it is not ethically imperative to make the art free — though free art is an additional contribution.
gnu.org/philosophy/nonfree-games.html

I can compile whatever the fuck I want from source, I compile my own programs from source. But I'm not going to bother. Installing arch is child's play compared to an actually hard distro to install like gentoo.

>using a macOS wallpaper on a GNU/Linux machine

not him but what the fuck is up with the gentoo is hard to install meme? it's only hard to install if you have no patience and can't read. you can do anything if there's good documentation available

keeps room temp cozy

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-28 11-58-50.png (942x245, 58K)

>I can compile whatever the fuck I want from source, I compile my own programs from source
Yet getting i3-gaps on Debian is impossible for you…

*systemd/Linux

by impossible I meant impossible for someone who is as lazy as myself. And someone who doesn't like to install software through a method that the github specifically says is not intended for end users.

My shit old computer runs Debian xfce though, and I like it. But I prefer Kubuntu for a daily driver.

You're in for a hell of a time when pacman inevitably fucks something up and you have to spend hours fucking around trying to fix it
That's not just a meme either, I used to use Arch, and in the year and half or so that I used it I had about three instances where X11 broke and one where my wifi broke.
Also just installed i3-gaps on my stable debian install just now and it took about 5 minutes. Install stock i3 first and you don't even have to bother with dependencies

MY STUPID FUCKENING WIFI CARD DOESNT WORK AFTER REBOTING YOU FUCKS!!!!! YES I RAN THE NONFREE ISO
JUST FUCKING KILL ME!!!!1!!

Attached: 1540524046913.png (540x530, 270K)

windows is easier to use

just plug in the ethernet cord and install the firmware dude.

t. brainlet

that's not exactly true. Even with the new steam proton api most shit is just really hard to get working. Also the nvidia drivers are pretty bad I wouldn't reccommend going full linux unless you don't play games or you have an AMD card because of the good open source drivers.

But yeah once everything is smoothed out and CSGO has vulkan support I'll probably switch right over to using Void as my main

wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment

Attached: ugh.jpg (800x451, 55K)

I guess you do then?

>sudo service network-manager stop
>sudo service network-manager start
try that

GNU people master race.

Liar.
Debian doesn't have i3-gaps.

jesus that font rendering

Old as fuck everything, cumbersome package manager, no redeeming features. Pretty much every other popular distro has its own "killer features".

Also gnome

Serious question

Why would I use Debian?

I first started with Ubuntu and distro hopped to debian shortly after.

But for the last 5 years I've been using arch. The only thing I remember about debian is that it was easier to install if you wanted gnome. (but know I just wrote auto install scripts for arch)

Attached: 1487783048782.jpg (1000x1000, 313K)

No idea%

Attached: Screenshot_20181028_205630.png (1600x900, 517K)

leap

Attached: 1526580947041.png (615x372, 156K)

>apt
>systemd
>gnome
>"stable" in the sense of being outdated as fuck by default
Sorry, I'd rather use a real man's distro.

Attached: 1530591002425.jpg (395x398, 15K)

You compile it from source, brainlet

I use Chrome on Windows and my OEM's locked Android ROM. I'd rather embrace the botnet than lie to myself about being """more private"""

why would you
>not as feature complete as ubuntu
>not as lightweight as arch
>only benefit is 'stability' which to a desktop user just means outdated

But I am
systemd is AIDS btw

Attached: 2018-10-28-204210_2048x1536_scrot.png (2048x1536, 474K)

Well my raison d'être ISN'T pointlessly arguing with strangers on an anonymous Irian Jayan Steel Can Recycling imageboard.

Attached: DR0606V002S00_5ae7eb28df76d_1280 (2).jpg (1280x720, 134K)

I use it on my laptops just because it has lxde out of the box. on everything else though I just run vanilla ubuntu. I couldn't give a fuck what OS it is aslong as it works and gets done what I need done

Attached: 1538123533336.jpg (1028x700, 660K)

>zsh without oh my zsh and agnoster
Are you even trying